[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Tue Sep 3 02:51:22 CEST 2019

They shows several statues.

A stone one of a brave dwarf raising a mace possibly in victory?

A metal looking statue of a dwarf holding a hammer and chisel.

A bronze like one in color of a dwarf with gold like objects in one hand and a book in the other.  The Dwarf is elderly as his beard is long.

A Ice looking statue of a dwarf fighting a giant with mace & shield.  It looks like a equal fight and unsure who will win.

This is in the tiny space so its in small scale maybe a 1-3 feet wide and 4-5 tall.

The voice simply asks.  "What do you consider the best?"

Dorhak studies the small statues.  Finally not a riddle.  But why ask him?

dorhak chuckles to himself.  Certainly he relates to the first statue.  Being stone, which dwarves love to carve, and being a brave dwarf with a mace, the similarity is striking.  Perhaps too much so.

the same with the ice sculpture. Dorhak has heard of dwarves that carve ice, but only in rumors.  While the Elder Mountains do get cold, there is usually not that much water available. Still, to be on par with a giant is a heady thought indeed.  But no dwarf, except great heroes of old, can succeed in such a quest.

the old dwarf statue in bronze is intriguing, to say the least, especially with the gold objects in hand.  The book is a bit off putting, but the elder dwarf is a true image of wisdom and knowledge. But dorhak isn’t really much of a reader or scholar.

the metal dwarf with hammer and chisel is truly the one he likes.  It’s an image of what Dwarfdom is.  We work hard, not wanting to or trying to simply fight, but instead to dream and create!  While most of us do take a martial path for part of our lives, it is especially done not for the fight or glory, though there certainly is glory in defeating the great enemies, but it’s done so we might create in peace.

"I prefer the Statue of Peace.  The statue of creation.  The statue of dreams.  I prefer the one with hammer and chisel.  For it is what I seek for myself."