[pnpgm] Game Update #119 - File #891 - Revelations

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 21:12:17 CET 2020



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #119 sequence (file #891)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 As they reach the human village, Raddok observes the event 

            GM: Ack.  Sorry this post came in 
just as I hit send on the update so was too late to add to last update sorry.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [Just use my update for #117 as 
a response for #118 - not really advanced beyond what I was thinking about.]

                 Since Raddok doesn't understand 
the language being spoken by the 

            GM: Ack. Never fear forcing a 
post.  If you have nothing to say no need to post anything it'd be fine.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra had just been about to 
cast a Compulsion spell on the 

            GM: Ack.

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 Kiet hears the woman and 
understands that language, quite well. 


                 "Captain," he says in dwarf 
elder "I don’t think she is Lemasan,..
            GM: Ack. Like that last line – joke.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra puts her weapons away 
and slings her shield on her back. 

            GM: Ack.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 "My name is Arawn and I cannot 
guarantee your freedom just yet 

            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions[
                 In Marentian, Dorhak looks over his shoulder and says "So I 

            GM: Ack.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions[
                 She frowns and then hears a 
couple speak up to let her be taken 

            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 4th, 1636TH]

         [Time: 7:38am]

            As they reach the human village, 
Raddok observes the event concerning the 
punishment of a 'thief.' The struggle going on 
with the burned woman's anger - & her fear, 
Raddok notices - prompts him to watch, but he 
will take no action unless something attracts him 
to do so. So far, he is just an observer, and 
part of a group of strangers to these folk, and 
wants no misunderstandings to erupt. But he feels 
the fear radiating from this woman, and know such 
rage and fear can be very dangerous to those around her.

            Raddok will wait for cues from his 
companions, especially the leadership, to take 
any actual action. Meanwhile, he studies the 
appearance & gear of the prisoner, and the 
villagers, looking for differences - and 
similarities. He'll hold any horses in the party, 
if no other chores/instructions.
            Since Raddok doesn't understand the 
language being spoken by the woman, he will 
continue to watch for a proper response from his 
fellow group members. The woman seems a bit less 
desperate, now that she's able to talk to 
someone, although she could still be considered 
dangerous, due to her fearful situation.

            Z'leyra had just been about to cast a 
Compulsion spell on the women to have her tell 
her story truthfully...but no longer feels the 
need to do so. Recognizing and sympathizing with 
the unfairness that fate had handed her she tells 
the party "I am inclined to have us help her."

            Kiet hears the woman and understands 
that language, quite well.  But it seems she 
isn’t Lemasan after all.  He also understands 
some of what Gnorf and Dorhak are discussing.

            "Captain," he says in dwarf elder "I 
don’t think she is Lemasan, but from a land called Katai."

            Kiet is somewhat piqued over how his 
people are treated here.  It’s not like we are 
all the same.  Sheesh.  It’s like saying all 
dwarf wives are just old battleaxes...but at least all the men love battleaxes.

            Z'leyra puts her weapons away and 
slings her shield on her back. Taking out the 
tambourine she has on her belt she halfway closes 
her eyes and sways side to side a bit as she taps 
out a short tune and speaks a short sentence in Kameri.
Then loosening her neck as she puts the 
tambourine back she approaches the woman, tilts 
her head to the side and intently stares into her 
eyes, tilting her head side to side as she does. 
Then, stepping back she nods and speaks in 
Marentian "I do not see evil in her soul. Anger, 
fear, distrust and pain, yes. But these are 
hopefully merely temporary conditions. I think we should help her."

            Gnorf steps back watching Z'leyra and 
places hand on mace.  Several of the villagers 
pull back and gather kids close to them.  The 
leader seems to also step back a foot and watch 
Z'leyra of this spell caster doing something that could be very bad.

            Arawn steps forward with hands 
outstretched palms up to be friendly.

            "My name is Arawn and I cannot 
guarantee your freedom just yet as my friends and 
I are strangers to these lands. But I will do 
what I can for you and speak on your behalf," he 
informed the woman in Katai. "As to the Yokai and 
your eye, that is something we can speak of more 
if circumstances allow. Perhaps that is something 
I and my friends can help with as well."

            Arawn nodded as both Z'leyra and Kiet 
spoke up, adding his voice to the mix when they 
were done. Addressing Gnorf and Dorhak in dwarf 
elder so they former would understand he then 
re-explained himself to the group in Marentian 
for those not able to understand Katai.

            "Her name is Tsia Phan. Based on her 
story she's not aligned with the raiders. She was 
a courier delivering a package to them on behalf 
of an employer. Unfortunately she was tricked and 
was told she needed to accompany them to obtain 
her payment. The raiders attempted to enslave her 
or otherwise force themselves upon her at which 
point she defended herself which resulted in the death of one of the raiders.”

            “As to her attempt to steal food and 
water, I imagine that was simply the act of a 
desperation. The act of a scared woman trying to 
find a way to survive in a new land in which she 
didn't speak the language or know who to trust."

            Arawn looks to Gnorf as he continued. 
"I sense that her words ring true for the most 
part though there are some areas that might need 
further clarification. Would it be possible to 
leave the gag off of her? And do you have any questions for her?"

            In Marentian, Dorhak looks over his 
shoulder and says. "So I suppose she isn’t really 
a thief, she’s just misunderstood."

            he shakes his head but already knows 
how this is gonna play out.  He doesn’t plan on 
helping, however.  Thieving is absolutely 
heinous.  He does, however, not say anything to Gnorf.

            Fremea frowns and then hears a couple 
speak up to let her be taken away by the party, 
to make sure she is "dealt" with. Fremea thinks 
stealing is a fine thing, only if you don't get 
caught, but this one was doing it to survive and 
that is completely different. She remembers her 
own time having to figure out how to survive when 
she was left on her own and then again, when she 
escaped her own enslavement. She nods approval of 
having the woman join them, if not only to help 
her, but to make sure she is not cut down by 
those they have no empathy for the struggling.

            Fremea speaks up in Katai, "I will 
pay for whatever was stolen, to make it right for 
her to have food." She will pull out a gold and 
flick it to the ground in front of the 'humans'. 
"I hope that will be enough." Of course she 
realizes that this is probably the wrong kind of 
coinage, but hopes they will recognize gold for 
what it is anyway. She looks to Arawn to translate, or whoever can.

            The human leader look at the coin 
then at the 'girl' who is Fremea. Raddok sees the 
confused looks and translates to dwarf elder.

            Unali steps forward to speak to Tsia.

            "Tsia, we are not slavers, My name is 
Unali, and I was born in Katai but have traveled 
wide and far. We are guests here of the Besamar, 
but still I am not sure if we are in a position 
to help you. We are guests in this land at the moment.


            “Can you tell me more about the group 
of raiders as you call them that you traveled 
with. You came by ship to these lands, and how 
did you travel further. What was it you were tasked to bring here.

            Where did you come across Yokai, and 
what did they offer for your eye. I want to hear 
your story and see if we can help you get away from these lands."

            In Marentian, Unali will ask the 
group "This is Tsia, she speaks my language. Is 
there anything we need to know from her?"

            When the men try to gag her, Unali 
will speak up (using the best fitting language) 
"Please leave her for a moment, so we can find 
out why she came this way from the far Western 
Lands of Katai. Her skin and tongue mark her as 
being Katai, not Lemasan. The people from Katai 
are not known to sails as wide as those from 
Lemasa, so it is a wonder to see one here."

            Tsia pauses, "You are not 
slavers?  You are part of this group?  They are 
part of the group that tricked me, I am either a 
slave or I will give an account of myself.  I 
will fight if I need to.  If you are not 
those  who decree my freedom, then if I must 
fight.  I will do so."   She offers.

            "I was employed to deliver a package 
to a group of gaijin that I was led to believe 
might have honor.   I am ashamed to admit I was wrong.

            These pigs are worth less than that 
which I chose to step over.   I did as I chose, 
stowing away aboard the ship, I was able to keep 
from causing issue for the sailors, until they 
found my gear.  By that time they were already in 
harbor. "  She says in rapid Katai.

            "I didn't necessarily choose to 
travel with them, my employer advised they would 
have the payment and I would be able to verify as 
I am versed in weapons," she gives a rueful 
smile.  "However I am bereft any proof as I was captured with a stolen horse,"

            “As for the package, I do not know, I 
was tasked with delivery only, not with what the 
package might have been," she sighs, "I am once 
again at a disadvantage," she offers while her 
face belies a fight to keep a growing rage under 
control.   She pauses for a few moments taking a deep breath.

            “As for travel after the ship, those 
you call Lamasu? Raiders I would hazard a better 
name, it was easy enough to procure travel, I 
still don't believe they thought I was a female 
that might be worth anything other than a 
slave.  With my face and missing eye,  do I look 
even remotely inviting?" she give a derisive 
snort.   "It seems there was one amongst them 
that was that desperate or stupid," she gives a wry smile.

            "As for the yokai, you are from 
Katai, you know of them at the very least.  True 
they are not of the official religion and if I 
were to speak of either they or the kami I would 
be killed  rather painfully," she sighs,

            "But they exist, often seeking out 
those like myself in dire need and willing to pay 
a price they ask," she tries to smile it fails to 
be friendly.   "As for what they offered was a 
way to escape my families arrogance," she says with a finality.

             The Human leader hears Raddok 
translate and begins to wave his arm side to side 
in a heated discussion with Gnorf in the Besamar 
language.  Gnorf also starts to argue and looking 
at the party a few times.  Then they stop.

            Gnorf sighs, “the gold is welcome but 
not really used here. Not by this village.  Take 
it back.  They feel appreciated for the 
offer.  They understand she is not a threat.”

            With that the gag is placed back in a 
villagers belt.  The two holding Tsia release her 
but stand nearby.  Gnorf continues.

            “They say she can't stay 
here.  Stealing is a serious offense.  So we are 
left with only 2 options.  Well...maybe 3.  She 
gets deported back to Harn with the others.  By 
our strong urging.  She goes with you and let you 
deal with her.  Finally she could be set free to 
survive on her own.  She would of course be given 
her weapons back – we aren't cruel. “  He stares 
at Dorhak.  “I personally don't care.  But we 
need to leave now since have long trek ahead.”

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Mon/Tue?

         GM: A good place to stop.  Unali's post 
was in email not list.  Since you guys may not 
see this till Thursday doesn't give much time to 
reply for Saturday.  So will try next Mon/Tue or 
Wednesday at latest.  Since work 5 days a week 
now less time for update work. Basically its up 
to Dorhak to pass judgment on Tsia and we can 
move on.  Most of party is opting to help her tho it seems by the posts.

         GM: Player damage:


                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         9+1 [Moderate]
                 Arawn                   1
             Raddok              1



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20200304/116de559/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list