[pnpgm] Game Update #65 - File #536 - Docking at Dechat

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 17 01:25:26 CET 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #65 sequence (file #536)

            Post from Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok does not know the
protocol of his new companions re: dividing loot
or treasure/discoveries among themselves in a group venture such as this one.

                 Previous experience of his was
that whoever you killed, you took those villains'
items (like coins or resalable weapons) for your
own use (or gave them away to whoever you wished
to). Here there was not only the dead pirates,
but any treasure the ship might have (& not
forgetting the other ship Fremea drove onto the
beach, that could be a substantial amount - or
nothing at all), so things were not only more
complicated (in addition to the time factor of
escaping notice from the nearby shore), but it
was possible that his companions might usually
gather everything into one big pile aboard their
own ship, & it was dispersed by Captain Dorhak or his officers (Unali, etc).

                 Raddok will have to ask for
priorities of any search for loot/treasure, if he
can keep loot from those individuals he killed
(or if it is all shared from one big pile), what
to do with what he collects  (or is sent to
collect). If he has a chance to search the
pirates he killed, he would like to start his
collecting there, although he will collect
whatever wherever the Captain orders anywhere on
board - Dorhak & the others may have established
rules on who collects what in whatever priority,
and he will willingly comply as part of the group.

                 He knows he will get a fair
share, as the others have already generously
helped cover his expenses on this adventure. But
more importantly, he begins to wonder, will there
be any stray information on other pirating
activity that may involve the capture of dwarves...?
            GM: Ack.  Treasure is more
lenient.  I'll go over this below.  I do like
your last part.  Sadly no prisoners left.  But if
any logs or notes are found in captain's quarters
it's probably in Cerulean so unsure anyone reads
that (though some may speak it).

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 The only thing Pyan picked up
out of the treasure hoard was his precious.

                 Pyan's has no concept of wealth beyond personal use.
If you had him picking up gems will just say he
did it at the encouragement of the other party members

                 Oh and just FYI after he is done
with seamanship and eagle Pyan will start trying
to turn some of that useless jewelry into more
practical, wearable jewelry. He'll buy a hand
drill or make one, he should be able to adapted
the design used for making fires, to make holes
in the coins and string to tie them together.
            GM: Ack.  As said in last update I
only see the 21 worthless gems. What was this
'precious'?  A ring or bracelet? I don't mind
adding it to sheet.  Though this treasure haul
will have tons of such items for Pyan :).  Sadly
to adapt jewelry you do need jeweler skill.  This
is a 100 point skill.  Self taught it'd take 100
days, with teacher and book maybe a month.  So
may not have time soon to learn such a
skill.  Sorry.  Maybe after adventure? Or ask one of the others to do it?

         [Apris 27th, 1636TH]

         [Time: 2:19 pm]

            Unali kneels over Arawn and ignores
Dorhak for now.  The questions on how she can
kill 5 so quickly plus the 3 in hallway.  But she
is a humble Katai woman who has learned that
gloating can be bad for her fate.

            The dagger maiden checks the Druid's
pulse.  Its is very weak even stopping at
times.  She knows Z'leyra would be best for him
but she was prepared. She reaches behind her back
and opens a small pouch.  She removes a object
and moves it toward Arawn.  The Alfar probably
can't handle laying on his back due to the wounds
but she can help him faster with the object.  She
places the brown cross shape with 4 very tiny
topaz gems and a small ruby gem in the center on his chest and activating it.

            The talisman glows slightly a dark
yellow then green fog like energy begins to move
up and down Arawn's body.  Within a half minute a
lot of his burns begin to heal.  But by the time
the magic ends he is improved from near fatal to
moderate damage – a big jump of healing.  Arawn
checks his pulse and it is a lot stronger.  Unali
lifts the talisman and places it back in the pouch.

            Fremea inspects the mage and is
confused by the sight.  His clothing isn't torn
yet there are thin holes and looking under a
black spot as if something touched him.  But
there is no sign of blood?  Something killed him.

            Unali turns to Fremea, “Can you undo her paralysis?”

            Arawn flutters his eyes and sees what
looks like a white dove on the ledge of the hatch
shaft door that leads to the top which allows the
pirates to lower cargo up and down with ropes –
just like the black depths.  Arawn blinks his
eyes twice and tries to clear the pain from his
body.  He looks again but he dove is gone
again.  He wonders if he is seeing things.  Arawn
looks to the right and sees Z'leyra and hears Unali talk.

            Dorhak grumbles something about Arawn
shouldn't be sleeping there are duties to be
done!  Then moves back to issue orders.

            Fremea shakes her head she doesn't
know how to cure it just cause it as well as
cause poison.  She shakes her head.

            Unali tells Fremea, “watch over
them.”  She then dashes out of the room. Then
moves to the Black Depths to her gear.  Finding
her backpack she pulls a iron goblet out, as well
as goideli wine flask.  She rushes back to the
pirate hold 2 minutes later.  She pours the wine
in the goblet.  She pulls off her bracelet and
mixes the toadstone into the mix and swirls it a
bit.  Soon a brownish red potion is made.  She
drips some of the wine into Z'leyra's mouth,
balancing between getting enough into her and not
drowning her in wine. If it looks like she is
drowning in the wine she will tilt her over to
get her to expel the wine and try
again.

            Z'leyra begins to twitch her eyes and
mouth then pushes Unali's knee away from her side
as it was pushed into her side.  Unali moves and
puts the item back tucked away.

            Zepp steps in to collect pirate
swords.  He smells the wine and looks at Z'leyra,
“Captain doesn't like drinking while on
duty...and laying down while others work.”  He grins and leaves.

            Z'leyra checks and while her wounds
are heavy she only had the 2 minor dagger slices
in her chest.  She checks for bleeding then stands.

            Top side, Dorhak giving orders loudly
to collect every bit of treasure and loot that
can be found.  Stack it in Black Depth's hold so
they can sell it in Dechat.  He grins a bit as he
sees the irony of stealing stuff from pirates who
steal for living from innocents then selling said
items in a pirate laden city. He continues to
take it all. Then turns to Kiet and asks if he
can burn the ships once both are looted with
flame with no smoke so not to draw attention as
they sail away.  He also asks who can help
Z'leyra so she can help Arawn.  He asks Pyan to
tell the eagle to watch the other ship and guard
the area and asks others to watch the sea as well.

            At one point Fremea asks where the
birds are?  Brutto comments, “overboard  almost
immediately after we won.  While sailors like
birds its a bad omen to have a dead bird stay on
a ship.”  Fremea moans and had hoped to inspect those birds.

            Dorhak heads to find the captain's
cabin to find documents and other good
stuff.  The crew search bodies and collect all items that can be collected.

         [Time: 3:05 pm]

            Dorhak and Kiet remain on the pirate
ship and he orders the sailors to prepare to lift
anchor.  Dorhak is pleased by reports of large
amounts of treasure. Then turns to Kiet and leaves him to his work.

            Dorhak look at the gangplank and
others.  Best not to fall in sea as others
watch.  He uses a pole-arm he collected and a
sword from the captain's cabin to balance himself
crossing and prays silently.  Then crosses and waits for Kiet to come aboard.

            Soon the ship departs the burning
pirate ship and circles back toward the beached
ship.  After a few minutes the ship anchors about
100 feet away.  It can't afford to get closer or
beach itself as well. The Sailors drop anchor and
drop the shore boat.  Fremea flies first over to
ensure all are dead which they are.  But in the
45 minutes or so since the ship is listing 10
degrees and about ankle high in water down
below.  If the boards below break further
gathering loot in the hold could be
dangerous.  So several trips to collect every
party member able to go is used to collect gear
from the hold first then sent to the Black Depths.

         [Time: 3:52 pm]

            By now the ship is now knee high in
water below decks and breaking apart faster.  The
last bit of treasure is taken top side and the
last load is taken back to the Depths.

         [Time: 4:02 pm]

            Finally the ship turns and heads
toward Dechat.  Dorhak is beaming at the sight of
loot collected.  But frowns at seeing how long it
will take to wagon and sell it.

         [Time: 5:10 pm]

            Almost two hours after estimated the
ship docks at Dechat. A customs ship had to come
to inspect the Depths.  The Cerulean man dressed
in tans and browns looks around the ship.  Asks
the ship's business at Dechat and
intentions.  Dorhak explains resupply and
possible trade.  The afternoon is balmy and the
overweight custom's man is sweating like a pig
tied to a cauldron spit.  Finn asks the docking
fees and inspection fees.  The disgusting
Cerulean spits out random figures it seems – 12
SC for inspections, 6-15 depending on docking
fees, etc.  Finn and the sailors prepared Dorhak
for this.  A place like this full of corrupt
officials just needs the bottom line.  The man
starts to look at the hold when Finn steps
forward and flashes his hand – with several gold
coins.  'Will this do?” He shows 3 gold to the man.

            “I don't know.  We need to fill out
paperwork and confirm ship registry and inspect
every item on ship's hold....”  the Cerulean replies.

            Finn adds 1 more gold coin.

            “That does help speed up the labor on the hold inspections....”

            Finn adds another gold coin.

            “It is getting late.  If you say you
have cheap rum to sell then so be it.”  He
pockets the gold coins.  “I do have a nice dinner
of lamb and stew waiting for me.  You'll be
around a good full day so maybe we can do this later?”

            Dorhak slightly nods.  The man claps,
“good.”  He moves to board the small custom's
frigate.  “Where's my tea?!?”  He yells as he
crosses to his ship.  Then turns, “let's not
waste these respectable citizens any more time.  Shove off!”

            Once out of earshot Dorhak
growls.  Before he speaks Finn explains, “this is
how it is in some ports.  Five gold is a lot but
it could've been higher. Plus we don't need the
attention.  From what I saw of the treasure we
can afford to lose it.”  Then he moves to prepare
for docking.  Dorhak growls that the sailor took
gold from the loot.  Maybe he'll inspect his
berth but probably not.   If Damon who is trusted
by some like Z'leyra and Unali trusts them then maybe he can.

         [Time: 5:22 pm]

            With sun low on horizon but might be
still an hour left of daylight the ship finally
docks.  Docking fees are paid for overnight only.

            Many exit the ship to feel solid land under their feet.

            After the battle with the Sea Dragon
Unali has been quiet for several days. Even the
elemental storm and the pirate attack do not seem
to break the dampened mood she has developed. She
sits on deck quietly staring ahead during the day and doesn't speak as much.

            Once ship docks in the next harbor,
she will alight and and set foot on the quays.
She stomps a few times and seems a little more relaxed afterwards

            Dorhak is happy that the large ramp
from the docks is so wide even he can't fall
off.  He quickly asks Unali and Kiet who some
skills in trade to order supplies to be picked up
in morning or be delivered.  He orders double
watch guards tonight.  He can almost smell the
pirate scum all over the city – or maybe its that fishing boat nearby.

         [Time: 6:08 pm]

            Unali and Kiet return with news
wagons will deliver supplies ordered at
sunrise.  Dorhak then orders ramps and gang
planks raised.  Sentries to be posted even one in
crows nest.  Then he returns to his cabin to ponder the wealth in his hold.

         [Time: 10:11 pm]

            Two figures approach the ship and one
yells to Unali and Arawn who are on duty.  Mae
and Pyan watch silently as Brutto watches from the
crow's nest.  But Unali recognizes the voice of Zepp? “Permission to board.”

            The ramp is placed and the 2 men
board.  Zepp smiles in the dim light, “Dorhak
will probably put me on swab duty but this is
Malic.  Captain Damon knows of him and has dealt
with him.  He is a merchant of merit.”

            Malic shrugs, “he's being kind.  I am
a smuggler and arms dealer.  Don't panic.”  He
raises both hands to show empty.  “I only have
family I prefer ports like Provini than
here.  But I do have business here. I'm here to
make an offer on all the weapons and armor.  That
should lighten the selling a great deal.”

            Arawn looks at Unali, both wondering
if they should wake up Dorhak.  Zepp must've
slipped away but the other sailors must've
covered for him.  Dorhak doesn't like to be woken
up so Unali waves a hand to the hold.  Malic
looks around, “Damon saved me and a shipment once
so I am paying it back to him by helping.  It is
best to keep this all out of earshot of the
Cerulean.  So we'll keep this a no-questions
asked thing.  I wont ask and I keep that info
private.  While I do most of my business north of
here I do have ties here.  I can use those
contacts to sell pieces of the materials to half a dozen dealers.”

            Unali glares at Zepp and hopes this
isn't some man setting up a trap.  But Arawn
watches Malic and with his senses that the man
seems sincere and mostly trustworthy.

            Malic inspects the loads of weapons
and the few pieces of armor.  The good stuff was
already divided up and not seen by the arms dealer.

         [Time: 11:45 pm]

            Malic finishes his survey.  “I'm read
to make my offer.  I am willing to sleep on deck
in one of those wonderful hammocks.  I'm sure
you'd not trust me to return in case you fear
this a trap?”  Unali remains stone faced.  'Zepp
gave a brief overview of this already.  I made
arrangements for my crew to bring 2 wagons an
hour before sunrise.  We can load up and I'll get
the money voucher for the lender's. I can offer
slightly above market price.  We all want to make
a profit here.  I'm sure you found these items
after they 'fell off a wagon' so you will get a
good profit.  Selling swords with blood in the
market draws attention. I can avoid that.  Once
your Captain wakes give him my offer.  If not
taken no loss to me.  But selling these items
will day half a day much less a day.  I
sense...based on those on deck looking hawkish
about you don't want to be here than needed.”

            “One last thing...some advice...if I
was a pirate gang leader I’d take Zepp  and get
all info I needed. Most gangs attack ships from 1
to 3 am so be wary. After that it will be safer.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Tuesday?

         GM:  A quick update with me taking
slight liberties.  I did email Dorhak a few times
to get some reactions.  Dorhak plans to move on
as soon as sell treasure. So probably a few hours
after sunrise.  I added the Malic thing since I
kind of had it planned long ago.  I doubt folks
would want to go to town alone for casual
stuff.  Might be dangerous.  Think of late 1700s
new Orleans French ruled but pirates really
controlled things by force.  Will try to do a
small update Tuesday? Wednesday will be super
busy.  If not Tue then probably next
Saturday.  Next update probably figure out next
and final leg to Vahear but not leaving Dechat for awhile.

            * Mana report – If missed my last
post the mana report is up.  It is online and at
bottom links section.  It is updated to 4/27 with
combats and IBT experience and includes current
Mana and Physical status.  Includes any EL and
skill changes.  All sheets have been updated.

            * Healing – can be done retro
wise.  Let me know who does the healing. Kiet
will do Barbosa with dagger.  But
others?  Unali's talisman still is 1 more
charge.  Who will do what healing?  Z'leyra/Arawn/Fremea?

            * Future IBT: Once we reach Vahear
IBT will be over.  It will be 5-6 days depending
on winds – not rolled that up yet.  So
4/28-5/?.  So if need to add IBT or change do
so.  Else I'll use what is already on /miniibt.txt.

            * Treasure: Bess asked about
loot.  Old school method on table top games was
grab asap and glare at others who may want that
item.  Here we've been lenient. You can select
the special stuff (magic, etc) and I'll put it
down on a list.  If others wanted said item you
two can dicker on it or fight to
death.  Generally folks are easy gong if there is
a conflict it will be resolved quickly.  Alex
being my proofer sees treasure first hand so its
a bit unfair for that.  But it also applies for
him.  I usually do a deadline later once I figure
out such and resolve those treasure picks.  IF
its a common thing like sword should be no
conflict.  Pick 0 or 1 or tons of items.  As gm I
only handle results.  I have 2 files online for
this.  Listed as Pirate Treasure.  First is a
detailed sheet of where items were located.
Second file is the sorted/combined list.  So if
there were 6, 3 and 1 sword listed I did it as
one line and listed as 10.  So can use this
sorted file as the final one.  Note on loot.  I
ran the numbers. I figured out if this group had
control over this part of local water (they
did).  I then figured out if had loot (they did)
then figured out how many ships looted (3) but
had not sold their loot or did not want to do so
at this time – some crews like to go to other
ports to do so.  It looks like a lot of loot but
its really not.  Also Dorhak needs to approve to
give shores to Captain Damon?  He did loan 4 of
his sailors.  If not then its divided up among 16
folks.  For example 220 gold /16 is only 14
gold.  No mega wins here. :)  I assume all 16 get
shares unless stated otherwise.  Or 17 if give
Damon a share.  I will take notes in the sorted file on who picks what.

         GM: Wound Status -

                  Player         Status
                 Z'leyra Light (13) Wound
                 Barbosa Heavy (15) Damage
                 Mae             Light (11) Damage
                 Pyan            Light (2) Damage
                 Fremea  Moderate (6) Damage
                 Ardackle        Light (5) damage
                 Finn            Moderate (10) Damage
                 Arawn           Moderate, (12) Damage, Burnt
                 Dorhak  Light (6) Damage
                 Unali   Light (3) Damage
                 Raddok  Light (2) Damage

       GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning          Notes
                   Pyan          Apr  27th     Fomorian From Unali Failure

         GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa

         GM: Combat Stats -

                 Turns:  66              [Corrected stat]
                 Phases: 265             [Time: 13 minutes 15 seconds]

                 Pirates - Ship A:       49
                 Pirates - Ship b:       42

                   Player        Kills
                 Other           3.5
                 Mournath        4
                 Kiet            5
                 Unali           15
                 Npcs            6
                 Raddok          3
                 Pyan            2
                 Barbosa         3
                 Dorhak          1
                 Fremea *        5 [A]/ 10.5 [B]
                 Ix              1
                 Wolf            1.5
                 Quarrels        33.5

                 * = MPV.
                 .5= Partial kill does minor (49%<) damage. .5 can be additive