[pnpgm] Game Update #150

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Oct 15 21:07:23 CEST 2020

OOC:

   Regarding Mana Powers - Mana Sending (Charging) option, if Arawn can successfully cast this on one of the PC spellcasters, they can convert the energy into Mana. This should then allow them to access mana from the Mana Batteries/Mana Storage devices, correct?

   Also, Arawn will attempt to reclaim the arrow he shot at the witch if it's still useable. BTW, could you put the MEP/CEP Arawn got for shooting the witch with the Elf-Shot arrow?

IC:

   When Asaria arrived Arawn had kept silent, listening to the conversation as he gathered up Mournath's remaining belongings, both magical and mundane, with a saddened heart. As the wind began the process of dispersing his ashes the druid gathered a bit up so that a portion of Mournath could be returned to home or to the sea he loved. He very quietly prayed over the man along with the dead bes, urging their souls to move on in peace.

   Before Asaria left he spoke up, his voice manifesting from the air in an odd way before the alfar suddenly came into view.

   "Do not be hard on yourself, Lady Asaria. You truly are a worthy guardian of this forest, a noble spirit to aid us, and swift to arrive when this threat was exposed," the alfar-druid said in a soothing voice, hoping to comfort the vily. "These witches, for that is what they are, managed to gain a foothold here through magic and covered their hideout with an illusion. But how they got here and their purpose remains a mystery, though we hope to discover this and will pass on what we can. And if a blight truly exists here, let us know so that we can deal with it if we can in the time we have. Or else I might return to aid you in future.

   Now, you mentioned you sensed a portal, might I ask where?"

   When the vily moved on to gather her allies the alfar turned to the task at hand, knowing that time was short. He watched as Z'leyra moved into action, her skill as a healer desperately needed now.

   "After we've thoroughly investigated, I'll see what I can do to add to Z'leyra's efforts with my magic," Arawn informed the wounded.

   Though not as skilled a smuggler as Raban was, Arawn had the training and relied upon it to help him search the hidden base for any secret rooms or concealed items. If anything was valuable, whether in the form of information or treasure, he hoped that his training along with his magical topaz would be sufficient.

   He lingered over the destroyed section of the bunker, his eyes going over the area and items blasted by the Destruction spell. When Unali delivered news of the map and journal he took a quick trip back up, assisting her with the last witch as needed.

   He looked over the bit of map, wondering if he could restore it while reflecting on all the other lost writing the party had encountered in their adventures, and then looked over the journal in hopes of understanding it.

   "It's risky but we could attempt to connect with the Akashic Record, looking back in time to the time before the desk and other items were destroyed," he suggested to the party.

OOC:   Arawn will search the bunker and items with Mana Sense in addition to using his Smuggler skill and Topaz.