[pnpgm] Game Update #110- File #823 - Gnorf explores cave

Hsingai Altaica draltaica at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 20:49:03 CET 2019


Pyan is betting that that horses don't know the diffrance to and will say something about it.  I'm a bit mentaly exhasted from having some truble programing.  Scott make something some. :P
FYI:https://github.com/DrAlta/PBC/blob/master/HowCanYouPayMana.py is what I've been working on the bast 4 days.
ended up writing a script to write the program for me.(gen*.py in the repo)
--- It is with books as with the fire in our hearths; we go to a neighbor to get the embers and light it when we return home, pass it on to others, and it belongs to everyone. 

    On Saturday, December 28, 2019, 10:11:26 PM EST, pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net> wrote:  
 
 










    
   Character Name  
Type      
Player       
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician  
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

          Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
          Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
          Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
                                                   
          Game
Update #110 sequence (file #823)
          
----------------------------------------------------------------
         
          Admin
Notes: None.
          
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          [Recap]

          
   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]:
          
         Arawn gave Kiet a
weighted smile, gently shaking his head when …
          
          
         "I can do so
or else spirit it, and us, away if need be. But …
          
   GM: Ack.

          
   From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          
         Fremea knows all
the humans will be down for a while, and hears talking outside the cave.
Though something definitely feels more tension and just casual talk, even
if she doesn't understand it, until it is translated to her. At that
point, she recons the area to make sure there is nothing more coming at
them, figuring that Unali will tell the others the humans are all knocked
out.
          
   GM: Ack. I assume you mean leave the cave?

          
   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
          
         Raddok was
becoming distracted from translating - his discovery …
          
   GM: Ack.

          
   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
          
         Dorhak turns to
Raddok and says in Marentian "understood.  Go do …
          
   GM: Ack.

          
   From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          
         Kiet does a
double-take.  Snake?  Who the hell said anything about
snakes!  He whips out his tulwar and casts an EL3 Detection spell
for serpents. If found, he will attack it without hesitation.
          
         Why did it have
to be snakes.
          
   GM: Ack.  

          
   From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
          
         As Dorhak invites
the Besamar into the cave, he calls out to the …

          
         
"Z'leyra.  Mournath. You two watch the cave entrance and make
sure …
          
   GM: Ack.

          
   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          
         OOC:   
          
         Not sure if Arawn
heard about the snake but if he did or notices Kiet about to kill the
snake Arawn, as a druid, will attempt to save it (assuming it's not a
kotothi or chaos serpent). He'll call to it in Tongue of the Tonah
(casting Forest Talk instead if the snake doesn't seem to understand him)
and pick it up to be carried to safety (if it's willing) or else at least
ask Kiet to not kill it before urging the snake to seek cover away from
hooves and feet.
          
   GM: Ack.

          
   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
          
         Raddok, looking
quickly about himself, sees their group ….
          
   GM: Ack. 

          
   From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          
         Z'leyra will
assist Raddok in his search while keeping a sharp eye …
          
   GM: Ack.
          
          
--------------------------------------------------------------------
          [New
Stuff]

          [Ma 3rd,
1636TH]          

          [Time:
4:35 am – Besam, Eastern Lands]


          
   Arawn gave Kiet a weighted smile, gently shaking his head
when the acrobatic elementalist offered to glamour the tome. 

          
   "I can do so or else spirit it, and us, away if need
be. But thank you."

          
   The Alfar turned his attention back to the conversation
taking place at the cave entrance, confident in the ability of Unali and
Fremea to keep the humans in check. His brow furrowed, lips pursed as
Dorhak addressed the Besamer with the crude grit common to dwarves. It
was one thing to act entitled when a stranger in a strange land - bad
enough that is! - but it seemed Dorhak little understand his cousins.

          
   The besamer, as he recalled, were a peaceful and gentle
people, preferring to heal and protect without prejudice. A far cry from
most dwarves indeed! In fact, what he knew of them endeared such folk to
him, the Alfar having wished to meet the Besamer if the stories were in
fact true!?

          
   Gnorf seemed wise enough to not push for a battle without
necessity but if Dorhak didn't adapt the Alfar worried that an
unnecessary battle could ensue. Stepping out from cover, the tome
carefully tucked away, he made his way towards the entrance where the
kin-folk argued.? When he came into Gnorf's field of vision the druid
smiled, his manner indicating a peaceful approach. He stopped close to
Dorhak's side.

          
   "Greetings, wise Gnorf. I am Arawn, a healer by nature
and druid by training," he said, trying to ease any wariness of the
besamer's part.

          
   "These are not dwarves," he quietly informed
Dorhak. "These men are besamer, kin but as different to dwarves as
night and day. They are gentle but strong, preferring peace in a way most
people would fail to understand. I know you speak honestly with them but
try to think, they do not know you to trust you and only seek a fair
investigation of the truth. Perhaps a more diplomatic approach might be
best."

          
   Gnorf glances at Arawn over Dorhak's shoulder, he frowns and
lowers his mace slightly but raises it again.  “You got to be...a
elf with him..and them?”  He nods at Dorhak and then the
humans.  He steps back a foot, “there are some of them,” he nods at
Dorhak, “who help the raiders for rum.  But you...you!  I’ve
never heard of such in my life!”

          
   Raddok was becoming distracted from translating - his
discovery in these gear bags among the sleepers needed to be shared
immediately. "Dorhak!" he called softly. "Listen to me -
these 'raiders' are not warriors! They are carrying mining gear and ore.
They are probably thieving from the folks outside. We need to let them
know what we found & let one or two of them in to see what's here
& who we are." He spoke first in Marentian, for the party to
understand his discovery, then repeated it quickly & more quietly in
Dwarf Elder. He notices Arawn with the book, but pays no further
attention, as Arawn could deal with that issue easily, he was sure.

          
   Gnorf looks at Raddok and then at Dorhak, “see your
labor-human is even aware we speak the truth. Based on those hands of his
he knows what he speaks.” Then he realizes something, “wait..wait...you?”
He looks at Dorhak surprised.  “Is the leader of this party you
..brought these raiders?”

          
   Gnorf glances over his shoulder and speaks in his native
tongue which isn't close to Dwarf elder and speaks quickly to those
outside.  First a few chuckles are heard then surprise
silence.  

          
   Dorhak turns to Raddok and says in Marentian,
"understood.  Go do a thorough search for bows and red fletched
arrows. Take whoever you need to help. Quickly!" 

          
   Turning back to Gnipp? No, that’s not right. Gnopp. 
No!  Gnorff!  Yeah, that’s it. Gnorff.  Anyway, turning
back to Gnorff, Dorhak looks at him for a moment while he sucks on his
teeth, as if while trying to decide something.  Then he silently
nods his head and says, in Dwarf Elder, "Well!  It seems
there’s more to you than just being an exhibitionist.  You’re a
brave one too, coming here alone.  I’ll tell you what. How about I
invite you into this little cave so you can see for yourself what is
happening.  But know this: only slaves surrender their arms on
demand.  And none of us takes kindly to that thought.  We won’t
surrender. But you have my word you will not be harmed or held
here."

          
   Fremea slips quietly and invisibly toward cave entrance and
past Dorhak and Gnorf.  Gnorf feels something brush past him but is
busy hearing Dorhak be a stubborn dwarf.  He quietly mentally shrugs
it off and ignores it to be wind.

          
   Gnorf shoulder gently but overtly pushes Dorhak to the side
and moves inside the cave.  “Invite into our cave...that's funny
young hairy one.”

          
   As Dorhak invites the Besamar into the cave, he calls out to
the people outside of the cave, "If he's in here longer than 15
minutes, do what you think you must." 

          
   "Z'leyra.  Mournath. You two watch the cave
entrance and make sure they don’t try anything foolish."  Then
he looks over to Gnorf and says, "While I would not kill you, I
would make sure you understood that if they try anything you will regret
ever meeting us." 

          
   "Oh, and watch out for snakes." 

          
   Kiet pulls his tulwar out making Gnorf watch him
intently.  Then Gnorf sees Kiet's face.  “Lemansan?” He turns
to Dorhak.  “You are working with a Lemasan so the story you give is
false?”

          
   Kiet cringes his eyes and face.  If Unali is aroud and
he might call her one as well? 

          
   Raddok, looking quickly about himself, sees their group
rather scattered out now,but asks Z'leyra to help him search for the bows
and red-fletched arrows Dorhak is asking about. He requests her help in
the search, sending her to head back behind the horses, and that end of
the cave, toward his left, & he heads to the right, already
remembering some interesting things he had found among the mining gear,
checking into the shadowy areas behind the supplies and heading to where
the miners were sleeping, staying toward one wall and leaving the other
wall for Z'leyra, and searching quickly but thoroughly. He gathers some
items he feels are interesting, taking a few & leaving others where
he finds them.

          
   The miners are either deeply asleep or unconscious, it
seems. Raddok doesn't bother to spare a quick glance around for Fremea,
merely smiling slightly grimly.

          
   Z'leyra will assist Raddok in his search while keeping a
sharp eye out for any snakes.

          
   Gnorf keeps one eye out on the shifty Lemasan and shifts the
torch in his right and mace in left.  His shield is on his right arm
but at a moments reach if drop torch.  Gnorf eyes the horses. 
“Yes Harn brands.  One day we'll just keep the horses and not deport
them.”  He moves to paralyzed guard and nods.  “Lemasan as well
I see.  Is he dead?”  He kicks the paralyzed man but sees no
reaction other than his eyes flicker.  With a right boot he slips
the man's left sleeve upwards. To reveal 2 small stripes – brands. 
He nods, “so this one has been deported twice. A 3rd he won't return
home.  So this is his last chance.”

          
   As Z'leyra and Kiet search around the horses the shadows are
long and drawn.  While it is cramped space the snake could be hidden
anywhere.  

          
   Gnorf moves to back of cave and watches Kiet, “what is he
looking for?”

          
   Raddok follows Gnorf and rounds the corner.  The torch
shines brightly and reveals a small niche about 30 feet long and 25 wide
at places.  But still shadows prolong due to rocks and
outcroppings.  

          
   Dorhak wonders where Unali is not seeing her?

          
   Gnorf waves the torch over the sleeping Lemasans.  He
kicks one or two and gets grunts so realizes they are knocked out. 
The Dwarf sighs, “that will make things difficult to transport to the
village.  But sure enough all of these are Lemasans.  A smaller
group than usual.  But it is a early season for them.”

          
   Raddok with the torch light sees a few daggers and
swords.  But notices the one bow and a quiver of red, orange and
green fletched arrows.  He motions for Dorhak and nods to the
Quiver. Dorhak subtly nods and finds the killer more likely.

          
   Gnorf moves back to main cave.  

          
   Kiet has cast his spell to find snakes but it doesn’t' seem
to give him clues?

          
   Arawn tries to call to the snake but gets no response. 
Could the snake have left cave?

          
   Gnorf stares at Kiet and Arawn speaking oddly especially
Arawn.  He leans over to whisper to Dorhak, “is he a
bit..slow?  And that one he trying to find spiders?”  He nods
at Kiet after looking at Arawn.

          
   Outside Fremea flies up and then to tree level.  She
tries the best she can to be quiet and scout the area.  She knows
dwarves aren't elves so can not hide as well as elves.  But in a few
seconds she counts 4 other dwarves on this side of clearing.  There
may be as many on other side.  But will have to move to find them.
At one point a dwarf hears her but does not spot her.

          
   All of them have no beards as well.

          
   Back inside, Gnorf turns to Dorhak.  “I assume you are
….the leader.  Our cousins do not tend to help
these...raiders.  But some do.  I take it you are one of
them.  Especially with that one over there.”  He shrugs to
Kiet.  “So it is late and I'm tired.  You can yield your arms
and escort the Lemasans to our village. The Elders will decide your fate
and theirs.  Or...we can make things ugly. We are in your rights
here.  This is our land...you cousin share our land under our wise
eyes. But don't dishonor that by fighting back.  By disarming this
ensures your safety, theirs and our village.  We have females and
young ones there after all.”

          
   Moves to entrance, “I'll let you decide...I'll give you 5
minutes.  After that things will need to be dealt with. 
Frankly, I prefer this to go down peacefully. So I can go home and drink
my ale.  Who knows!  I could even share some ale with you
cousin if you cooperate.”

          
   He shoulders past Mournath.  Then turns around. 
“It is your decision.”    
          
          
   “Of course,” he turns around, 'the murder on our land will
have to be investigated.  If what you say is true you'll be
deported.  If we deem followup then a visit to Kril Bes maybe in
order.”

          GM:
Actions? Comments?

          
    Next update...Saturday...

          GM: Wanted
to do more.  But lack of sleep fubared that.  So I think we are
at a good place.  Stuff happened.  I would try a update Wed but
it is new years and gotta do year end stuff and may have stuff to do that
day. So best is Saturday.  Monday is my last day off till
September.  Then its 8 months of 5 day work weeks.  :< 
So back to old routine.  So either Monday/Wed or Sat updates. 
Since Monday would be my 'Friday' its end of week so I can try updates
those days and chances are good.  If not can try Tue/Wed and then
try again Sat for 2 updates a week depending on things.  Happy New
Years as 2020 approaches!

          GM: Damage 

          
         
   
Player        
         Damage
          
         Barbosa 
  
         16+4+1+5 [Unclear
fully, Revived]
          
         Unali 
    
         
         6
          
         Raddok 
   
         1 [1 Healing]
          
         Arawn 
    
         
         5
          
     
Z'leyra     
         4


_______________________________________________
pnpgm mailing list
pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191229/fedfa359/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list