[pnpgm] Game Update #109 - File #813 - Gnorf steps up

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Dec 22 04:05:30 CET 2019


    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #109 sequence (file #813)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 If Kiet sees Arawn has the book, 
Kiet offers "Would you like me 

            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [RE: Actions]
                 “This has become serious!  We 
found a dead human nearby!  Now we 

            GM: Ack.

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 Z’leyra...you are the only 
character that knows what the horses said about 
the snake.  Gonna say anything to the rest of us?

                 Arawn found the book...is he going to say so?

                 Basically, the rest of us can 
only react to these things by presuming unless we tell each other.

                 Are there other things?
            GM: Ack. Horses just reacted in 
fright and that was about it.  They did what they 
do move away from the creature.  Its obvious 
Arawn found book to those who look.  But you have 
a point there.  POV and rping is important. ;) 
Part is my fault in that I tend to forget one 
detail in every update.  I always say 'oopps I 
forgot' but it happens.  But yes players could react for sure. :)

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra says in Marentian "These 
animals are skittish about there 

            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 As Dorhak speaks to the group 
outside, Raddok translates both sides 

            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]

         [Time: 4:35 am – Besam, Eastern Lands]

            Kiet sees no other of his Lemasan 
comrades stirring anymore and bows back to the 
main cave.  He sees Arawn holding the book as the 
Alfar listens  to the outside voice.

            Kiet offers.  "Would you like me to 
place a Glamour on the book to hide what it 
really is?  Or put it in a bag and Glamour that if the book is resistant."

            Gnorf yells out, “this has become 
serious!  We found a dead human nearby! Now we 
will need to investigate this and my rum will get 
too warm tonight! Surrender now and we'll not smoke you out.”

            "Serious!  SERIOUS!?  We’ve been 
chasing the humans that we think killed that 
other human, though that is no loss.  He tried to 
enslave my kin, stole from me, then brought us 
here, to wherever this place is.  He received his 
reward, but his murderers then stole from 
him!  They are mine to do with as I please, as 
their actions have cost me dearly in gold and 
effort.  As for the humans that are with me, they 
are my crew and all I really want to do is make 
my way back to home and my ship."

            “As for surrender, I warn you to 
reconsider.  I am Captain Dorhak Red Wall, made 
red from the blood of those who tried to pass 
through this wall!  We are not your enemy, but by 
Dvallin I will not yield to some pre-pubescent 
blowhard that doesn’t even have the decency to 
cover himself properly.  I and my crew are not to 
be trifled with by the likes of you, nor do I 
believe you could even come close to 
succeeding.  Now, should you wish me to send out 
the human thieves for you to take your angst out 
upon them, then so be it.  Happy to be rid of 
them.  Once we extract from them what is mine, of 
course, with interest, and most certainly including penalties with prejudice!”

            From the woods snickers is heard when 
Dorhak mentions the part of be wary of the wall 
and the details.  Then more snickers as he insults the outside dwarves.

            Dorhak continues, “Since you now know 
we are not here by trespass, but by treachery, 
will you continue your base and gratuitous 
accusations and force us to teach you a lesson in 
civility or shall we discuss things like, well, 
if not Dwarves, then at least like Elders should.”

            Z'leyra says in Marentian, "These 
animals are skittish about there being a snake 
nearby." She looks around and if too dark for her 
eyes triggers her helm to allow her to see in the dark.

            As Dorhak speaks to the group 
outside, Raddok translates both sides of the 
conversation to the group members close by. He 
has noticed that a few have disappeared (probably 
heading back to handle the sleeping group with 
the book, he earlier had mused, but translating 
now kept his attention focused to the group 
outside). As Dorhak explains their presence to 
the dwarves (dwarves?) outside, he begins to find 
himself grinning - their sturdy Captain certainly 
knows how to trim the beard (uh, no beards?) of 
those strangers outside. Concise words Dorhak 
speaks, with no diplomatic padding on them, but 
very dwarven. Raddok, grinning, had trouble to 
keep from laughing at the straight way Dorhak 
spoke. Nice to have things clearly out in the 
open, for once - no mollycoddling here.

            Well, now, he wonders, as he 
straightened up in pride at Dorhak's 
forthrightness, would they accept the Captain's 
angry explanation, and offer peace - or a truce? 
Or would there still be a fight? Thinking of 
that, Raddok suddenly remembers the sleeping 
enemy behind them in the cave - they seemed 
awfully quiet... He finds himself feeling very alert as Dorhak's words end.

            Then Raddok notices something. He 
moves toward the horses but mainly toward the 
bags.  He glances at the paralyzed guard nearby 
and examines his clothing and hands from afar.

            Fremea slips back to the main cave 
now that the others are knocked out. No real 
threat.  She wonders if she should slip outside to scout the enemy?

            Raddok kneels near Arawn and begins 
to look at the bags of gear quickly.

            Outside Gnorf signals his allies in 
hand signals.  Dorhak can't read them at this 
angle and distance.  A flurry of signals must be 
sent back and forth.  Gnorf seems a bit agitated.  Dorhak grins.

            Gnorf turns to his right and signals to the others.

            He turns to the cave.  “This is 
foolish.  You are outnumbered.  You are in a land 
with thousands of us.  If you say you are 
stranger here we would welcome you but you must 
submit first!  For our protection and yours!”

            With that he shifts his shield and 
mace in other hand in a stance.  He then moves 
toward the cave.  Dorhak raises his shield and mace as well.

            “Move aside!  I will assess 
situation.  If further actions need to be done we'll see then.”

             Gnorf stops 4 feet from 
Dorhak.  “Move aside cousin or this will not end 
well.  If you consider taking me prisoner this 
cave will be overrun in moments! You are in our 
land and you abide our rules or suffer.  Even 
...”  he spits onto the ground.  “Bearded cousins who don't know their place!”

            Arawn listens and is starting to 
understand the one known as Gnorf.  He seeks 
compromise but is determined to get this settled quickly.

            Raddok after opening 3 bags nods to 
himself.  These Lemaitre are not warriors but 
miners.  Based on their gear they are seeking 
resources.  This confirms Gnorfs story of raiders 
from some place called Harn into Besam.  The 
Lemasans must want a hold into the rich deposits the dwarves have.

            Gnorf stares at Dorhak and smirks at 
the red suit.  But Dorhak wonders if in a 
different place and time these two might be best 
friends? Dorhak has forgotten his own past like 
Barbosa.  A outcast among his own people.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Saturday...

         GM: A good place to stop.  We'll see how 
others react.  Happy Christmas to all out 
there!  I hope the holidays are wonderful to you 
and hope you get joy and presents.  Will try for 
one final update for 2019.  Would try Tue/Wed but 
its holiday so will try Saturday.

         GM: Damage

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5 [Unclear fully, Revived]
                 Unali                   6
                 Raddok          1 [1 Healing]
                 Arawn                   5
               Z'leyra           4




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191221/83670d76/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list