[pnpgm] Game Update #55 - File #494 - Fire from behind...

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:37:32 CET 2019


Yes, set Sails aflame with her fire arrows, then if she sees anything she can shot at that can catch fire fast, she will shoot that, otherwise the people on the ship. Then if she needs to recast, she will go with multi arrow to just bombard the deck of the ship hard. And keep invis up at all times.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 7:52 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #55 - File #494 - Fire from behind...





   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to
Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game
Update #55 sequence (file #494)

----------------------------------------------------------------

        Admin
Notes: None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Recap]


   From Kiet: [Re: Actions]

        Kiet is thrilled
to see the ship to the stern stop dead in the...


        If we end up
passing the ship, launch four Smokeless Flame spells from rings if it
looks like they won’t be able to grapple to us. At these speeds it would
be near suicide anyway.

   GM: Ack.


   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        [Sorry - I forgot
to switch my last update to .txt. Feel free to skip as many phases as
needed to speed things up. I'll try to cover what happens at the right
ties - lol]


        [Apris 27th -
1636th]

        [Time: approx
2:13:40ish]


        Raddok sees the
coward pirate dive below the sea's surface. This...


        (If Dorhak sends
him to have Kiet check the hold, he will then quickly clean his sword on
the dead pirate's clothes & RUN to inform Kiet as per orders.) He
will then move to the side of the ship, somewhere between the front
amidship to central amidship closest to the side the approaching ship is
coming toward, & find a spot behind either barrels or crates where he
can hide from arrows until he can use the ring. (This is what he will do
after any order Dorhak may give him) He hopes, since Arawn said the ring
shot "split darts" at multiple targets, that he would have at
least two fire darts with his shot at the mid-sails of the coming ship.
He will only use it once on the coming ship, so he can try to also hit
the other ship if/when it comes in range, altho' it seems to have slowed?
"Weird, this whole attack," he thinks. "Magic."


        Once in cover, he
grips the great sword with his left hand, keeping it ready, and freeing
his right to use the ring, mentally reviewing the strange magic word that
will trigger the ring. Thank goodness it wasn't a common word like 'fire'
or he'd be in danger of burning the ship under him.

   GM: Ack. Technically only Kiet positioned crates/barrels and
with help form his fast moving boots.  So aside from those around
directly the lockers there is non in forward sections.  Not moved by
anyone.


   From Fremea: [Re: Actions]

        Fremea notices
the one looking her way? Maybe? Well, just in case she will fly to the
side and cast teleport (EL 0) to pop behind their ship and then start
firing, that way it is not taking forever to get there and she can just
stop this damn ship from even getting a chance. And she will also look at
the ship and crew with her Mana sensing.

   GM: Ack.


-------------------------------------------------------------
        [New
Stuff]

        [Apris
27th, 1636TH]
        [Time:
2:09 pm]


   Before the pirates sneak aboard but after Ship A is seen
giving chase, Finn rushed to Dorhak.  “We can't let these ships
escape if you intend to stay in or around Dechan city.  That flag,”
he points to the Marentian flag flapping, “makes this ship easy to
find.  If we let them escape they'll try again in port and with
greater force.”


        [Apris
27th, 1636TH]
        [Time:
2:13:45 pm]
        [Turn 15:
Phase 3 - [Phase 175]]


   Kiet is thrilled to see the ship to the stern stop dead in
the water.  It removes the threat for now.  Kiet stops the mana
spent on the lightning, the expended mana just wasted, but that’s
ok.  He heads off to the bow of the ship as fast as he can go.
"Stay low!" He says as he passes Mournath.


   Raddok sees the coward pirate dive below the sea's surface.
This somehow disturbs him. Maybe the pirate is afraid of being hit - but
where did they all come from in the first place? He turns to Dorhak.
"Captain, something feels very strange about this. Where did those
rats come from - and where did that one disappear to?"
He waits for an answer, then adds to the Captain. "Arawn gave me
this ring. It shoots fire darts. I plan to aim it at the pirate ship's
sails as soon as it's in range - just so you know. I don't know how much
damage it will do till I see it work."


   "Well done all! Let's keep on task."  Dorhak
moves up to join Mournath at the helm. They will work together on when to
turn the ship.


   Arawn continues to magically fly toward ship A which is
moving away.  He now gets within 120 feet.


   Fremea weaves to the side.  Surely he can't be seeing
her?  But regardless this is taking too long.  She decides to
cast a teleport spell and ends up about 30 feet behind ship B.

        [Time:
2:13:48 pm]
        [Turn 15:
Phase 4 - [Phase 176]]


   Arawn flies forward and ends up now 60 feet form ship A.


   Fremea casts fire arrow onto her bow but does not see the
red faint glow of the magic indicating the spell failed.  Now much
closer she can hear them talking and barking orders.  She can't
understand Cerulean but they seem agitated the first ship is actually
falling behind for some reason.


   Raddok continues thinking, his eyes open wide in concern.
"Captain! Could there be something going on below us we cannot
see?" he looks around swiftly & spots Kiet up front. "Is
there a magic way to see what's below us?"


   Dorhak turns to Mournath, "We'll try to maintain enough
distance to keep them from grappling on to our ship. He says to
Mournath.


   Ship A has now fallen behind to 454 feet behind Black
Depths.  Arawn is only 60 feet away and Fremea is only 30 feet
behind Ship B.  Ship B is now 1,810 feet away.

        Actions?
Comments?

        Next
Update...Tuesday/Wednesday?

        GM: I was
going to a bunch of phases since I figure what Fremea will do but Arawn
I'm not sure.  So I can only do 2 phases.  So I had to delete a
lot of stuff I already did due to this.  So sorry its a short
update.


   It will take 16-17 phases for ship B to get within bow range
(300< feet) that's 48 or so seconds.  IF I get enough info for
those 16-17 from Arawn/Frema I can jump us ahead.  It is up to
them.

        GM: Arawn:
- Arawn will get to Ship A next phase.  Range for spell is 20
feet.  Based on average damage it'll take 3-4 spells (2 phases each
spell).  IF get max then maybe only 2 spells.  How many Sonics
do you cast?  Assuming Mast falls then what?  Do any other
actions?


   Fremea- I assume you meant to fire Fire Arrow for sails? You
intend to burn them fully or start fire?  Then what if I do a bunch
of phases how many recasts and any other actions while at ship?


      GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or
less

Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th


Character
Date
Learning          Notes

Raddok
Mar 26th
Marentian
Success

Pyan
Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona   Fail

Pyan
Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona   Success

Kiet
Apr  3rd
Bhamotin
Success

Unali
Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success

Fremea
Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success


Unali
Apr  19th   Cerulean from Arawn Success


Raddok
        Apr
22nd    Cerulean from Arawn Success


Raddok

    Apr  23rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  24rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  25rd    Fomorian from Unali
Failure


Raddok

    Apr  26th    Fomorian from Unali
Success


        GM: Watch
Assignments:


First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix

Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan

Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath

Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa


   GM: Spells



    Player
Spell  EL  Start   Duration ends  Cast #


Arawn
Flight        Max 2:13:36
2:16:48

    1


Fremea Invisibility  Max 2:11:00
2:14:00
2


Z'leyra
Clairvoyance  Max 2:13:00 4:13:00


    1


   GM: Record keeping




Player


Notes




Location


Arawn

        Scale, Bow,
Shield, Sw, Dagger, Helm, Wand   Aft

          Dorhak

        Armor*,
Mace/Shield, Dagger,
Sword
          Amidships

          Fremea

        Leather, Bow,
Dagger,
Sword


    Flying

          Kiet

        Leather*, Dagger,
Bulwark, Shield, Helm, Wand Aft


Ix

        Leather, Helm,
Sword, Bow,
Dagger

    Front


Mae

        Crossbow,
Quilted,
Dagger


Amidships

          Mournath

        Leather, Spear,
Knives



Wheel


Raddok
        Grt Sw,
Dagg, Quilted/Leather,
Helm         Amidships


Unali
        Many daggers,
Sling, Armor, Helm, Bow
Amid-ship

          Z'leyra

        Chain Armor,
Staff, Great Sword, Helm, Bow  Aft




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20190121/260a5bcd/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list