Promo material

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Tue Sep 5 03:48:38 CEST 2000

At 02:09 PM 9/2/00 -0800, you wrote:

>  My personal take is that P&P is a very ELEGANT system. Once understood the
>system fits together remarkably well and does an excellent job of smoothly
>simulating fantasy life at the chosen level of detail. Not being one of
>those who feels the need to know how many red blood cells were lost from
>each specific scratch I don't mind the generic 'hit points' used.

 What you don't like the GM notating how many cells were lost and the current
blood
pressure of the character?  Shame on you.

>  However the first problem it has is a steep initial learning curve. And I,
>at least, find that there are several problems that only come out when one
>has been playing awhile and have gotten deeply into the game. So second is
>that successful mages become incredibly powerful fairly quick. Thirdly the
>creatures use a simpler (i.e. different)  form of generation that causes
>problems when one gets into transformation and other advanced creature use.

 Yes very steep curve.  But alot of systems are like that.  Well the way I
always saw creatures is they made it 'basic' in that the basic lion the basic
troll.  Something you'd find in the wild.  The variation system would only be
used for the unusual or special ones.    As in nature a basic tiger of today
could easilly be no match for a perso with a few tools.  But say a unique
tiger
like the one in Africa that was the focus of the movie awhile back (ugh forgot
the name) would be a variation one.

>  I found it helpful to use blind spell rolls, partial fumbles and hidden
>EnL to keep mages from dominating the game too fast.

 Ahh..fumbles...the fun stuff we GMs can do :)

 "Ok.  You throw the grenade....opps...the pin is still in your
hand...opps...the grenade is at your feet...and (rolling dice)..."