[pnpgm] Game Update #147 - File #1099 - Witch Combat 5+6

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 03:19:33 CEST 2020

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Bes (3).........Warrior.npc................Mo..Bes..............

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #147 sequence (file #1099)

         Admin Notes: Minor admin note.  Last
update file # was 1082.  Not 1081.

            From Unali: [Re: Actions]
                 Unali will concentrate on #2
next phase and hopes to take her out. She glances
sideways to Tsia, and for now she seems to hold
well. If #2 is dead next phase and Tsia still
seems well enough to fight #4 alone, Unali has to make a split decision.

                 #1 is probably the leader of
this coven, and Unali really wants to take her
out. She estimates she can charge #1 next phase.
The Bes guard cries for help for the king, but
the other party should be close by. Someone should be able to help.

                 If during phase 5 there is no
more cry for help from the king or second guard,
Unali continues with her plan to charge #1. If
the king himself calls for help, Unali will
charge that way and attack any witches that
threaten the king. Only if the king seems safe
will she continue on to assist the guard.
                 - If she continues and charges
#1 she plans to attack with two daggers.
Something is off, the way she stands there,
overlooking the battle but not joining. Is she
preparing something or ready to bolt at first
danger. Unali is not sure and wary of surprises,
but also intent on not finding out.

                 Maybe in different settings,
with more of the other witches taken out, she
would opt for subdual attacks, but now she
doesn't risk it and lets her anger towards these
L'p'nthi take over and she leaps into the fight intent on killing #1.
                 - If she continues towards the
king, she would try to end up near #h so she is
between the witch and the king. Killing #h and
#i, but if possible knock #j out subdual, only
killing if there is an active DL from this witch.
            GM: Ack.

            From Kiet: [Re: actions]
                 Kiet is pissed off now.  First,
they try to burn him with black

                 OOC...yes, that’s a lot...but he
can talk and chew gum.  But maybe it will at least give him a chance.
            GM Ack.  A direction would've helped but I'm good. :)

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Holding the tourmaline in her
shield hand, Z'leyra moves to attack the witches
from unexpected direction or rear (she is alert
to if they can apparently see in the magical
darkness or not) and continues to attack
aggressively while trying to keep the witches in
the dark while not covering the party members in the darkness.
            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok is very concerned for
Pyan, but the man is still on his feet. Raddok
will focus on killing the 2 witches in front of
them, then turn right to help the King, unless
Pyan is in trouble. The shadowy cloud blocks any
vision of what else is going on, so it's a
relatively easy decision to make. He can quickly
offer a bandage or rag from his first aid kit or
belt pouch for Pyan to wrap his forehead (it
there's time) but he can see the king is at risk
& that one of his guards is down.
  If the 2 witches (#8 & 10) are quickly killed,
he will call to Pyan to follow & run toward the
king & place himself in front of him with his
shield as a barrier, only using his mace if
#17-19 are close enough to strike. If he sees at
some point that Pyan is in trouble, Raddok will
be feeling very torn between his duties, but will
handle whatever is closest to him at the time.
            GM: Ack.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 OOC:
                 Apologies to any PC's severely
affected by the darkness generated by the
tourmaline. I was just trying to pull the
container (not the tourmaline) free (as he knew
darkness would be generated) and figure out how
to get it to Z'leyra (as I didn't know which NPC
she was attacking yet) safely and without
blinding everyone. But I'm guessing she must have
been really close to death so I figure that's why
it played out this way. Again, sorry about the darkness:(

                 Scott, Arawn was also trying to
cast Invisibility on himself in phase 4. Did this take effect?

                 IC:
                 Phase 5:
                 Arawn hoped Z'leyra would be
able to maneuver herself so that the others would
no longer be hindered by the darkness. But unsure
if she'd be able to safely do so, he called out,
                 "Covered stone brings light!"
                 He hoped the shamaness would
know or remember the traits of the tourmaline or
at least understand his words. Whether a closed
fist or stuffed away, once it was shrouded the
darkness would fade while ideally offering her
its continued protection for the time being.
                 - If he wasn't able to cast
Invisibility (EL 0, boosted with Sidh Tongue and
Empathy) on himself in Phase 4 he'll do so now
(EL 0, but only Empathy boost). Afterwards he'll
then attempt to step back a few feet from the
enemy but only if he feels he can safely do so
without tripping. Otherwise he'll rely on his
shield as well as the immunity and defense
afforded him by his armor for protection.
                 - If he was able to cast
Invisibility in Phase 4 he will instead cast
Levitate (EL 2) and levitate straight up and out of the darkness.

                 Phase 6:

            If he cast Invisibility on himself in Phase 4 -
                 From his spot above the
battlefield he'll cast Battle Mind at EL 4 to
include himself, the Bes king, Bes warrior C, Pyan and Raddok.
                 "Battle Mind," he'll call out to
his allies in dwarf elder and then marentian.
                 He will then fire his bow using
his Elf-Shot at on enemy H, I, or J. After, he'll
then levitate to put himself in a position to
help Bes warrior C protect the Bes king.
                 If he cast Invisibility on himself in Phase 5 -
                 If he's still blind he'll cast
Levitate at EL 2 and then rise up out of the
darkness. If for some reason he can see he'll
instead move to assist Bes warrior C in
protecting the king (unless someone seems to be
in more need of help), charging enemy J and attacking invisibly.
  GM: Ack. You're fine.  Blame a diff player who
reminded me of the darkness side effect. ;) I
figured a container like flask or such would be
bad as she couldn't hold it and get gem out and
fight.  So figured it'd in a cloth or
bag/pouch.  It just adds spice. :) Right. I
forgot the Inviso.  It was in my notes but guess
I missed it.  So retroactive will see in this
update.  Detailed actions. Thanks. :) BTW I
forgot a belated happy Bday.  I kept meaning to post in FB but...

            From Opus: [Re: From email not list]
                 Opus swings at the nearest enemy
he can hit with as much anger he can muster a
life of anger in this one swing . He screams in
his native tongue!. “Die Witches!”
            Opus knows in his head Kimis can fend
her self but he rather hit the one on her if possible!
            Ooc: My wife is home and recovering
from blood clots and they found no new cancer! I
got tested for virus so I could enter hospital
due to having a cold to be safe. The test was a  negatory !!!
            The small family crisis has ended and
7’days later she is home and so far blood test
showing positive numbers. Life can be scary and Unknown other times it is
Rewarding and fun! I call this a success.
            GM: Ack.  I waned to share good news.  So glad for ya man!.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [I apparently missed something I
thought I had read, but didn't find again re:
Pyan. If Pyan is that severely injured ('near
death'), Raddok would stay beside him, defend him
as necessary & offer what aid he could under the
circumstances. The various emails don't always
correspond with each other & I am trying to keep
my PC effective under what seems to be rather
dire circumstances - people on both sides of him in deadly danger]
  GM: Ack.  You're fine. Got this after update
finished so I did the same thing.

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time:  2:30:10 pm]
         [Phase 4]

            Arawn casts his invisibility spell
and disappears among the darkness.

         [Time:  2:30:13 pm]
         [Phase 5]

            Female #6 raises her hand and speaks magical words.

            Witch #12 (#i) raises her dagger free
hand and casts a spell as well at the Bes Guard in front of her.

            Suddenly a arrow flies from the east
behind Witch #12 and impacts right into the back
of her skull in the soft tissue between neck and
skill.  The arrow pierces her throat and the tip
juts out.  She takes 12 points of damage.  As she
collapses onto her back a bolt of dark lighting arcs into the air above her.

            Witch #6 reaches for Mournath
avoiding Kiet, she completes the spell and
Mournath screams.  Z'leyra glances over at the
noise and sees in the darkness.  Her heart sinks
as the sailor known as Mournath disintegrates
into a powder.  There is no hope for him now.

            Arawn casts his levitate spell and
begins to raise as he grabs his bag.

            Kiet is pissed off now.  First, they
try to burn him with black magic, then they cut
through or around Windwall, and finally this
insufferable blackout! Girra curse them!

            In fact, that’s not a bad idea.

            Kiet activates his boots for speed
and says, "Captain!  Follow my voice!", repeating
it often.  Kiet doesn’t know which way to go, but
figures away from the witches immediately next to
him would work best.  Careful to maintain contact
with the ground, but moving as quickly as
possible, he tries to get out of the dark and at
least 20' beyond.  He will stop, then identify
targets to burn and start using his rings to hit
four different targets (however long it takes),
defending himself as best he can with sword and
shield.  Blessings upon Kell for this shield!

           As Kiet starts to move west a voice in
his head screams. “STOP!”  Is that Windward his
armor?  Yes, Windwall's anger is felt like a coal
to the eyes.  Then Kiet hears the echo of
Mournaths' scream in his brain. “Avenge!” A
mental picture of the stage in front of him
without the darkness.  A memory? A image from
Windwall?  “Now!” The armor yells and Kiet seems
to by reflex raise his hand and fire his pinky
ring.  The smokeless flame hits Witch #6 at point
blank range only a 1.5 feet away.  She screams as
she is burnt from inside out doing 35 points of damage.  She collapses dead.

            Kiet then yells to Dorhak and moves
out of the darkness panting as he feels the
vibrations of Winwall's anger in his mind.  What
did it know/  Kiet heard Mournath scream but did not see what happened?

            Z'leyra moves to the east and around
the 3 females.  She gets behind Witch #12 (#c)
and hits her in her left back doing 5 points. All
3 females seem to notice Z'leyra moving and so
shifted to reflect this rear attack.  This
confirms to Z'leyra may be prepared to see in darkness.

         Unali swings at #2 with one dagger
missing.  The other magical dagger hits in lower
right abdomen just above hip dong 10 points.  The
female staggers but stands. Unali knows if other
dagger had hit she'd be dead.

            Arawn raises his voice and speaks in
Marentian to Z'leyra, “Covered stone brings
light!”  Then reaches for his quiver and bow.

           Tsia raises both daggers and stabs #4
in left and right breast piercing her breast doing 2 and 5 points.

            Kiet surveys the land for new targets.

            Pyan wipes his brow with his sleeve
and thrusts at the Female in front of him but misses.

            Kimis swings her axe at Female #14
(e) doing 10 points to her left middle chest.

            Raddok swings on Female #10 (a) and
hits in center left chest doing 5 points
(actually 10 overboard) and kills the girl.

            The King looks for a target to help
but the darkness prevents helping much.  He
applies pressure to stop the bleeding as best he can.

            Opus swings his axe on nearest female but misses.

            The last Bes guard thrusts at #17 (h
and hits her in left upper chest doing 2 points.

            Female #2 thrusts at Unali but
misses.  Female #4 swings at Tsia but misses as well.

            Female #5 turns as she sees Kiet move
away then charges him.  She swings her dagger but
hits his shield. Female #7 also hits Dorhak's own
shield and her blow is blocked.

            Female #8 swipes at Pyan but misses.

            Female 11-13 turn to face
Z'leyra.  Female #12 and #13 hit with daggers but
first fails to penetrate her armor, #13 swipes
Z'leyras left arm doing 1 point of damage.

            Female #14 swings on Opus but misses.
Then #15 swings on Kimis hits her in left center
ribs doing 1 point of damage with her
dagger.  Female #16 hits Barbosa's shield.

            Female #17 and #19 swing at the last Bes guard but both miss badly.

            Barbosa hits with his mace Female #19
(j) doing 5 more pints to her left ribs.

            Dorhak hears Kiet and hears him
moving away? Sounds like that way to west? HE
swings his sword on #7 after hearing Mournath's
scream. He hits doing 5 points to her left shoulder.

         [Time:  2:30:16 pm]
         [Phase 6]

            Arawn prepares a spell as he hovers
and floats about 30 feet off the ground invisible.

            Arawn aims and fires his bow toward
Female #19 near the Bes but the arrow goes wild.

            Arawn yells his plans for a Battle
Mind spell.  Then casts it but Arawn does not
feel any group mind effect.  So spell must've failed.

            Kiet has selected #16 (g) as a target
for his ring.  He turns subtly from the female #5
and fires his ring at her  The smokeless flame
hits her and she takes 36 points of damage falling over dead.

            Z'leyra thrusts her sword at Female #12 (#c) but fails to hit.

            Unali knows a single hit will take #2
out so faces north and with one dagger in each
hand attacks #2 and #4.  She does kill #2 with a
lower right abdomen strike but her #4 attack
fails to hit.  Now facing north she sees the nude
female and knows that’s her next target.  She
figures Tsia should be able to handle one female alone.

            Tsia swipes with both daggers the
first hits in #4's left breast but her armor
protects here.  The right side dagger hits in
lower right abdomen doing 10 points.  The one
eyed woman figures one good hit will take her out.

            Kiet turns to face #5 and hits with
tulwar on her right upper leg doing 6 points of
damage but the female wobbles but remains standing in pain.

            Pyan stabs his spear into #8's left
center rib doing 8 points the final damage to kill her.

            Kimis swings her axe on the female
nearby and the battle axe slips from her hands
and tumbles behind the female onto the ground.

            Raddok leaves Pyan now that he's safe
and stops by the King.  The King nods and urges
Raddok to help the guard.  Raddok runs up to come
along side the last Bes Guard.  The Miner swings
at #17 hitting her in the left center ribs doing 5 points of damage.

            The King now with fresh breath and
now sees the tide turn moves to help Raddok.  He
stabs #17 with spear but fails to hit.

            Opus sees Kimis fumble her axe and
figures its on accident.  She'll probably wrestle
the female.  But he swings his battle ax onto #14
hits her in the left upper leg doing 9 points of damage.

            The Bes guard panics a bit when he
sees his King back in line.  He stabs #17 in the
right center ribs doing 9 points of damage with his spear.

            The nude female sees her allies die
slowly and quickly.  She decides on her next move as she stands in place.

            Female #4 stabs Tsia in center of
chest but her armor protects her.

            Female #5 swings on Kiet but his shield blocks the blow.

            Female #7 swings on Dorhak but misses entirely.

            Female #11-#13 (b,c,d) all attack
Z'leyra.  First 2 hit but her armor protects her.  The 3rd hits her shield.

            Female #14 hits Opus in center right
ribs doing 5 more points of damage. Female #15
fails to hit the weaponless Kimis even as she dodges her strike.

            Female #17 swings on Raddok but hits his shield.
Female #19 fails to hit the Bes Guard.

            Barbosa swings on #15 hits in left
lower abdomen doing 5 more points to her.

            Dorhak tries to swing on #7 but in the darkness he fails to hit.

         GM: Actions? Comments

             Next update...Saturday?

         GM: IF I get posts I could try
Thursday?  If not Sat or Monday if run out of
time.  I was close this sat by only a hour or two
more.  Since less folks on map its a quicker
combat now.  So maybe 2 hours not 3 per
phase.  Hope data is accurate I messed up 2 folks
but corrected.  Logistics is a hard time for a pbem like this. :)

            Arawn – IF you move to diff position let me know for angles.

            Dorhak – Wasn't sure if you were following Kiet out of darkness?

            Mournath – Sorry but the bad rolls
for you.  She was either going to disintegrate
you or Kiet.  Rolled dice to see who.  If it was
Kiet he'd be dead too.  Our first PC loss in
years.  Sorry Bert.  But your probably not even reading this. :<

            Pyan – Assume you continue fight or stop the bleeding a phase?

            Unali – Assume #1 is next phase
target.  Keep in mind if pattern fits these
witches seem to cast magic every 2 phases.

         GM: Groups- [here to remind me of walking groups]

            Kiet/Dorhak                  1
            Raddok/Mournath              2
            Fremea
            Unali/Barbosa                        3
            Z'leyra/Tsia                 4
            Arawn/Opus/Kimis/Pyan        5
            King/2 Bes                   6

            5 2 1 4 3 6 – Spread out skirmish line.

         GM: Map

         /I\ = North
        1 Hex = 10 feet  1 Column = 5 feet       1 Row = 5 feet

          1         2         3         4
5         6         7         8
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_1/  \__/  \__/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ B
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  C
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ D
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  E
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \4_/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ F
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__UT
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  G
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_~/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ H
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_O/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_S/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  I
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/eI\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
Rh__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ J
/  \__/  \__/  \_ /  \fB/  \__/(*)__/P
\__/  \_C/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  K
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/@@\@@/@@\@@/@
j__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ L
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \@@/@@\@@/@@\@_/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  M
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/@@\@@/@@\@@/@
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ N
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \@@/@@\A@/@@\@_/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  O
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__K5
\__/@@@@@/bcd@@/@@\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ P
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
@\7D/@@\@Z/@@\@@/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Q
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\_@/@@\@@/@@\@@/@@\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ R
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \@@/@@\@@/@@\@@/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  S
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \@@/@@\@@/@
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ T
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
@\@@/@@\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  U
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/@@\__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ V
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  W
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ X
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Y

(*) = Shaft?   [K33]
  ~  = Poweder  [H33]
  @  = Darkness around Z'leyra 25 foot diameter

  A  = Arawn    [O42] Bow 30 Feet levitating up
  D  = Dorhak   [Q36] Short Sword/Shield
  K  = Kiet     [P28] Tulwar, Shield
  M  = Mournath [Dead]
  P  = Pyan     [K38]
  R  = Raddok   [J48] Shield/Mace
  T  = Tsia     [G32] Dagger
  U  = Unali    [G31] Daggers
  I  = Kimis    [J24] Battleaxe
  O  = Opus     [I24] Battleaxe
  Z  = Z'leyra  [Q43] Shield/Sword
  B  = Barbosa  [K24] Shield/Mace
  S  = King     [I48] Spear
  C  = Bes #1   [K48] Spear
  N  = Bes #2   [Dead]

Females
  1 = Nude Female [A36] ex-wolf
  2 = #2  [Dead] 3 - #3  [Dead] 4 - #4  [F32]
  5 = #5  [P29]  6 - #6  [Dead] 7 - #7  [Q35]
  8 = #8  [Dead] 9 - #9  [Dead] a - #10 [Dead]
  b = #11 [P42]  c = #12 [P43]  d - #13 [P44]
  e = #14 [J23]  f = #15 [K23]  g - #16 [Dead]
  h = #17 [J49]  i = #18 [Dead] j = #19 [L49]