Planar Travel

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Oct 28 01:32:56 CEST 2000

At 03:16 PM 10/27/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Personally, I have always ruled the following way :
>1. The "Elven/Fearry/other" Interworld travel spell is just that, a spell
>or spell based innate.  It states in the description (of the spell) that it
>is restricted to locations where there are "barriers/links" between
>worlds.  Thus Avalon, etc... are made to be Very Important Sites for the
>Sidh populations of the Middle World.

I don't recall the barriers thing but then again it has been years since I
looked specifically
at the spell description.  :)

>2. Planar Travel allows access to ANY WORLD the character has knowledge
>of.  Using other methods of Scrying they may travel with this spell to a
>specific location in ANY OTHER WORLD.  Keeping in mind the "rebound" factor
>of time, they are free to go wherever they want (if they go to the lower
>world and come back, multiply the time they were there by 300!!! ouchies
>for Mr. Joe Human).  Consequently, going to other worlds without knowing
>what their timestream is like is always dangerous.  Also this is the ONLY
>way a LAW/Nuetral/Chaos Tied character may enter the lower world.  Of
>course this would be stupid, as they would IMMEDIATELY be killed
>(continuously attacked by an encounter every 2 minutes is what I usually
>do... which usually ends Tied travel quickly... oh, that and a burning
>resentment from every Elder creature (basically they have just become
>Kotothi aligned in the eyes of Sidh, this is automatic, no save, for Tied
>characters who do this in my world))

Every 2 minutes..ouch..a bit rough indeed.  There are humans in the middle
world so I don't allow
non normal aligned folk to get there.  Granted they would have a bit more
likely encounters
but not as rough as the above in my case.