[pnpgm] Game Update #151 - File #1125 - Combat Aftermath

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:02:13 CET 2020

Fremea is very glad to see Unali come through the tunnel and not another damn enemy. She was handling these three on her own just fine, but it was tiring fighting all of them at once.

She is glad to have one alive for questioning, though she is not going to do it, since she has no mana and no idea what they speak. Since Unali is here, that means the others should be also. After her search of the place, she really needs to learn how to spot hidden places better, like Raban, she looks to Unali and it seems she has the rest handled, including dragging the captured one up. She makes her way up the tunnel to the forest again.

She is stunned to see the Vily. She has never seen one before, even she was told about them and they should be avoided at all costs. Fremea will keep her eye on the Vily, just to make sure nothing is to happen to her. Once she is up top, it seems there was a lot of fighting up here also. Maybe she should have used the device, well it doesn't matter now. She then finds out about Mournath and that he is a pile of dust. She didn't know him much, but it is a pity, as he turned out to be ok, for a human. She is really glad to have taken out that caster first.

< Dorhak calls to Fremea before she takes off again and pulls
her aside.  In a lowered voice, he tells her "Don't think that
I have missed that you disobeyed a direct order, about not engaging an
enemy."  His voice doesn't change as he continues.
"You specifically chose to enter the structure and risking being
killed before anybody knew there was an enemy here.  You risked the
lives of everyone here, as well as one that is no longer here.  You
rolled the dice and he paid the price."

   He sighs and continues "Fremea, you endanger everyone
here.  You have known them longer than have I, yet you treat them as
expendable.  Worse, you treat yourself as expendable.  This
makes you almost more of a danger than Kotothi, because we count on
you.  If you were to be killed while you are freewheeling it, there
would be no way for us to know.  There would be no one to mourn you
either."

   "Think about that the next time you decide you know
best.  Oh, and think about Mournath too.  His fate is partially
the result of that decision."

   "Now, get back to work scouting and get out of my
sight.">

She waits patiently for this little man to finish his little speech to her, as if he is her master. Coming out not so calm as she attempts, "DO NOT think you command me little man. Though you are the leader of our little group right now, that does not give you any right to tell me how to scout or that by my actions I am the cause of this tragedy. Maybe you think me entering the structure was "against" your orders, but you have no idea if by entering the structure I prevented something else, or that I could not have gotten some intel. I ran into magic, which if I had any of my mana, maybe I could have avoided it altogether, but instead we came here before getting any back."
She speaks louder for anyone near to hear, "By not having mana I could not do many of my normal tricks and whoever the guy was, which is probably that other pile of ash, he knew of our little group, at least the longer running members, because he was glad that it was not Thig that came down the chute and he knew my name. Maybe something would be different if I ran back to you without much of anything except something invisible, but I really doubt it. The man was talking outside and then I heard female voices, something happened and I had to fight for my life, which based on things we all did."

She starts to walk away from Dorhak, "If you truly believe I am worse than Kotothi, then I shall no longer talk to you or help YOU. I shall do what I always do for family and they will be notified of what seems to be important when I know what it is."

She will tell Arwan and Z about the voice, smell or anything she can remember about the man before he was destroyed. Hopefully they will have an idea. She then takes off into the air again and circles the area to make sure there is nothing else waiting for them. She will slowly head in the direction of the "portal" that was sensed.