[pnpgm] Game Update #151 - File #1125 - Combat Aftermath

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Nov 3 20:48:55 CET 2020


   When Fremea shared her news regarding the strange man Arawn listened intently, his face contorted with thought.  He tried to piece the information together, unsure if he could identify the man.

   "I have to be frugal with my magic right now," Arawn said, looking to  Z'leyra and Fremea. "But when we have a chance to rest, I have a spell that I can use to look into your memory. With it I can view your encounter with the man and time underground, usually in greater detail than what the viewer would have noticed.
   We can do so after we've reached safety. Just let me know if you're comfortable with that," he offered Fremea.

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of Tobie Bonahoom <bonahoom at hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:02 PM
To: pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>; pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: Re: [pnpgm] Game Update #151 - File #1125 - Combat Aftermath

Fremea is very glad to see Unali come through the tunnel and not another damn enemy. She was handling these three on her own just fine, but it was tiring fighting all of them at once.

She is glad to have one alive for questioning, though she is not going to do it, since she has no mana and no idea what they speak. Since Unali is here, that means the others should be also. After her search of the place, she really needs to learn how to spot hidden places better, like Raban, she looks to Unali and it seems she has the rest handled, including dragging the captured one up. She makes her way up the tunnel to the forest again.

She is stunned to see the Vily. She has never seen one before, even she was told about them and they should be avoided at all costs. Fremea will keep her eye on the Vily, just to make sure nothing is to happen to her. Once she is up top, it seems there was a lot of fighting up here also. Maybe she should have used the device, well it doesn't matter now. She then finds out about Mournath and that he is a pile of dust. She didn't know him much, but it is a pity, as he turned out to be ok, for a human. She is really glad to have taken out that caster first.


< Dorhak calls to Fremea before she takes off again and pulls
her aside.  In a lowered voice, he tells her "Don't think that
I have missed that you disobeyed a direct order, about not engaging an
enemy."  His voice doesn't change as he continues.
"You specifically chose to enter the structure and risking being
killed before anybody knew there was an enemy here.  You risked the
lives of everyone here, as well as one that is no longer here.  You
rolled the dice and he paid the price."


   He sighs and continues "Fremea, you endanger everyone
here.  You have known them longer than have I, yet you treat them as
expendable.  Worse, you treat yourself as expendable.  This
makes you almost more of a danger than Kotothi, because we count on
you.  If you were to be killed while you are freewheeling it, there
would be no way for us to know.  There would be no one to mourn you
either."


   "Think about that the next time you decide you know
best.  Oh, and think about Mournath too.  His fate is partially
the result of that decision."


   "Now, get back to work scouting and get out of my
sight.">


She waits patiently for this little man to finish his little speech to her, as if he is her master. Coming out not so calm as she attempts, "DO NOT think you command me little man. Though you are the leader of our little group right now, that does not give you any right to tell me how to scout or that by my actions I am the cause of this tragedy. Maybe you think me entering the structure was "against" your orders, but you have no idea if by entering the structure I prevented something else, or that I could not have gotten some intel. I ran into magic, which if I had any of my mana, maybe I could have avoided it altogether, but instead we came here before getting any back."
She speaks louder for anyone near to hear, "By not having mana I could not do many of my normal tricks and whoever the guy was, which is probably that other pile of ash, he knew of our little group, at least the longer running members, because he was glad that it was not Thig that came down the chute and he knew my name. Maybe something would be different if I ran back to you without much of anything except something invisible, but I really doubt it. The man was talking outside and then I heard female voices, something happened and I had to fight for my life, which based on things we all did."

She starts to walk away from Dorhak, "If you truly believe I am worse than Kotothi, then I shall no longer talk to you or help YOU. I shall do what I always do for family and they will be notified of what seems to be important when I know what it is."

She will tell Arwan and Z about the voice, smell or anything she can remember about the man before he was destroyed. Hopefully they will have an idea. She then takes off into the air again and circles the area to make sure there is nothing else waiting for them. She will slowly head in the direction of the "portal" that was sensed.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 12:35 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #151 - File #1125 - Combat Aftermath




   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian
Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Bes (2).........Warrior.npc................Mo..Bes..............

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net


        Game
Update #151 sequence (file #1125)

----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin
Notes: Mournath removed off Roster. :<

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]


   From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]

        Z'leyra upon
learning of the death of Mournath says a short prayer …

   GM: Ack.


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        Seeing
the  vily  leave,  Raddok  calls  to
Z'leyra   “We  …

   GM: Ack.


   From Unali: [Re: Actions]

        Unali will bring
the journal and the scrap of paper/map topside. …


        Is she
unconscious from a hard hit to the head or so close to dead that she is
not moving any more.

   GM: Ack.


   From Arawn: [Re: actions]

        OOC:

        Regarding Mana
Powers - Mana Sending (Charging) option, if Arawn can successfully cast
this on one of the PC spellcasters, they can convert the energy into
Mana. This should then allow them to access mana from the Mana
Batteries/Mana Storage devices, correct?


        Also, Arawn will
attempt to reclaim the arrow he shot at the witch if it's still useable.
BTW, could you put the MEP/CEP Arawn got for shooting the witch with the
Elf-Shot arrow?


        IC:


         When Asaria
arrived Arawn had kept silent, listening to the …


        OOC:
Arawn will search the bunker and items with Mana Sense in addition to
using his Smuggler skill and Topaz.

   GM: Ack. Good idea on spell but the Affinity parts.  I
may stretch it for Fremea since sidh and some slight affinity.  But
beside companions its hard to grasp Affinity for the party? Unless a
argument can be given? As to XEP for the arrows it was part of the core
cep.   You would not earn mep for a magical arrow.  Once
sent out the elf shots are lost spell used so now just normal arrows.


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        As he grieves
over Mournath, Raddok drops to his knees briefly …

   GM: Ack.


   From Opus: [Re: Actions[

        Opus looks around
to see if he can help any one but before he does that he …


        If he does have
wounds he try to patch it up himself or ask the group for help.

        If no one needs
help or need it himself he goes looking for Kimis to see what she  is
doing. He tightens up his gear looks around for any thing he. might have
dropped from his personal gear and goes off after her.


       Ooc: Not sure
how exp and  gear are handled to the way things are done divide up?
Would there be anything I should ask for ? My character would want not
want to speak up and would let kimis push for spoils.

   GM: Ack. True sorry I forgot to explain that.  On my
game site at bottom is the Mana report says mana, health,
experience.  There it shows Mana, Health, Energy, Experience,
Skill increases and gear losses.  Consult that to see what
experience you got.  If can't find it let me know.  Loot is
typically pooled and dived up.  But one is free to request any
items.  Typically gold is divided up and gear not selected is sold
and divided up profits.  Does this answer you? At very bottom shows
how much damage you took.


   From Kiet: [Re: Actions[

        When Kiet gets a
moment, he stops.  He breathes deeply, then exhales, and …

   GM: Ack.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [New
Stuff]

        [Ma
9th,
1636TH]


[Time:  2:27 pm]


   When Asaria arrived Arawn had kept silent, listening to the
conversation as he gathered up Mournath's remaining belongings, both
magical and mundane, with a saddened heart. As the wind began the process
of dispersing his ashes the druid gathered a bit up so that a portion of
Mournath could be returned to home or to the sea he loved. He very
quietly prayed over the man along with the dead bes, urging their souls
to move on in peace.


   Before Asaria left he spoke up, his voice manifesting from
the air in an odd way before the alfar suddenly came into view.


   "Do not be hard on yourself, Lady Asaria. You truly are
a worthy guardian of this forest, a noble spirit to aid us, and swift to
arrive when this threat was exposed," the alfar-druid said in a
soothing voice, hoping to comfort the vily. "These witches, for that
is what they are, managed to gain a foothold here through magic and
covered their hideout with an illusion. But how they got here and their
purpose remains a mystery, though we hope to discover this and will pass
on what we can. And if a blight truly exists here, let us know so that we
can deal with it if we can in the time we have. Or else I might return to
aid you in future.


   Now, you mentioned you sensed a portal, might I ask
where?"


   The Vily looks around to the hidden voice, “to have build
this place under my watch is a tragic attack on my record,  Only
great magic could have done this. As to the portal it was north west a
mile or so away.  Exact location is only an estimate as the forest
gave a vague sense of it.  It is gone now.”




[Time:  2:30:27 pm]


   Z'leyra upon learning of the death of Mournath says a short
prayer to the spirits. She ponders to herself if she hadn't failed the
spell that stripped her of her magic that maybe she could have kept him
alive.


   But now, we have to move swiftly. She will see to any wound
patching needed, help examine what is recovered and be ready to go.

_

   To the right is a chest.  To the left is a make shift
primitive night stand that is simply a square wooden slab poorly and
hastily made.  On it is the  candle stand with a dimly lit
candle.


   Seeing  the  vily  leave,  Raddok
calls  to  Z'leyra  “We  need  healing
here!  The  King  is  badly  wounded
&  his  guard  is  also  hurt.  I
only  know  basic  first  aid.”  After
Z'leyra,  or  someone  comes  to  help,
Raddok  will  go  examine  the  ash
piles,  especially  when  Z'leyra  tells
him  of  Mournath's  loss.  Raddok  stands
over  the  ash,  slowly  being  scattered
by  the  breeze,  seeing  only  the
navigator's  armor  &  gear  remaining
to  identify  a  friend  who  helped
teach  him  the  new  skill  of
sailing.  He  sadly  remembers  the  hours
they  worked  and  shared  tales
together,  and  the  occasional  joke.  He
quickly  brushes  a  tear  or  two
from  his  face,  and  turns  to  see
what  he  can  do  to  help  the
party  get  ready  to  leave,  if
that  is  what  they  are  doing.  He
will  ask  Dorhak  their  plans,  if
the  dwarf  does  not  tell  everybody
first.


   He  also  asks,  somewhat  shyly,
if  he  can  have  something  of
Mournath's  to  remember  him  by  –
it  doesn't  matter  what.  Raddok  is
about  Mournath's  height,  but  broader
in  build,  so  it  seems  unlikely
the  armor  would  fit,  although  the
boots  might.  But  he  feels  that,
as  he  has  received  a  couple  of
magical  gifts  already  on  this
journey,  he  will  not  ask  for
more,  and  will  accept  any  item
the  group,  or  Dorhak,  decides  he
may  have.  He  will  not  accept
the  spear,  since  he  lacks  that
skill,  unless  no  one  else  wants
it.  But  such  an  item  has  value
&  it  might  provide  funds  for
the  group,  if  needed.  He  shakes
off  his  maundering,  and  returns  to
whatever  duties  he's  assigned,  but
does  ask  about  burial  for  Mournath.


   He finds himself pleased to see that their new,
strange-looking companions seem to be fine. They must have fought well.
He had been unable to really see anything with that smoky cloud in the
way most of the time. He sends them a casual salute, although he cannot
as yet smile, as he returns to his duties after leaving Mournath's body,
such as it is.


   Part  of  his  getting  ready
to  leave  will  include  cleaning  of
his  weapons  &  armor,  as  much
as  he's  allowed  the  time.  He
feels  a  hole  at  his  side,
leaving  Mournath  behind.


   Unali will bring the journal and the scrap of paper/map
topside. She makes one more round ensuring herself that there are no
hidden spaces she has missed and then checks on the one witch that was
not dead yet.


   If she can be moved, she will pull her with her and bring
her topside.
"This one is still breathing. She may be able to tell what they were
doing here. If only someone spoke their gibberish."


   "This journal they kept down there. Anyone who can
decipher this? "


   As for Mournath, Unali supports his ashes being taken for
burial, and his possessions distributed over the group members. Unali has
no need for items, but she feels they can benefit the group and should
not be discarded.


   When the vily moved on to gather her allies the alfar turned
to the task at hand, knowing that time was short. He watched as Z'leyra
moved into action, her skill as a healer desperately needed now.


   "After we've thoroughly investigated, I'll see what I
can do to add to Z'leyra's efforts with my magic," Arawn informed
the wounded.


   Though not as skilled a smuggler as Raban was, Arawn had the
training and relied upon it to help him search the hidden base for any
secret rooms or concealed items. If anything was valuable, whether in the
form of information or treasure, he hoped that his training along with
his magical topaz would be sufficient.


   He lingered over the destroyed section of the bunker, his
eyes going over the area and items blasted by the Destruction spell. When
Unali delivered news of the map and journal he took a quick trip back up,
assisting her with the last witch as needed.


   Arawn looked over the bit of map, wondering if he could
restore it while reflecting on all the other lost writing the party had
encountered in their adventures, and then looked over the journal in
hopes of understanding it.


   "It's risky but we could attempt to connect with the
Akashic Record, looking back in time to the time before the desk and
other items were destroyed," he suggested to the party.


   As Raddok grieves over Mournath, Raddok drops to his knees
briefly in respect with the druid's prayers, although he doesn't
understand anything Arawn might say. As he kneels, he feels his amulet,
which he'd forgotten about, bounce against his tunic & skin, where it
was hidden under his clothes. He asks Arawn, “This amulet is able to
detect brass for a short distance, although it doesn't always work. Would
you like me to try it?” If Arawn agrees, Raddok will stand wherever the
druid recommends (near the '˜silo', the hole, underground – wherever)
& say the triggering word for the amulet's spell.


   Opus looks around to see if he can help any one but before
he does that he makes sure he not been hurt or has any damage on himself.
It is all a blur this combat with evil.  He mutters to himself ,
“The one thing I hate about the underworld is witches!”


   If he can get to Kimis he says to kimis,
“I  just checked to make sure I didn't drop anything.” Then he
laughs.


   Opus is ready to move on and continuing with this journey.
He awaits his next order by the group. Hopefully he can help the group
first mend and prep to keep going. Whiles being able



   Opus finds Kimis over the other mysterious pile of ashes
that everyone seems to be ignoring.    “This was a
person.  Must've been a bad death.  Maybe this is his or her
place? Looks male based on the clothing.  Look at those boots
though.  Look at all the other boots.”  She looks up at the
party.  Opus compares and squints in thought.  “These boots are
very worn out and show serious damage.  Either he walked miles or
climbed mountains or other things.  They aren't as pretty as the
others have.”


   When Kiet gets a moment, he stops.  He breathes deeply,
then exhales, and closes his eyes.  He says In The Elder
"Windwall! I thank thee for your help in that fight.  Is there
anything I can do for you to express my gratitude?"


   Several long moments pass then Kiet's armor speaks in his
mind. “Sweat less.  But nothing more. “  Though Kiet hears
noting the Acrobat can sense there is more.  He is slowly learning
the armor's personality.  But it may be thinking or sensing? But not
disclosing anything more.


   Arawn finishes scooping up as much possible since wind has
blown most away.  At least something of Mournath can be
buried.


   Unali does a final walk through and rechecks things.
When she moves the sandals she does notice the bottom seems specially
built with slight cleets for walking or climbing.  She goes to fetch
the one witch and take her topside.  She is bleeding still so seems
to be alive.


   Unali shows Arawn the journal book.  He skims it and
its actually small for a book for maybe 100 pages but there are only a
3rd filled in.  Initially it looked coded but in fact its not or
seems to have decoded itself.  But Arawn senses no magic from
it.  Arawn looks at the first entry dated Febris 8th 1631 TH.
Arawn does quick calculation 5 years ago?  He flips to the final
entry Apris 1st 1631? Does that mean whoever was here was here only 3 or
so weeks?  Of course 4 days here is about a year so that's
possible.  They figured to be here briefly or was he/she aware of
the time difference?


   Arawn scans the first page it seems to be just a daily
journal of being here.  Several of the pages there are sketches of
birds and trees.  Seems the person liked those things.


   Arawn goes down to look around just as Fremea exits and
warns him about the silo ward.  Dorhak sees Fremea and frowns.


   Dorhak calls to Fremea before she takes off again and pulls
her aside.  In a lowered voice, he tells her "Don't think that
I have missed that you disobeyed a direct order, about not engaging an
enemy."  His voice doesn't change as he continues.
"You specifically chose to enter the structure and risking being
killed before anybody knew there was an enemy here.  You risked the
lives of everyone here, as well as one that is no longer here.  You
rolled the dice and he paid the price."


   He sighs and continues "Fremea, you endanger everyone
here.  You have known them longer than have I, yet you treat them as
expendable.  Worse, you treat yourself as expendable.  This
makes you almost more of a danger than Kotothi, because we count on
you.  If you were to be killed while you are freewheeling it, there
would be no way for us to know.  There would be no one to mourn you
either."


   "Think about that the next time you decide you know
best.  Oh, and think about Mournath too.  His fate is partially
the result of that decision."


   "Now, get back to work scouting and get out of my
sight."


   Z'leyra tries to patch up folks with first aid but without
magic there is not much help at this point.


   Inside Arawn checks around in the small bedroom there is no
sign of magic.  In the main area the only magical sense is from the
silo as Fremea warned.  Arawn has no idea what the magic is yet
since Fremea hasn't explained it yet.  But he can sense some defense
magic.


   Barbosa looks at Kimis and stash of clothing near her.
“Who was that?” He asks in Dwarf.


   She replies in kind, “don't know.” She turns to Opus and
wonders if he could use the boots.  She picks one up and
shrugs.  “Too small for you.”  She tosses the boot to the
ground and a dink is heard.  She raises a eyebrow and dump the boot
upside down.  A small silver key on a very small thing string falls
out.  She picks up the key and figures its a door or box lock.
She figures it was on the person's ankle.


   All eyes are put on the key.  But Kimis just seems
unfazed.  When eyes return to their tasks the Bes guard moves away
from the body of witches and moves to support his king.


   Dorhak orders new groups.  This time not spread out in
a line but in a clump.  To protect the king Arawn, Unali, Tsia and
Z'leyra will surround him.  Course the guard will be besides the
King.  Opus, Pyan, Kimis and Kiet forms a second triad group.
Dorhak, Barbosa and Raddok a 3rd group.  Dorhak tells Fremea will
continue to scout but has been warned.


[Time:  2:35 pm]

        GM:
Actions? Comments?

        GM: This
was a rough update.  Took a couple weeks.  So I hope I covered
all tasks needed doing? There are open tasks.  Clues.  I still
need to know how long each tasks takes.  Searching, book reading,
patching among the many other tasks.  Let me know so I can figure
out time frames.  Once I know I'll do any final actions.  Then
move on if it is possible.  Since this is Tuesday Thursday is
pushing it so will try Saturday.  But I have a long work day that
day extra 2 hours.  So may be delayed till next week/Monday.
Let me know if anything I forgot to do.  Folks have a lot of
separate clues but you gotta share (role play) for others to know.

        GM:
Groups- [here to remind me of walking groups]


        1st Triad –
Dorhak, Barbosa, Raddok

        2nd Triad –
Z'leyra, Tsia, Unali, King, Arawn.

   3rd Triad – Pyan, Opus, Kimis, Kiet.
GM: Player Damage:



     Character
       Damage


Dorhak
        11


Opus
        9

    Pyan

      26


King          20

    Z'leyra       1





-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20201103/f0bbd0ef/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list