P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Thu Nov 20 08:27:29 CET 1997

*** Quoting w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL from a message to longshot ***

w.> There may be a reasonable explanation to use both. The 'new' names do
w.> sound more like they are the names the creatures give to themselves
w.> (Dvaallinn), whilst the generic names are how the humans refer to
w.> them (those bloody dwarfs). So both terms are used, but by different
w.> people. Like the Inuit/Eskimo problem.

I like that explanation...makes sense and is a good idea to use both names.
On the description of say a peri and such.  I tend to perfer basic descriptions
for the players.  After all most humans in the game only see humans.  If they
visit a long misty swampand knows every creature there.  So I tend to either
have a npc 'know' the creature and give clues on defense and offense against it
or just let the players wing it.  I find its more fun that way.

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL