[pnpgm] RQ pcs

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 23:50:33 CEST 2021

Helped David today it was a great attempt.
I learned some things.

If using website with 8 steps this is fine.
* Ok to do homeland and copy/paste skills/stuff from there
* Family history is RQ6 itis gee whiz stuff.  If you want ot do it
feel free.  I believe its chapter 2? in rq6?
  IF you do not hten skip this step
* Ok to do step 3 rune affinities
* 4 - Stats
* 5- Occupation
* 6-Cult
Then copy all stuff down or paste and get it ready.

Step 7 and 8 shoul dbe skipped if you wan tto use RQ2 Previous Experience
If using PE around page 104
This covers
   * STat hanges
   * Experience - Merc, Milita, Apprenticeship

This is same as Family history in rq6
    Use step 1, 3-6 and rq2
    Can use rq6 for step 2 or Previous experience
    The website does not cover magic well though.

So there are 3 paths
1) Pure RQ6
   USe rq6 pdf and website.  BUT kee in mind using rq2 ules.  We can
use Rune affiniity adn such form rq6 but its more a character
trait.  Skills and spells are much different so you put yourself at a
OP uber level using rq6 over others.

2) RQ2 pure
   Mixed with website or not
      Mixed -
3) Pure RQ2
    There is no pure step by step
    So one can use
    Chapter 2 is good place
      * Stats
      * Other factors
      * Background - This covers a very generic family history VERY basic.
      * RQ2 does little on jobs per se.  Aside from previous experience.
        So may need to move onto Combat and Non Combat skills
     * MAybe jump
     * Chapter 6 covers guilds and some cults rq2 covers little on cults.
        This is why website on cults is fast and easy.
      * Now can move ot previous experience page page 104
          From age 16-21 you can do stat increases and get some experience.
      * This will give some spells but you can then buy new battle magic.
         By Cult/Guld credit or stat changes or money you have
         It is possible to hae 2-3 spells.
         Big diff in rq2 and rq6 is magic.  Rune Magic and alot of
spirit magic is only in rq6
        So rq2 only deals with basic Batlte Spells/magic.
     * Then cleanup like you can buy new spells, gear or skills.

https://thetrove.is/reader.html?file=https%3A%2F%2Fthetrove.is%2FBooks%2FRunequest%2520and%2520Glorantha%2520%2528d100%2529%2FRunequest%2520%2528Mongoose%2529%25201st%2520Edition%2FRuneQuest%2520Core%2520Rules%2FMGP8108%2520-%2520RuneQuest%2520Arms%2520%2526%2520Equipment.pdf

RQ2 has little gear aside from armor, weapon, missile tables which
includes cst.
RQ6 has a full chapter on it 5 or 6 I beileve.
That pdf above is a 98 page on just gear.

----

Hope did not confuse you more.
I am willing ot help in various ways.  Today did David's and tonight
will start Geralds.
Good news we don't need roll20 or email dice rollers.
In discord I installed a dice roller in the pnp server with its own channel.
Can roll using !dX
So !d10 !d6 !4d6+6
Can do !help for format.

I honestly prefer a mix of website and rq2 stuff.

Thanks folks!
Now that I have helped David I have a better feel for rq2 including
Previous Experience.
Sadly I do not have it all memorized.
So will need to red stuff.
But it took 3-4 hours today in discord.
To get 95% done.

I should update my guide but I hope this fills in gaps.