SKill Improvement

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Tue Aug 14 04:08:24 CEST 2001

At 08:25 AM 8/13/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm interested in any changes people have made out there to streamline parts
>of the rules.  While I like the skill system and the "use it to improve it"
>mentality, as well as the idea that some skills just take longer to improve
>due to complexity, all the math can get to be a drag after a while,
>especially when you have to help some of the players do it (i.e. they hand
>you the sheet and have you do it...can't really refuse since the player is
>not the best at math (numeric dyslexia) and is my SO. :}
>        -- Burton

Back in my hay day in the late 80s when I had a large pnp group ..I had one
guy
that
would create maybe a new guy every 2 weeks ...kept doing stupid things and
dying...real stupid like "Gee maybe If I run in that acid pool to th
eotherside
real
fast I can make it?"  GM : [looks at player with a sigh]

Anyways..in my hay day I could do a character in 10-15 min even a MU pretty
fast...course today I just hand folks the character generator :)