[pnpgm] Game Update #153 - File #1143 - Pyan finds stuff

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 02:35:14 CET 2020



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Bes (2).........Warrior.npc................Mo..Bes..............

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #153 sequence (file #1143)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 "Grab the climbing gear!  We'll need it with our magic 

            GM: Ack.

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 Did Fremea just refer to the group as "Family"?
            GM: Ack. Yep even she can get soft. :)

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea did refer to some of the 
group as family. She may have not been clear about who it is to her though.
            GM: Ack. Most parties that travel and 
fight together tend to be family. :)

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok explains to Arawn & the 
others what his amulet appears to 

            GM: Ack. The desk is basically dust 
and bits of wood.  So its like sifting through 
that no need to break anything.  But nothing is 
found as anything that would've been in it is 
gone – destroyed by Destruction spell.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 Dorhak after hears the 
suggestions to hang around longer and ask 

            GM: Ack.

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 (I can't remember the layout so 
switch back to side or what ever) Pyan comes back 
from his little excursion and waits four Dorhak to be free then 

            GM: Ack. Slightly edited version below.

            From Opus: [Re: Actions]
                 Opus checks to make sure all his gear is ready and secure 

            GM: Ack.


         --------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time:  2:43 pm]

            Upon hearing report from those inside 
Kiet speaks up, "Grab the climbing gear!  We'll 
need it with our magic depleted."

            "How many of you have done any serious climbing?"

            Barbosa shrugs, “climbing in a cave 
is different from a cliff.  Most dwarves can do 
the cave stuff.  But the open sky stuff is a bit more tricky.”

            Kimis hears translation, “in this 
land climbing is normal but I am no expert.”

            The King checks his healed wounds, “I'm with Barbosa.”

            Raddok explains to Arawn & the others 
what his amulet appears to be indicating about 
the presence of brass – the desk and the unknown 
space above them, apparently not part of the 
silo. “I recommend we keep an eye out in the 
general direction for whatever triggered the 
amulet, since it may be a lock to match the key. 
Could we check out the desk? – the brass seems 
melted, but drawers & such....” he indicates with 
a curious shrug a search of the two areas, as 
they prepare to leave. If there's an indication 
of interest from the others, he will use his mace 
to break open the desk, if feasible, to enable a 
careful search. He gives a polite bow to the 
vily. “I don't want to hold up your plans, but 
I'd like to know we found every clue we can.” He looks to Arawn to translate.

            Dorhak after he hears the suggestions 
to hang around longer and ask the Vily for more time, he cringes.

            "we need to be ready to leave as 
agreed.  It won’t go well for us to test her!  Be ready to move out."

            As some see the smirking Pyan he gets 
close to Dorhak to explain what he found while 
the others did their investigations.  Course if 
no one saw him leave he wonders if his back is being watched!

            Pyan comes back from his little 
excursion and waits for Dorhak to be free then 
tells him he found a pit where food scraps have been buried and latrine.

            Also tracks he found. pointing out 
the one set of tracks that seem heavy more worn 
in than others.  From the silo NW and NW of the stairs down it leads to a tree.

            He speaks of the broken bushes and 
limbs and the tree with subtle signs of climbing.

            He mentions  the faint signs of holes 
that may have been where stakes where.

            Pyan offers his opinions that it was 
used to hung food out of reach of animals

            Opus checks to make sure all his gear 
is ready and secure and says, “Let's go.”

            Asaria listens on top of the silo to 
the group.  Occasionally she cocks her head as if 
hearing bird calls or something her allies are 
telling her.  She watches as Pyan gives his report.

            Pyan leads Dorhak and those, who wish 
to, to the north side of the base. He points east 
and slightly NE explaining the pits and latrine 
were found there some 90 or 100 feet away.  Those 
who look at the forest see no signs that Pyan 
does so his eyes of tracking is very 
good.  Ironic that he found the items and the “smart” wizards are clueless.

            Pyan shows the tree in question.  It 
is about 90 feet high or so.  Lowest branch is 
about 8 feet up so probably used for food if Pyan 
is correct.  But there is no sign of rope.  In 
fact not much of any food was found.  Maybe it 
was in or around the desk and now destroyed?

            Pyan shows the holes in the tree 
where stakes were used for a climb higher.  Most 
true climbers do not bother with stakes so this 
guy must've been low skilled.  Pyan shows the 
broken limbs and the faint tracks.  No one 
walking by would've noticed the tracks without 
serious concentration but a Hunter like Pyan 
would.  The stakes go up maybe 25 or so feet?

            Folks try to peer up to see anything 
else but it becomes clear now.  The rough damage 
to his boots, climbing gear and journal full of 
birds.  Clearly he liked to climb but some 
suspect not for bird watching.  The silo can be 
for that. So why climb this tree?

            Barbosa asks if other trees are 
treated the same?  Pyan shakes his head not 
seeing recent tracks at all around them.

            The King points to the top hole and a 
limb next to it that could probably hold 2 
men.  “I suspect further investigation is in order.  Any climbers?”

            If only Fremea hadn't left so 
soon.  The Vily places hands on hips hearing this 
and knows this will mean more delays.  “Shiny 
one!”  She lands next to Kikiet and walks near 
him.  Then with abnormal strength she grabs Kiet 
and flies upwards with him.  Kiet flew once with 
Raban but this is more awkward!  The armor seems 
to giggle at him?  She lands on the limb the King pointed out.

            Kiet tries to gain his balance as the 
Vily holds his belt and why is her other hand on 
his butt?  “There.”  She nods to the tree at a 
darker area.  The dark bark is obscuring the moss 
hanging there.  Kiet stares but only seers the 
Moss.  “A depression or hole in the tree. Reach inside!”

            Kiet hesitates the hole could not be 
seen from below but reach inside? Blind?  Maybe 
Pyan can do it?  But he gets impression if he 
doesn't she might leave him or he might be 
tempted to see if he can fly naturally before impact.

            Kiet with gloves hand brushes the 
moss away as she holds on to him.  Maybe he can 
fire a ring inside to show some fire light?  Nah 
trees and fire don't mix. HE reaches in with a 
dagger and clinks something.  But nothing seems 
to jump out and eat his face.  A good sign.  He 
reaches in and finds a small bag a large pouch. 
That reminds him no one looked in the small bag found in the chest by Unali.

            He reaches back in and finds a 
box.  Pulling it out it is a brass 
container.  That must be what Raddok 
detected.  He reaches in but finds nothing but a 
small cavity about 1.5 foot by 18 inches or so.

            The Vily lifts Kiet off and lands him 
back on the ground before moving back to silo top.  “Now will you leave?”

            Arawn finds no magic on the bag or 
container.  The pouch is a large pouch style and 
the Brass box is about 10 by 8 inches.

            Dorhak decides maybe its time to move 
on.  He can feel eyes on him from the forest that 
must be her allies.  What allies he has no idea 
but they want this place back to a state of forest not stone and wood.

            As the party march north some feel 
sad for the lost like Mournath and the 
carnage.  Why was Fremea known? Did the party 
bring these witches here?  They were not here for 
the party but for this base.  Either to stop or to destroy.  But by who?

            Kiet glances back at the Vily.  She 
yells, “No looking back especially you shiny 
one!  Try NOT to get in trouble in my forest again!”

            Kiet glances back and at the 
container sees a small lock for a small key.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update....Thursday or Saturday?

         GM:A short update.  Clearly folks 
weren't getting the clues so lucky that Pyan 
saved the day.  :) Dorhak since all healed if 
want a new group marching order let me 
know.  Will do next update either Thursday or if too busy Saturday.


         GM: Groups- [here to remind me of walking groups]

                 1st Triad – Dorhak, Barbosa, Raddok
                 2nd Triad – Z'leyra, Tsia, Unali, King, Arawn.
            3rd Triad – Pyan, Opus, Kimis, Kiet.





-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20201109/cb5fb84e/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list