Ashipu Powers: Dispersion and Damnation

Wout Broere w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL
Wed Feb 17 10:00:11 CET 1999

At 03:31 PM 2/10/99 -0800, you wrote:
>While developing a number of Priests for a temple (can't say too much
>about it as Paul Ming, one of my players, reads this list), I noticed
>that two of the Ashipu powers are not present in the Priesthood II
>article (Dispersion and Damnation).

As far as I am aware, these errors were never corrected. As I recently
started playing a Qadishtu Mah Priest myself, I noticed the omission too.
We haven't figured out how to fill the gap, but for the moment I think
about adapting Repulsion and Dissolution from the Shamanic Origin Powers.

>Also not present is the explanation of the Offensive and Healing
>Powers division, although I assume that generally the Ashipu take the
>Offensive and the Qadishtu take the Healing unless there are only
>Qadishtu (as in L'p'nth and Clima) in which case both sets of powers
>are present in that group (never both in one individual though, unless
>they pay double for apprenticeship).

As I read it, both classes may take powers from both groups, although the
Ashipu should stress the exorcist side and the Qadishtu Mah should focus on
the Healing side. The description says that they have principal training in
one field and some expertise in the other, without paying double
apprenticeship costs.

Wout