[pnpgm] Game Update #177 - File #1283 - Final Scene and a new rescue

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 03:35:53 CEST 2021

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newaropenofficek.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #177 sequence (file #1283)

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Lying on the ground, Z'leyra
casts magical healing on herself...

         [Ma ??, 1636?TH]

         [Tun 1: Phase 3]

            Fremea didn't care much about the
woman, this time it is a child. This time this
dead man made a very large mistake.

            Fremea builds magical energy as the first man seen

            Z'leyra builds energy for a healing spell.

            Fremea teleports directly behind the
man holding the girl a foot.  The noise of this
startles the man who glances back and raises his
hand holding the dagger to kid's throat.  But
this is Fremea's chance to pounce as she lunges
and stabs the man in the neck doing 6
points.  She trips the man and as the man
stumbles backwards she slams him to the ground.  The girl runs away.

            The cubes around the party flash and
gas erupts from hidden areas in the grass and
begin to choke the party.  At the same time a
blast of energy erupts from the 3 cubes and slams
into the party.  Those not affected by the blasts
or as are stunned.  Those affected are knocked to the ground.

            Arawn remains standing and backs away from the gas.

            Z'leyra has no time for first aid as
she sees a cloud of unconsciousness blot her
eyes.  She wills herself to stay away.  She casts
her spell and heals 7 points.

            The first man glances at the running
girl.  He considers grabbing her but sighs.  HE
glances at the party.  He does a loud whistle the
shakes his head. “this could've been
easier.  Blood is now on your hands.”  He taps his chest and disappears.

            Unali runs in the shadows of the
trees.  As she nears what could be the archers
she spots 4 men.  But then hears a
whistle.  Before she can react they each tap
their chest and disappear with bows in hand.

            The girl runs up to her dead mother and begins to sob.  “Help her!”

            Z'leyra stops the bleeding of her own
wound and moves slowly to the female.  But she is
burnt to a crisp.  There is no hope.  She shakes her head at the crying girl.

            Fremea flies back scanning the trees
but sees nothing as she moments earlier finishes the man off.

            Arawn goes to help the party and it
takes several minutes to either wake them up from
the gas or recover from the non lasting stun effects.

            Unali returns to the party after a
survey of the forest and finds no one there.  She
frowns on seeing the upset girl.

            There are no effects from the gas and
stun effects and most wonder why they just didn't
do that? Probably too risky as clearly Arawn wasn't affected.

            The girl looks at the party.  “You
did this!”  She screams.  “Why?!”  She begins to
cry again as Fremea comforts her.

            Kiet looks to the man Fremea took
out.  No.  Wait?  Where did he go?  His body was
just there over there? Now its gone.

            Arawn looks at the nearest cube to
inspect it closer but as he does he sees the cube
disappear.  The plate and other cubes as well teleport away.

            It is clear these men did not want
anything traced back to them in their failed
attempt.  If only the party had just given the
items it all would've ended different and the items teleported away

            The girl jumps up, “my brother!” She
begins to run to the north.  The party realizes
she is going back to her home.  They quickly
gather gear and run after her.  There is very
little of her mother to scoop up but ashes and minor bones.

            Some 12 minutes later the party
enters a nearby town.  Maybe 50 homes here.  The
party follows the girl to her small single room
hovel.  She hopes the door and screams.

            There the party sees 2 more kids
around age 4 and 8 girl and boy dead slit
throats.  The man was true to his word to kill the family.

            Kiet notices a note on the door from
inside and pulls it off the nail.  In Marentian:

            'If you had just given the
items.  Items that do not belong to you!  Now the
death of these are on your hands.  The bitches
could'nbtain them and I failed.  But you have
made a serious enemy today.  We shall meet again.'

            Soon townsfolk arrive to see the
bodies and the party.  A elder asks questions but
finds there is no evidence the party was not involved.

            Z'leyra asks what the date is.

            The elder replies, “Augado 13th.”

            [Augado 13th, 1636TH]

            The party calculates it has been 94
days since party entered the lower
world.  Actually that is far lower than what it
could have been.  Maybe the portals helped in
that regard?  But 3 months.  Thanks for the
participation.  Hope it was fun.  Now we just
have clean up to do.  Return to Sivas will take a
few days by wagon, boat or horse.  Dinner,
Rest.  Minor stuff.  Heres the agenda for the
future.  I need to send out Cps (Character
points) so you guys can add to stats. Then we can
cleanup sheets, etc.  This may take some time
like weeks.  But I'm starting a new thing at work
which will require a new dynamic.  So 19th-23rd
work straight so really 9 days straight –
15-23rd.  Then will have days off.  So aside from
Wednesday updates will be probably first of
may.  I will do minor updates of status and what
is going on.  So stay tuned guys.  Stuff will be
very slow for awhile so don't panic.  Just a lot of book keeping to do.

ZL was not affected by the stun/gas area effect.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update....Wednesday?

         GM:  The adventure is now officially
over.  My goals were to setup details for the
next adventure which I did as well the Lower
World stuff which was new to me as well as the
Eastern lands. Both new so that was fun.