[pnpgm] Game Update #111- File #838 - A compromise given

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat Jan 18 21:07:45 CET 2020


   Welcome aboard, Chris! Looking forward to interacting in the game. And no need to be nervous. It took me a bit to adjust to the game again as well. But I'm sure Scott and everyone else will help you out. Just focus on RPing and I'm sure you'll be fine:)

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of Chris Chris <chrisschoolacct at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 8:14 AM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: Re: [pnpgm] Game Update #111- File #838 - A compromise given

<OOC - Hi everybody and well met.   My name is Chris, and I am new to the PBEM.  Thank you all for keeping this game alive and for allowing me to join.   I'm still working on my application, and just getting as much information digested as possible.  This is a massive world, and I have so much to learn.

Mr. Adams is helping me with my character, as well.   It has been so long time since I have played the game, I really feel nervous.  I played when I was a kid, and to be honest we didn't know what we were doing back then... LOL.

Thank you again and hopefully will be chatting more with you all soon!>




On Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 05:23:55 PM CST, Tobie Bonahoom <bonahoom at hotmail.com> wrote:


<OOC - Discord is great idea. Use it for a few things myself already. My vote is yes for the return of Don - always fun to have returning people. Hello to the new person>

Fremea sees all the new lights and wonders if she should go to the cave and warn everyone, but then realizes that could be a bad thing also, because she would remove her surprise for just in case. She gets close to the cave to find out what is going. Before she does, she makes sure her invis is still good.

As she nears, she can hear more of that language, and then the translation comes outside. It seems that they are wanting to check all arrows. She doesn't remember if she shot through the portal, but is pretty sure she didn't, however it would be best to not make herself known at this time and instead flies back up to a good place to rest on the trees and watch things.



Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:32 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org <pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #111- File #838 - A compromise given














   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game
Update #111 sequence (file #838)

----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin
Notes: None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]


   From Pyan: [Re: Actions]

        I'm beting horses
don't know the diffrence between snakes and snake headed gorillas

   GM: Ack. Very good point.  To me most game horses are
experienced to know snakes.  If they are just sit on farm all day
no.  But if they travel then yes. They know the signs.
Experience.


   From Pyan: [Re: Actions]

        Pyan is betting
that that horses don't know the difference to and will say something
about it.  I'm a bit mentaly exhasted from having some truble
programing.  Scott make something some. :P
FYI:https://github.com/DrAlta/PBC/blob/master/HowCanYouPayMana.py is
<
https://github.com/DrAlta/PBC/blob/master/HowCanYouPayMana.py%C3%82%C2%A0is
> what I've been working on the bast 4 days.
ended up writing a script to write the program for me.

   GM: Ack. Looks like fun project.  I miss coding at
home. :< Barely have time to do pbem much less coding. Good luck!


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        [OOC: If this
doesn't fit, remove it, or any parts - condense it - lol. But I
felt...]...


        Raddok has about
reached the limit of his ability to be passive …


        [I know this is a
lot of monologue, so shorten or interrupt it if necessary to fit the
story (sigh – lol)]


        {Happy 2020,
everyone!]

   GM: Ack. No! That was great role playing.  That is
exactly what we need. You did a great job.


   From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]

        After looking
around per Rakkok's request, Z'leyra will go to guard the entrance. She
switches to sword and shield and if fighting starts will initially be
defensive in her fighting.

   GM: Ack.


   From Bess: [Re: Actions]

        [OOC: After you
read all that I wrote in the update I just sent, one or more of your
characters might naturally interrupt or silence Raddok's outburst. If you
do so, with GM's agreement, my nose will NOT be out of joint - lol. I
understand - he just has to try to defend his friends. ;)]

   GM: Ack. No worries.  Never doubt yourself.


   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]


"Personally, I'd like to get to know the besamer and this land. …

   GM: Ack.


   From Bess: [Re: Win Upgrades]

        Totally
understand - I got my Win10 in late November for necessary reasons -
needing the internet & Win7 losing support. The machine I got has
some glitches, but good memory & works with my RPGMMOs so happy
enuff. AND I've yet to move some stuff from the old machine, even after
six weeks or more on this one – lol.

        Good luck!

   GM: Ack. Minor issues with old email program and trillian
but think I got them figured out.  Still gotta tweak fonts and
colors.  Open office as I type this is a bit dim so I actually turn
Bold on to type this :) So gotta do tweaks like that but about 95% done.


   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]

        Dorhak is about
ready to throttle this moronic, beardless …

   GM: Ack.


   From Panthera (Pyan): [Re: OOC Stuff]

        Hello everyone.If
I remember Scott encourages to have a life and is OK with non game
related discussions.

        [Rest removed
since not really game stuff]

   GM: Ack. Good luck.  Things that make you happy is good
for soul and mind. Others are free to help ya out in email or facebook.
But I may have a idea for all of us that I thought of before I saw
this.  See below.



   From Panthera: [Re: Don returning]

        I say let him
join back in. We can always kill off his char to make the situation more
dramatic. :P But seriously Mea was like my 2nd or 3rd favorite chars.

   GM: Ack. Thanks for vote.


   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]

        So.

        I don’t want to
fight these people but I don’t want to surrender to them either.

        suggestions?

   GM: Ack. No harm in asking. Kudos.


   From Pyan: [Re: Suggestions]

        Have Arawn
transmute some stones into ale and have a drinking contest.

   GM: Ack. Heh :)


   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]

        That could prove
interesting!

   GM: Ack. Indeed..


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        [OOC: This is all
being offered as possible approaches to action, and is presented as a
tumble of thoughts & feelings going through Raddok's head, even as he
tries to explain why & how his party was dragged into the situation.]
That's why Raddok protested & started talking so fast. He won't mind
being interrupted if someone comes up with something to do/say, but has a
legitimate (to him) protest concerning being unarmed amongst strangers
with spider-headed monsters about. His suggesting being allowed to each
carry their own weapons seemed a reasonable compromise to him, although
it's possible that one of his new friends could pull some very unlikely
rabbits out of his or her hat(s), & were undeniably dangerous if
provoked. He's a bit angry at being considered one of the thieves &
being treated as such, even though, in the back of his mind he kinda
understands the fellow's cautions. He also wonders where their
knife-throwing friends are hiding, since he doesn't see the entire party
gathered.


        He will go along
with the majority of the group that's present, most likely. He doesn't
want to fight the friendly-seeming stranger's group, but doesn't want to
be their prisoner either. He gave Dorhak the information their Captain
wanted, and hopes that might help settle the matter - somehow, for the
better. He's half-ready to drop his weapons, & will if Dorhak says
to. He will not, however, be willing to carry any of the 'sleeping'
thieves; that betokens being a part of that unsavory group. He's rather
kick them to their feet.

   GM: Ack.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
        [New
Stuff]

        [Ma 3rd,
1636TH]

        [Time:
4:38 am – Besam, Eastern Lands]


   Raddok has about reached the limit of his ability to be
passive and let events unfold as they will. He knows that Gnorff seems to
understand/speak Dwarf Elder, even if he is not quite a dwarf, so he
wants to throw out a quick summary of what, in his own mind, has been
going on around him - not so diplomatic, perhaps, but frank and open
anyway, without Dorhak's angry sense of injustice.


   Raddok had intentionally spoken out about what he had
discovered about the so-called 'raiders' being miners, not warriors, in
Dwarf Elder as well as Marentian. After all, he wanted the visitor/native
- Gnorff - to know what he was saying, both about his discovery &
about what he was saying to his companions. Then, showing Gnorff back to
where the sleepers were, he had noticed that the dwarf-appearing man
seemed direct enough, not the cruel type, planning to have his people
just kill these trouble-makers now unconscious around them. He had found
himself kinda liking him.


   But Gnorff's apparent belief that some of his party, &
friends, were complicit in whatever had been happening, was very
disturbing to the miner. He blurted out without thinking, in Dwarf Elder,
“But we don't even know where we are! We were only chasing an evil man
who was responsible for enslaving & killing many dwarves back in
Marentia, for some unknown secret he wanted. We finally catch up to him
& he creates a - portal - and escapes through it, so we chased after
him, and found ourselves suddenly in the middle of the night in a
rainstorm - here!” And he spread out his arms, lifting them up slightly
& looking about, indicating the general area around them. "And
then we were attacked by those snake-headed spiders! I don't know about
the others, but I have no idea where we are now. Those 'raiders of yours
killed the man we were chasing - so we were worried - who were these
horsemen? So we followed them here."


   He looked beseechingly at Gnorff. "Don't you see,
asking us to give up our weapons to strangers - even kind strangers - is
very threatening to our sense of safety right now. Can't you compromise
& just ask us to put the weapons away. I'll gladly put my shield
& mace back in their holding loops. But I want to be able to protect
myself from any more snake-headed spider monsters or other unknown beasts
out there - not to mention what seems to be an invisible snake in here
around the horses. How can I trust an unknown number of strangers - who
seem to think this is our fault, not these sleepers, or that we are part
of whatever the gods know is going on around here?!" He took a deep
breath to calm down. "Do you understand? We don't know these people
- or you. All the thieves are only asleep - not dead. My friends are all
awake; and we killed no one. We have stolen nothing - we only sought the
one responsible for the death of many dwarves."


   Raddok shuts up, a bit afraid he's maybe said too much,
although he mentioned no 'treasure.' He hopes Fremea & maybe another
member of the party have successfully hidden themselves - just in case.


   Gnorff stops at threshold of cave and turns around hearing
Raddok.  He notices Z'leyra moving and drawing her large shiny
sword.  Then glances at Dorhak and Arawn.  Before back at
Raddok.  “What is Marentia?  You are in land of Beam – land of
dwarf in what some outside call the Eastern Lands.  I like your
spunk for a human.  But the reason I ask for weapons is safety of
our village. Would you bring well armed...” he glances at Z'leyra and
others.  “To a village with our wives and children? We might as well
allow Kotothi beasts to eat us as we lay on ground not fighting back!”


   "Personally, I'd like to get to know the Besmear and
this land. The portal must have connected here for some reason we've yet
to understand, something I think it wise to discover as well. I'm
comfortable disarming myself and accompanying them. After all, with our
without weapons, this group is quite capable of taking care of
itself," Arawn whispered to Dorhak while Raddok called out and
Bergen explored the cave. "I think it a good idea to gain their
respect and possible friendship. And if things go south it's not like I
can't whisk us all away from here.


   Just remember, we're very far from home. Possibly beyond my
limits to teleport us. So it might be best for us to work with the
besmear to find a safe way home."


   Arawn knows he could teleport to Katai but how far is Katai
from here? 100 miles? 700? 1700.  Without that info it would be
dangerous.  As he states his words he realizes something.  A
cave full of dwarf armor opens up in a land of dwarves? If that isn't a
link what is?


   Dorhak is about ready to throttle this moronic, beardless
dwarf.  It would be easier, at least, to do so without the hair in
the way.  Still, he has to try one more thing.


   Speaking in Dvallin, he says to Gnorf "know ye now that
I speak the truth. We were brought here following the man that was
murdered. He stole from us, so we do not mourn his loss.  We were
able to track these bandits to this cave and recover what was ours.
We are not from around here.  The Lemaitre, except for that one
looking for snakes, are all bandits.  We subdued them.  These
other humans and the elf are my crew.  We mean you and your people
no harm."


   "May Calling deal with me ever so severely should I not
speak the truth!"


   Outside Fremea dashes from tree to tree and counts a half
dozen more beardless small people.  But she spots lights in the
distance.  Going above the canopy she spots possibly a dozen torches
moving this way. Must be reinforcements.


   Gnorf looks at Dorhak, Arawn and then Raddok.  He sighs
and watches Kiet stab at shadows and bags hoping to kill this elusive
snake.  He knew Lemaitre were weird but even thats too weird.


   He stands tall and looks at Dorhak, “you swear?  A
dwarf has nothing but honor and if he swears such a thing and knows a
curse could come back to him.  Then I can reconsider.  Your
friend,” he nods to the miner, “clearly is a miner.  What these
raiders use in our land.  His hands show that and the way he looks
at the cave.  He pleads a good case.  If this story is indeed
true only the elders can help you.  By your honor bearded one I'll
do this.  Sheath those weapons.  Follow us to our village
nearby.  You will not enter with those weapons.  One can
represent you to speak to the elder.  But he or her WILL
disarm.  The elders will decide your fate.”


   “One more thing,” he turns to whistle twice.  Two
unbearded ones step out of the bush and move toward cave.  “I will
inspect your quivers.  If I find you have the colors that killed
that man we may have no deal.  You will submit to this
inspection.  I saw such arrows on those in the antechamber.
But if they are in your quivers that can be problematic.  Also what
was stolen and retaken by you/”


   Arawn cringes that was slipped out and he hoped Gnorf missed
it.


   Gnorf raises his shield, “You'll have to carry the others as
well for us. What do you say?”

        GM:
Actions? Comments?


    Next update...Monday?

        GM: Two
days late but its finally out.  Happy new years folks.  Great
role playing by Dorhak/Raddok may have saved situation.  BTW the
demand is all quivers it would not look good to have Fremea show up and
not inspected. Chances are slim you guys have same color its the color
and patterns of the arrows that are distinctive.  So at least 5 good
votes or neutral ones on Don returning so guess I'll let him know.
Ensure he doesn’t' get burnt out.  We all get burnt out but it takes
dedication and frankly only 20-40 min per week for you guys. :) Its not
like hours and hours like me.  Also the new player is on the
list.  He is free to say hi and such if he wants.  Since this
is late doing update on Saturday would be to hard for you guys.  So
will delay till Monday.  Also a reminder: Any text in recap section
between From...GM is not spell checked.  I figure that is your post
so don't want to edit it.  :)


   So I was thinking.  Who would be interested in a
Discord server for us?  For those of who don't know, Discord is a
online resource where you can post messages, pics and chat between each
other.  Think of Skype how it can do such. I'm in a dozen Discords
already but don't become too busy on some of them.  Mainly for
Diabolic 3 and Twitch streamers I’m in.  We could do channels for in
game stuff, coo stuff, hobbies or personal things in or lives.  We
could share pics of family or such to become more a family than some
faceless alias. It would be optional but allow folks to do stuff there
not in game like Pyan’s stuff.  Then you also can DM each person or
live chat if needed.  There are phone and browser apps.  I use
Firefox for discord to read.  But if I listen to chat I use the
discord app.  What do you guys say?

        GM: Damage




Player
        Damage

        Barbosa

        16+4+1+5 [Unclear
fully, Revived]

        Unali


        6

        Raddok

        1 [1 Healing]

        Arawn


        5


Z'leyra
        4






_______________________________________________
pnpgm mailing list
pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org<mailto:pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org>
http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20200118/1c899f1f/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list