Dropped Wpns

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Thu Oct 12 19:20:21 CEST 2000

Regarding Burton's reply and the earlier comment:
>> but a character dropping a weapon seems a bit urealistic at times.  I
mean a
>> good
>> swordsman had control of his weapon the only way it would normally be
fumbled
>> is the famous scene where the bad guys throws the sword out of the other
guys
>> hands.

>Not necessarily dropped, just unusable -- turned in your hand, out of
>position, etc.

    I've fenced (foil, epee and saber) since 1977. I consider myself a good
swordsman.
And yes, I still drop weapons in combat even though I know the tricks and
counters
to encourage people to lose their blades. So fumbles DO happen and they
aren't even
all that rare.

    Alex