[pnpgm] Dorhak’s reply

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Mon May 25 06:17:49 CEST 2020

The guide nods, “feel free to sit.  Gnorf has explained briefly your plight.  I am chief runemaster and adviser to the king.  Explain it again to me in your own words and what you need of us? I'll arrange for some food and drink if you are in need.”  He waits for the group to sit in the padded chairs.

Dorhak heard this is a runemaster and straightens up a bit.  Hopefully the human, Raddok, understands the honor which is his today.  Not many humans are so blessed.

"It’s a bit of a long story.  Far too long to start from the beginning.  I am the a Captain of a vessel my companions and I claimed in lieu of payment.  These companions are my crew (except for the crazy one-eyed human female)  Well, unfortunately, we were forced to help a human that had found an abandoned dwarf kril.  He couldn’t get past the wards.  I was barely able to bypass them alive.

"this human then runs off ahead, completely heedless of the danger to him or us, and we took chase.  We catch him attempting to steal one of the kril treasures.  Thieving!  Naturally, we try to stop him but in doing so, he set off another ward (actually, two) but it delayed us enough for him to escape thru a magic portal to your land, here.  You see, from what we’ve been able to cobble together, we are many, many leagues from our homes far in the west.

"we were able to follow the thief thru the portal, and arrived in time to find him dead.  We were attacked by some disgusting Kotothi which we dispatched, but also found there were other humans waiting for the thief.  They gave him his final reward.  Well, that still didn’t pay my kin for their imprisonment, so we went after the murderers. We finally caught up with them but, before we could deal with them fully, Gnorf and his people found us with them and thought we were other, what were they called, oh yes!  Barn raiders.  No, wait!  Harn raiders.

"the thought we would be part of these Harn is repugnant. And insulting.

well, it turns out The portal brought us far beyond our lands and to yours.  We seek any help to get us back home.  I have to get back to my ship.