[pnpgm] Game Update #152 - File #1135 - Healing and Investigations

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Nov 6 05:20:26 CET 2020



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Bes (2).........Warrior.npc................Mo..Bes..............

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #152 sequence (file #1135)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: Mournath removed off Roster. :<
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 If nobody else wants Mournath's 
spear, Kiet is at least trained and can use it.
            GM: Ack.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra is fine with Kiet 
getting the spear. She does ask if he can give 
her lessons on effective use of spears sometime.
            GM: Ack.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea is very glad to see Unali 
come through the tunnel and 

            GM: Ack.

            From John: [Re: Delay]
                 I've been out of town and will 
return tomorrow. Forgot charger to laptop so 
unable to write a proper post until tomorrow or Monday.
            GM: Ack. Thanks for note.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 When Fremea shared her news regarding the strange man Arawn 


                 "I have to be frugal with my magic right now," Arawn said, 

            GM: Ack.  Technically I did not see 
where Fremea gave details.  But we can assume she did. ;)

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 Before Fremea left to scout the area in the direction of the 


                 "We're looking for a place, a 
rock connected to eagles, likely 

            GM: Ack.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 Mournath's spear and other gear:
                 I'm good with Kiet taking the 
spear and Raddok grabbing a token to remember the sailor:)
When Raddok drew his attention to the magical amulet Arawn gave 


                 [OOC: You described the journal 
as looking almost like it was coded or had 
uncoded itself. If he truly feels it might be 
coded and his investigation doesn't offer 
anything valuable, he'll cast Decode at EL 0 just in case it uncovers a code]

                 Underground:
                 Before heading down below to 
investigate the hidden lair Arawn made sure to 
collect the tourmaline back from Z'leyra, 
securing it away from the others so as to not blind anyone.

                 Healing:
                 OOC: Arawn has a Talisman of 
Summoning. He'd like to summon an alfar if 
possible and ask his brethren if they can heal 
the wounded of the party with Healing Mist, 
explaining the recent magical drain the part has experienced.
If this doesn't work, he'll offer to cast Healing 
Mist on the wounded. He'll definitely do so for 
King Strata and Pyan, while offering it to Dorhak 
and Pyan if they want it now or save it for later.
            GM: Ack.  There is a faint hue of 
magic but it does seem like it uncoded on its 
own.  Probably by your touch and not Unali's.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 She nods at what he proposes for 
hopefully figuring out who it ...
            GM: Ack.

_          From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok willingly joins Arawn as he explores the lair, using 


                 If Barbosa and/or Dorhak are 
present, he will consult with them as a matter of 
course for anything that he or anyone else notices.
            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time:  2:30:27 pm]

            Arawn tended to the wounded and then 
studied the key, sensing for any magic around it. 
He then glanced at the ashes of the dead male, 
kneeling down beside it to offer a rite to help put its spirit to rest.

            "If I didn't expect trouble ahead I'd 
be tempted to speak to his spirit in hopes of 
answers," he said after he was done. "But I'm 
guessing he was the keeper of the portal we seek, 
this being the key, and perhaps the reasons the witches killed him."

            Arawn examines the key found in the 
mystery man's boot.  There is no magic on it but 
it is a thin small key uses for cuffs or locks – 
probably small chests locks or a cabinet o fa desk.

            Arawn gives a prayer to the dead man 
and examines his clothing.  Lots of tiny cuts and 
tears like one might see moving through thorny 
bushes.  His leather belt has hooks for tools or items to carry.

         [Time:  2:35 pm]

            Fremea is very glad to see Unali come 
through the tunnel and not another damn enemy. 
She was handling these three on her own just 
fine, but it was tiring fighting all of them at once.

            She is glad to have one alive for 
questioning, though she is not going to do it, 
since she has no mana and no idea what they 
speak. Since Unali is here, that means the others 
should be also. After her search of the place, 
she really needs to learn how to spot hidden 
places better, like Raban, she looks to Unali and 
it seems she has the rest handled, including 
dragging the captured one up. She makes her way 
up the tunnel to the forest again.

            She is stunned to see the Vily. She 
has never seen one before, even she was told 
about them and they should be avoided at all 
costs. Fremea will keep her eye on the Vily, just 
to make sure nothing is to happen to her. Once 
she is up top, it seems there was a lot of 
fighting up here also. Maybe she should have used 
the device, well it doesn't matter now. She then 
finds out about Mournath and that he is a pile of 
dust. She didn't know him much, but it is a pity, 
as he turned out to be ok, for a human. She is 
really glad to have taken out that caster first.

            When Fremea shared her news regarding 
the strange man Arawn listened intently, his face 
contorted with thought.  He tried to piece the 
information together, unsure if he could identify the man.

            "I have to be frugal with my magic 
right now," Arawn said, looking to Z'leyra and 
Fremea. "But when we have a chance to rest, I 
have a spell that I can use to look into your 
memory. With it I can view your encounter with 
the man and time underground, usually in greater 
detail than what the viewer would have 
noticed.  We can do so after we've reached 
safety. Just let me know if you're comfortable with that," he offered Fremea.

            Before Fremea left to scout the area 
in the direction of the portal Arawn made sure to 
catch her up on the information shared by the 
Vily, including an evil in the direction of the cave.

            "We're looking for a place, a rock 
connected to eagles, likely a mountain I imagine. 
I'm not sure if that means eagles nest there or 
if it looks like an eagle but the portal-cave is there."

            Fremea nods at what he proposes for 
hopefully figuring out who it was before he 
became ashes. "We shall explore what I might not be able to see myself later."

            Just before flying off.

            Fremea, still very upset, stops and 
looks at Arawn, hoping he isn't going to also 
scold her. Much to her surprise he doesn't say a word about it.

            "I shall be more watchful for that possibility. Thank you."
She will pull out her telescope as she fly's up 
to start seeing more towards the direction she has been pointed out to.

            The king leans on his spear next to 
Dorhak.  “You should be mindful of those you 
command.  Loyalty is earned not a right.  The Fae 
are over zealous and tend to act before they 
think.  It reminds me of another race we 
know.”  He smiles and glances at Barbosa and back at the dwarf.

            When Raddok drew his attention to the 
magical amulet Arawn gave a nod. "I'm not sure if 
it's ability to detect brass will come in handy 
but you never know. Go for it," he said, encouraging the man.

            Arawn realized that looking over the 
journal was going to take some time but decided 
that looking at the last entry and going 
backwards might offer better insight into things. 
He knew that time was limited and so speed read 
for only a few minutes, looking for any clues or names that might stand out.

            Arawn then turned to Raddok, Barbosa, 
and Dorhak. "If either of you are free to join me 
your skill as miners might provide some insight," he asked of the trio.

            Arawn takes out the Toadstone as he 
investigates, hoping it will alert him to any 
poisoned traps he might stumble on. His enhanced 
topaz was also active, the alfar hoping his 
training as a smuggler along with the magical 
stone will help him discover anything of importance.

            He walked the entire lair, using his 
skills as a Smuggler and Architect to search for 
hidden chambers or unusual construction. He also 
checked out the chest, searching it for a false 
bottom or secret compartment before moving to the 
makeshift nightstand to do the same.

            He paused at the section of collapsed 
wall, wondering if a room or tunnel had been 
hastily closed off to hide something. If either 
Raddok, Dorhak, or Barbosa are with him he'll 
seek their thoughts on whether they think there 
might be a hidden room or tunnel on the other sight.

            Raddok willingly joins Arawn as he 
explores the lair, using his miner's skills to 
seek out traps, hidden doors & possible sites for 
a small key in the walls/stones. He will attempt 
to use the amulet of finding brass, standing at 
the point Arawn recommends as best. He will 
concentrate, clearing his mind of distractions, 
reciting the keyword to activate the amulet, & 
look for any kind of response, knowing he has 
only one chance with the amulet per day & that is 
not a great one. He will heed any warning given 
to him, but closely check for structural 
integrity of his surroundings, an automatic 
action for almost any miner, and for possible 
anomalies in the walls, doors, floor & ceilings overhead.

         [Time:  2:40 pm]

            Minutes earlier Arawn glanced at the 
journal found by Unali.  Since this guy seems to 
have been here a short time – maybe a couple 
weeks? It seems he hasn't wrote that much.  To 
him it was short term but to those he may have 
left behind in Middle World – if from there – it 
was at least 3.5 years.  But this journal doesn't 
show the years just the weeks.  So something is 
missing and Arawn feels it. The entries  - last 2 
– speak of birds and what he has seen.  Still 
reports the hills to the south show no 
activity.  Does that mean he was expecting their 
arrival?  The journal has a lot of doodles of 
birds and trees.  This guy had a thing for them it seems.

            As Raddok climbs the stairs down 
below he activates his amulet.  Barbosa comes and 
looks around the base.  Arawn uses his topaz to 
help in his search.  Both Raddok and Barbosa can 
tell this is no cave or tunnel.  Its a nicely 
built structure that shows no sign of age not 
even dust.  Arawn nods knowing that it was 
probably build only weeks ago.  Checking the 
bedroom nothing is found.  As Raddok ventures to 
the other room Raddok does sense something from 
the amulet but it is confusing.

            Barbosa comments on the destroyed 
area.  “A simple wall you can see behind it  is 
dirt and sand.  So doubt there was more behind 
this wall.  But if they wanted this thing 
destroyed they felt it might've had important stuff on it.”

            Raddok turns round and round and 
learns how to gauge the spell of the amulet.  It 
does sense brass in two areas.  The desk but it 
seems to be melted what might've been drawer 
handles or buttons.  But there is a definite 
sense to Raddok of it being high. He glances at 
the ceiling of stone.  But sees nothing not even 
a single crack.  It seems to say its high up in 
the air.  Which means its outside this place or 
in the silo.  To test this he moves away from the 
silo but it still feels above not but above and 
to the side.  So its not the silo?

            Arawn notices that that the candle 
holder on the south wall opposite the destroyed 
desk show signs of heavy use – smudges.  The 
candle is barely but 20% used so it can't be use 
of the candle.  Its screwed into the wall.  But 
it seems odd that its used a lot for a static 
item that isn't carried.  He places hands around 
and on the stone around the screw.  It shifts the 
holder slightly and Arawn grins as he sees the 
candle bounce but not the holder.  He lifts the 
candle out and discovers a small spring.  He 
pushes down with 3 fingers and releases 
it.  Nothing. He holds the spring down for 3...4...5..click.

            Below the holder about 3 inches a 
square of stone puts out.  He hands candle to 
Barbosa to hold for now.  Inspects the stone 
piece the size of 4x4 inches that is now jutted 
out about 2 inches.  At the bottom of the jutted 
piece a small half inch attachment with a 
lever.  He lowers the piece to make it flat with 
back to ceiling and looks inside.

            A small alcove about 6x6 
inches.  Using candle they peer inside to find 2 
springs at top that popped the square out.  But 
inside is a single item.  Arawn can sense it has 
magical power.  But it seems foreign.  The aura 
shows a subtle blue but not a dangerous aura that 
shows a trap.  He reaches in and puts item in his 
palm.  It is the size of a ink well.  In fact it 
looks like a ink well but a tan color with a flat 
top and no ink.  Arawn can not tell at this point 
what its purpose is.  It is same shape and 
dimensions of a ink well but no open top with ink there.

            Arawn closes the plate and puts 
candle back in.  He stares at the silo bottom but 
Fremea warned of the ward there.  Getting too 
close could be bad so he moves back out.

            Before the trio go up Barbosa stops 
them.  “Look there.  There is a lot of mud and 
dirt against that wall.  But in the hall here to 
both rooms its spread out equally. But not there.”

            Barbosa traces the wall and taps it 
with hilt of his mace.  Suddenly the sound stops 
from the thump to a slight echo.  He looks up at 
the hallway candle holder and checks for a 
spring.  But finds nothing.  He drops his mace 
and reaches out to try to twist the holder.  As 
the heavy mace hits the ground a click is heard. 
The trio stop and hold breath.  Arawn approaches 
and finds the ground stone seems to shift under 
the mace a weight trigger?  At the place the 
heavy dry mud was.  He places his foot on it and 
his full body weight.  Now his foot is right up 
against the wall. A position not found if just 
walked by and not tried every stone.

            A click is heard and a large plate 2 
feet away pops out.  This time its 4x4 
feet.  Lowering the plate they look inside to see 
a cubby hole.  But its not treasure. Its food, 
water, a set of boots, rope, 2 grappling hooks, 
spikes and a spyglass.  But nothing is magical.

            The trio leaves to go back outside as 
its near time of Vily's return.  Arawn tells the 
wounded to approach.  He moves to the wounded 
witch and checks her.  But he frowns.  She was 
patched up to stop the bleeding.  But now she is 
dead.  Too much blood loss but there is sign of a 
new wound on her side that looks like a wound made by a triangle.

            Kimis growls, 'that one! I saw it 
move away as everyone looked at key.  He was near 
her and moved away.” All look to where she points at the Bes guard.

            The King frowns and stands tall, “you did this?”

            “Yes.  They killed two of us here my 
friend there and the one we found back earlier 
just before got here.  I could not stand to see one live.”

            “This is not our way! I am 
disappointed in you.”  He turns to Arawn. “But I can see why.”

            Arawn activates his summoning 
talisman and wait. He asks for a Alfar to 
help.  Suddenly Arawn feels tingly. Then 
nothing.  More nothing.  Did he just summon 
himself an alfar to appear? He did ask for 
another Alfar not him.  But guess the talisman 
found nearest alfar – him. Then again maybe it 
worked but the barrier from here to the upper 
world is too much the spell failed or could not 
reach there?He sighs and figures he'll have to do it himself.

            Barbosa notices Pyan is missing.  He 
tells Dorhak and Dorhak yells for the 
hunter.  Pyan appears from bushes to the north 
west of the stairs.  Based on how its laid out 
underground he was NW of the structure.  The 
hunter is smirking a bit. Dorhak orders him to come for healing.

            The mist falls on the wounded and it 
takes about 40 seconds to heal the worst – 
Pyan.  When the mist ends all are fully 
healed.  Arawn wakes up just as the Vily returns 
to land on top of the silo.  The ward doesn't 
seem to affect her so must be for those who enter the silo only?

            “I have returned to destroy this 
blight on my forest.  My allies are nearby and 
will help.  I suggest you all move on.”  The Vily 
lands on the ground and inspects the dead from afar.

            Dorhak waves the party to group up and prepare to leave.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update....Mon/Tue?

         GM: I almost had this out yesterday as 
the new posts came in.  But the distraction of 
current events delayed it.  I may have messed up 
the word image of the base.  So will 
clarify.  Top of screen is north.  The base 
itself lies on a diagonal from 7 to 1 on a 
clock.  The Silo is at 7 in SW.  The sleeping 
area is 1 or NW.  The fight and party was at 5/6 
o clock with south/SE.  Hope this clarifies 
it.  That it matters now . ;) I will assume all 
stuff is done here and will move on unless last sec plans are done.

         GM: Groups- [here to remind me of walking groups]

                 1st Triad – Dorhak, Barbosa, Raddok
                 2nd Triad – Z'leyra, Tsia, Unali, King, Arawn.
            3rd Triad – Pyan, Opus, Kimis, Kiet.





-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20201105/4a440d74/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list