Promo material

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Sun Sep 3 00:09:59 CEST 2000

> >> I would have to add that P&P is probably the most comprehensive system,
> >> without being unwieldly. I have played many RPGs since I first
encountered
> >> P&P, but I have never encountered one that laid out the world so
> completely,
> >> yet so fluidly.

> Well its all inclusive and exclusive....in that part of that setting is
based
> on the mechanics of
> teh rules and that's what makes it great.

  My personal take is that P&P is a very ELEGANT system. Once understood the
system fits together remarkably well and does an excellent job of smoothly
simulating fantasy life at the chosen level of detail. Not being one of
those who feels the need to know how many red blood cells were lost from
each specific scratch I don't mind the generic 'hit points' used.
  However the first problem it has is a steep initial learning curve. And I,
at least, find that there are several problems that only come out when one
has been playing awhile and have gotten deeply into the game. So second is
that successful mages become incredibly powerful fairly quick. Thirdly the
creatures use a simpler (i.e. different)  form of generation that causes
problems when one gets into transformation and other advanced creature use.
  I found it helpful to use blind spell rolls, partial fumbles and hidden
EnL to keep mages from dominating the game too fast.

    Alex K