[pnpgm] Game Update #102 - File #759 - Revelation and hope

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Oct 27 03:16:33 CET 2019











    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #102 sequence (file #759)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [feel free to use as much or as 
little of this as you want; I got just a bit 
carried away - but l was wondering how bad I'd be 
feeling is I'd lost 1/3 of my body's 
strength/use/mobility like Raddok did, &  others 
had been hurt worse earlier in this adventure; 
glad I never had to actually go to war, even as a nurse (Viet Nam is my era)]

                 As Raddok stumbles through the 
portal, holding one of Barbosa's 

            GM: Ack.  Good descriptive/rp/post.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 Arawn was moved by the Guardian's thoughts and actions, hope 

            GM: Ack. Also reacted to email.

            From Raddok: [Re: Resent post]
                 Re-sending since not yet showing 
up on website (last entry was Update #101, as of 
this date: 10/21/19)  [rest repeated text deleted]
            GM: Ack.  Remember as long as it goes 
to Archives your safe.  No need to re-post 
stuff.  My personal site is updated when I can have free time.

            From Bess: [Re: Spamed stuff]
                 [Sorry; found some game emails 
re Update 101 in my email; just not posted yet on 
website - my apologies for feeling rushed & resending – lol]
            GM: Ack. You're fine.  See above.

            From Fremea: [Re; Actions]
                 Fremea is extremely upset. 
First, about her target being dead 

            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 Grrrr!  First the disgusting 
weather, then the disgust of seeing 

            GM: Ack.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Rescue]
                 "Have you tried to keep deep 
concentration on something while you 

            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]

         [Time: 1:25 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]

            As Raddok stumbles through the 
portal, holding one of Barbosa's legs to help 
Z'leyra with the dwarf's limp weight, he is 
stunned, shocked by the sudden darkness and 
streams of water seeming to flood over him, and 
is relieved when Z'leyra stops quickly and sets 
Barbosa down. Raddok can barely see after the 
bright, pulsating lights of the portal they just 
passed through, and is glad to set the dwarf 
down. He looks at the limp form, and feels more shocked - the dwarf looks dead!

            Raddok suddenly is aware of the heavy 
rain, soaking coldly under his armor, down his 
neck and back, and he shudders, which sets off 
the pain again. He again wished he had chosen to 
bring the heavy sword, although the shield had 
undoubtedly helped save his life tonight. He 
looks up quickly at the sound of a pursuit ahead, 
but having lowered himself to one knee to set the 
severely injured dwarf down, Raddok finds he 
cannot get to his feet again - he is lightheaded 
again, and a bit nauseated, and has to keep 
himself from falling with both knees and his free 
hand. Raising up on both knees, he draws his mace 
again, but feels too weak to stand.

            His struggle to get up is forgotten 
as he watches Z'leyra try to revive Barbosa, and 
sees her apparent inability to do so. Raddok 
feels grief wash over him, as he looks at the 
pale, sturdy, stocky body, seeing him with the 
eyes & memories of the irascible dwarf's 
conversations aboard the ship over the last 
several weeks, and the miner-turned-adventurer 
feels faintness mix with his sorrow.

            "I think I need help," he tries to 
say, as he closes his eyes in the sudden 
remembrance of pain. Definitely, fighting had 
kept his focus away from it before - nothing like 
trying to just stay alive, he grimly smiled. The 
smile faded into a grimace, and he closed his 
eyes for a moment. Since he could not stand, he 
tried to listen with his eyes closed - was there 
danger nearby, or just the stormy night? 
Something was wrong about this place, but he was 
too tired to care - how far had they come? Had 
had happened to the sun? He felt very dizzy. He 
just wanted to sit down for a little longer. 
Although he felt and half-saw the others coming 
through behind Z's & his own exit - he now saw 
the portal suddenly vanish in fire and steam. He 
winced at the sight, but barely cared; he was 
just glad they were together again.

            Mournath comes over to help Raddok 
stand and allow the miner to lean up against the sailor.

            Arawn was moved by the Guardian's 
thoughts and actions, hope and a prayer flashing 
through his mind in an instant as he transitioned 
through the portal. Landing in rain and darkness 
he had little time to further contemplate things, 
only hoping the creature was alright, before he 
focused on adjusting to his new surroundings.

            A quick scan to look for Kiet and 
then the others led him to Velf and Barbosa's 
still bodies. He joined Z'leyra and Dorhak beside 
the dead dwarf, ignoring for the moment the urge 
to locate the missing book. Others would have to 
take up that task for he had to try one thing in 
an effort to bring Barbosa back. He lay his hands on the dwarf and prayed...

            Fremea is extremely upset. First, 
about her target being dead already (not even 
sure how, since she was directly on his tail) and 
second, because it is raining so much. She really 
hopes to find the trail, where the arrows came 
from, or really the book. Even though it is 
raining, she will use her Mana sensing to see if 
there is anything she can determine. Maybe a 
trail of residual magic if the book itself could leave something.

            Grrrr!  First the disgusting weather, 
then the disgust of seeing the human woman give 
up on his kin.  Dorhak moves in close to watch, 
and maybe help, but he’s not much use in these things.  But this is Barbosa.

            His fist clench as Z'leyra checks 
over Barbosa, the anger growing in his 
breast.  She does, well, something, but nothing 
happened.  Except we all get wetter.

            He looks at her and says. "Why?  Why 
didn’t you help him on the other side?  He might 
still be with us. Ours is a long lived race, not 
just a mist in the morning like your race."  He 
pause for a moment, looking at the body.  "Did 
you wait because you just didn’t want to get 
hurt?  Because we all know how unlikely it would be for you to be hurt."

            Dorhak’s shoulders slump and he drops 
his head.  "It just such a waste."

            "Have you tried to keep deep 
concentration on something while you are being 
hit with attacks that are trying to kill you? I 
am sorry, but my training was to make the place 
safe or get to a safe place before bending over 
to heal someone." Z'leyra replies.

            Those walking around notice the 
terrain is rocky, muddy and elevated. That must 
mean they are still in the hills or mountains of Vahear?  But why is is night?

            Fremea opens herself to the 
mana-verse around her.  But around Velf there is 
no sign of any mana or residue.

            As Dorhak and Z'leyra argue Pyan 
moves closer to Velf.  He notices Fremea and 
moments earlier Unali trying to find a trail.  To 
what?  Then he sees a faint hint of arrow 
feathers of red in the darkness in Velf.  So he 
was killed?  So the other 2 must be looking for 
the attackers?  He moves off moving past the 
nearby bush.  While the terrain is elevated it 
seems to be a forest or at the very least a light 
to medium wood.  There are trees around and it 
causes a bit of shelter to the wind and 
rain.  But the Vahear hills had no such heavy foliage.

            Then Pyan steps in a  mud puddle then 
he realizes hes been here before. Not this land 
but the situation.  He leans down and sure enough 
finds a circular impression.  One not made by 
nature but by man or beast.  Recent horse shoes!

            Fremea then sees a glint of something 
higher than the normal mana source to the 
right.  She draws her dagger and hovers – no need to walk in this muddy mess.

            Unali is also trying to find clues of 
a trail.  But in this rain visibility for humans 
is 8-12 feet only and blurred by darkness.  She 
steps carefully not to stumble and has both 
daggers out.  Then she spots a dark movement in 
the darkness.  Humans may not see well at night 
but their eyes help to distinguish between shades 
and shadows.  A skill of shadow trailing  Unali 
knows all to well.  As she turns to investigate 
she tries to figure out what it is.

            Back over Barbosa's body Arawn 
figures his options.  If Z'leyra could not heal 
using her best spell what can he do?  Then he 
recalls the spell from the scroll he has been 
learning.  It could work.   But the scroll says 
at best you have 1-10 seconds to act. How long 
has it been?  Arawn hears Dorhak and Z'leyra 
argue and feels compelled to intervene but 
ignores them for now.  Time seems to stop or slow 
again like before.  Like at the flying cast when he stopped the library fire.

            Arawn murmurs a half prayer and spell 
barely heard over the rain.  He lays hands on Barbosa and hopes.

            Unali sees it as a 6.5-7 foot thing 
charging.  She can hear the huffs of nostrils and 
the expelling of water from those nostrils.  Then 
her magical dagger warns her – duck and sidestep 
now!  She twists and spins kicking at the smaller 
form.  The form goes flying back the way it came.

            The large form though took this 
chance to get close and swing a club of some 
sort.  The club hits her in the right arm and she 
grunts in pain.  But at same time the form tries 
to bite down onto Unali but she pushs it away just in time.

            Facing the large form Unali brings 
both daggers to bear.  The arm just hit misses – 
probably a bit weaker but the other dagger hits 
doing 7 points to it's left middle section.

            The large creature attacks again with 
club and possibly fangs?  But both attacks 
fail.  Unali feels the other creature lung and 
almost jump on her back. Then fangs bite down on 
her left neck and she feels warm substance flow through her veins.

            Fremea detects this attack by some 
form of magical presence possibly the 
poison?  She flies toward Unali to help.  She 
stabs at the large form but misses.

            Unali feels nothing so far so goes on 
offensive.  She tries to stab at the 'head' of 
the creature on her but both aimed attacks 
fail.  But the form is large enough she can 
easily still hit it.  Both daggers hit but only 1 
is needed.  The right dagger hits the creature in 
the left shoulder doing a massive 36 points of 
damage killing the  creature instantly.

            The large form turns and leaps 
straight for Fremea who is about 5 feet off 
ground.  It tries to swing its club but fumbles 
and the club goes flying into the darkness.  But 
the fangs hit and bit down on her neck.  She 
feels the rush of poison and both Fremea and creature slam onto the ground.

            Fremea tries to move but can't.

            Pyan rushes now as others start to 
hear and come to investigate.  He stabs with his 
spears the creature hitting it in side doing 2 points.

            Unali feels no affects from the 
poison so far but rushes to attack the creature 
now trying to stand.  One dagger misses.  But the 
other does again 33 points and kills the creature.

            Arawn finishes his spell and waits.  No pulse yet though?

            Unali and Pyan see no damage to 
Fremea but she blinks and can't move.

            As Dorhak sees Raddok and Kiet move 
to see what is going on he hears Arawn give a 
very un-Alfar yelp.  Dorhak spins and dares.

            Then as suddenly as entering the rain 
the storm ends.  From a deluge to minor 
drops.  Arawn looks up at Dorhak and smiles.  He says there is a pulse!

            Dorhak ignores the fight and leans 
down to Barbosa as Z'leyra moves to help Arawn. 
Sure enough Z'leyra finds a faint pulse.

            Arawn looks skyward to give thanks to 
the gods.  Then notices a odd sky. There are 
clouds but the stars.  They are in different 
spots.  His cosmology skills show that they are 
still in the Middle World but it looks look they 
are hundreds if not thousands of miles away based 
on how the stars are shifted.

            Unali glances at creature and now 
that star light is a bit brighter looks like the 
creatures are Gartula which the party has fought 
before.  She glances around to ensure no more are around.

            Pyan stands and looks around.  Then 
in his mind things flash.  A faint voice.  Is 
that residue from the creature's contact? 
Something about serving and duty but tried as 
best could or such.  Then faint words something 
like 'fare greetings to the small ones'?

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update: Saturday?

         GM: A short update.  But still been 
super busy.  I need to finalize benefits and 
research stuff on that.  Got another busy 
week.  So likely no update till Saturday.  Sadly 
I need to research some pnp stuff and review it 
as I lost my notes from  pc crash last year.  So 
that'll take a few days.  So did this fluff 
update to get me more time. :) Happy Halloween to 
those scary monsters that lurk in rain.  Sorry 
been too busy for 2 updates a week. :< Mana 
report updated with experience.  We are 75% done with this adventure.

         GM: Damage


                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5 [Dead]
                 Unali                   6
                 Raddok          8
                 Arawn                   5
               Z'leyra           4
               Fremea            Paralyzed


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191026/4cbce880/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list