[pnpgm] Game Update #155 - File #1150 - Runners run closer

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 08:22:53 CET 2020



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Bes (2).........Warrior.npc................Mo..Bes..............

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #155 sequence (file #1150)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 If Z'leyra sees the two figures 
running towards them she will inform the party 
"Who are those two running towards us?" while 
readying her shield and sword and placing herself 
between the party and those approaching.
            GM: Ack.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea listens to the music and 
wonders how they can all be so 

            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 If Raddok is facing east & sees 
the runners, he will hiss loudly to his 
companions telling stories & stand, preparing a 
defensive stand, shield & mace ready. [OOC: I 
realize that human vision is limited in this 
constant twilight, so not sure he can see very 
clearly yet. Are the runners making any noise, 
like brushing shrubbery, stepping on twigs, etc, 
gasping, whining – any sounds? Are they weaaring 
anything that might reflect light at the party?]
            GM: Ack. See below.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time:  4:04:00 pm]
         [Turn 1: Phase 0]

            Opus yells, “Ambush ahhhhhh.”

            Kimis stops her music playing and glances behind her to see Opus.

            It takes a few seconds for 
translations and the party reacts quickly by standing and grabbing weapons.

            Unali hears the translation and 
glances around the perimeter but sees no other 
beings.  Just the two rushing their way.

            In the span of time to translation 
the creatures move extremely fast going from 250 
feet to 190 feet a jump of 60 feet.

         [Time:  4:04:03 pm]
         [Turn 1: Phase 1]

            Opus pulls a arrow and cocks his bow 
as he speaks.  He aims and fires but is at long 
range.  The arrow goes flying and past the creatures.

            Some distance ahead to the north 
Fremea cocks her head as she flies.

            Fremea listens to the music and 
wonders how they can all be so merry, or at least 
a few of them. This situation is not ok to 
celebrate. She shakes her head at this and then 
figures she will check in on them and see if they 
are stopping. It would be nice to take a quick 
break anyway. It is weird in this place and it 
would be good to let her eyes rest a minute. She 
is too used to real light, even if it doesn't feel good.

            Fremea dives back around and 
south.  Suddenly the music stops and a couple 
shouts are heard?  A bit deeper voice than 
Dorhak.  She flies faster to find the party.

            The creatures run another 60 feet not 
even worried about the arrow shot by Opus.  Now at 130 feet away.

            Unali spots the two beings run and 
are not deterred by Opus actions so they must be 
either stupid or dangerous.  She draws her 
daggers to a good position in her hands and moves 
east now about 20 feet past Opus.

            Arawn stands and sees the creatures. 
He wonders why Opus is firing first before 
discovering their intent?  But maybe they are the 
allies of the witches?  He places the items found 
in his bags for safety and in case they need to leave.

            Tsia stands and grabs her daggers. 
She stares at the distant creatures and wonders what they are?

            Kiet stands and grabs his shield.  He 
is wondering why 2 lone beings would attack such a large party?

            Pyan sees Opus fire his bow and moves 
to help the Red man by grabbing his own bow ready to fire.

            Z'leyra stands and sees the two 
figures running towards them she will inform the 
party "Who are those two running towards us?" 
while readying her shield and sword and placing 
herself between the party and those approaching.

            Raddok stands on hearing the scream 
and faces east as Opus does.  Raddok
hisses loudly to his companions telling stories & 
stand, preparing a defensive stand, shield & mace ready.

            Raddok can't tell much details on the 
creatures but they seem to be grunting or 
snarling.  But even at this distance Raddok and 
the party can tell one thing.  These are like the 
Diumagi with red eyes.  But are not red themselves.

            The King stands and grabs his 
spear.  He squints at the creatures and wrinkles his nose.

            Kimis puts down her instrument ending 
the melody and stands grabbing her battle axe.  She moves to be besides Opus.

            The Bes stands and moves to guard the King.

            Dorhak stands upset that his story 
with Barbosa was interrupted.  What now? The red 
man see a deer?  So skittish.  Then he sees the 
two creatures.  He sighs if only they left 5 min 
earlier this would be no issue.

            Barbosa hears Z'leyra question and 
shakes his head as he grabs his mace and shield.

         [Time:  4:04:06 pm]
         [Turn 1: Phase 2]

            Opus fires again but misses.

            Pyan fires his arrow but also misses.

            The creatures move another 60 feet closer.

            Unali decides these things mean 
business so runs eastward another 30 feet.

            Arawn holds his shield and studies 
the creatures.  Clearly they are agitated.  About 
something.  He doesn't recognize the creatures 
currently.  Many creatures have red eyes even 
Opus. Doesn't make them evil. Why would they 
attack such a large group?He glances around but 
sees no others.  Then it comes to him. The 
music.  Some animals are docile with music but maybe others get agitated by it?

            Tsia, Kiet and Z'leyra wait for orders or them to get closer.

            Kimis grunts and sees Unali run off 
alone. Either she is stupid or brave. Kimis 
grunts at Opus, “stand firm.” Then she charges after Unali to help her.

            Raddok, Bes and Dwarves all wait.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update....Saturday if not Mon/Tue

         GM: A short update.  Not much one can do 
as they charge aside from missile fire.  In 2 
phases they will be in melee range.  I want to 
wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! 2020 has been 
a rough year.  I hope you are safe even if have 
to zoom family around the table.  Hopefully this 
will all end in a few months.  To Wout well guess 
just a happy Thursday. :) Since folks may be out 
of town this weekend I don't expect actions much 
due to that.  So will do update Sat if enough 
posts if not then next week.  December is my last 
vacation time (really first 2 weeks) after that 
4-5 days then 5 days once again.  So will be more busy per se.

                    Opus/Pyan – Will have 1 more 
1 round of fire probably before melee.

                    Fremea – Should see party at 
start of phase 4 so will take time to get back.

            Unali – assume continue to engage 
unless want to wait for them to arrive closer.

            May have underestimated above.  Melee 
may be reached in 1 phase not 2 unless they stop 
to engage Unali.  Will not mark trees on map 
since easy to avoid as a obstacle.

         GM: Groups- [here to remind me of walking groups]

                 1st Triad – Dorhak, Barbosa, Raddok
                 2nd Triad – Z'leyra, Tsia, Unali, King, Arawn.
               3rd Triad – Pyan, Opus, Kimis, Kiet.

         GM: Map

             /^\ = North 1 hex = 10 feet.  1 Row = 5 feet, 1 Column = 5 feet.


           1         2
01234567890123456789012345678
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  B
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ C
\D_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  D
/ R\__P  \__/k \__/U \__/  \_ E
\_BA K\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F
/  Z__O  \__/  \__/  \_1/  \_ G
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ 2\__/  H
/T \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ I
\SG/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  J
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ K
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  L
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ M

Creatures -
   1 - #1 – [G23] Moving west
   2 - #2 – [H23[ Moving West

Players -
   A – Arawn  – [F 3]       D – Dorhak - [D 1]
   F – Fremea - [???] - North 140-150 feet away above trees
   K – Kiet   - [F 5]       P – Pyan   - [E 6]
   R – Raddok - [E 2]       T – Tsia   - [I 1]
   U – Unali  – [E19]       O – Opus   - [G 6]
   k – Kimis  – [E13]       Z – Z'leyra- [G13]
   B – Barbosa- [F 2]       S – King   - [J 2]
   G – Bes #1 – [J 3]







-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20201125/a57c20cc/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list