[pnpgm] Game Update #108 - File #807 - Intros and Threats

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 18 20:50:13 CET 2019













    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #108 sequence (file #807)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 Kiet hears his language spoken 
and makes a quick decision.  He 


                 If any of them make hostile 
moves, Kiet will throw EL2 Abandons on 
them.  Ring fire if an emergency, then tulwar.
            GM: Ack.

            From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
                 Nods silently and follows behind 
him, looking ahead to see where 

            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok, prepared to stay near 
Dorhak as ordered, & preparing in ...

                 (His personal preference, & own 
personal immediate action, is to have the party 
(the obvious members), gather behind Dorhak, so 
the dwarf is clearly visible to the outside 
dwarves, but have party members turned partially 
toward the cave residents, to protect themselves 
& show less possible risk to the dwarves outside. 
But also be prepared for a 2-sided fight, if 
necessary. What these dwarves want, & what the 
cave residents have supposedly done, none of the adventurers' party know yet.)

                 [My new Win10 is working great, 
but having Office download problems (outdated & 
need an alternative to save my stories, etc) so 
still directly responding by email. Have 
excellent IT friend & relative both available to 
help, though - by email & Discord chat – lol]
            GM: Ack.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Z'leyra, holding her staff casts 
Clairvoyance on herself at max EL.
            GM: Ack

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions[
                 The Captain reaches out to 
Raddok and says "Translate for the others."
            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 Dorhak realizes that the people 
in the cave, whether or not they 

            GM: Ack.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea hears strange sounds of 
yelling outside, it seems familiar, 

            GM: Ack.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 OOC:
                 Arawn will quietly translate the 
conversation to the party if Raddok/Kiet are 
busy/too far away as he speaks both Dwarf Elder and Lemasan.

                 IC:
                 Arawn watched as Raddok joined 
Dorhak near the entrance and Kiet 


                 OOC:
                 If a fight seems like it's about 
to happen he'll cast Battle Mind at max EL (boost 
with supernatural tongue) and include anyone who 
doesn't explicitly say they wish to be left out 
of the spell. He'll start with those closest but 
will not include Z'leyra as he should recognize 
her Clairvoyance spell and doesn't want to risk 
the two spells interacting poorly.
            GM: Ack. I'll try to remember spell. :)

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 As Dorhak's order, Raddok 
immediately starts a translation of what he heard 
to his companions, from the unknown party outside 
the cave. He knows he will be heard, but - what 
the hey ? - everyone who could be awakened was 
probably awake by now. He's just relieved he can 
pass this conversation along. He remains alert for action.
            GM: Ack.

         --------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]

         [Time: ?:?? am – Unknown]

            Kiet hears his language spoken and 
makes a quick decision.  He reaches over to 
Pyandalgor and taps him on the shoulder.  "Come 
with me!" He says quietly. He moves toward the 
source of the Lemasan language he heard.

            When he gets close enough to start 
talking to them, he calls out (a loud whisper in 
Lemasan) "Quiet, you fools!  They'll hear you!  Quiet!"

            Pyan nods silently and follows behind 
Kiet, looking ahead to see where Kiet is leading 
him still unsure of what he has planned.

            Raddok, prepared to stay near Dorhak 
as ordered, & preparing in his mind which of the 
sleepers might be the best target, is shocked by 
the sudden call from outside - Dwarves!? Here?! 
This is a conundrum. Do they now have one enemy or two?

            Hopefully, the human party are 
thieves or trespassers & the dwarves have a 
legitimate agenda, but in any case, the party was 
not connected with either those in front of or behind them, outside.

            Preparing his mace & shield, since 
the horses seem to be quiet enough, Raddok looks 
to Dorhak for a clue on what to do.

            The Captain reaches out to Raddok and 
says, "Translate for the others."

            Dorhak realizes that the people in 
the cave, whether or not they are the people we 
were following, probably are plenty awake and aware now.  Just great.  Is
nothing simple anymore?  He quickly chides 
himself, however, on not leaving watch at the mouth of the cave.  Stupid.

            He walks out toward the cave 
entrance, purposely letting them see him, but 
keeping his shield ready and mace in hand.  He 
yells out, in Dwarf Elder "Cease
your silly bellyaching!  We were just trying to 
find someplace dry.  Besides, by Goibnu's mug how 
the hell are we supposed to know it’s you land?  I thought
it was Kotothi land, by the gods, with the 
evidence we saw.  You allow snake headed gorillas on your land?  Are ye daft?"

            Dorhak finally gets a good look at 
the person he thinks used the dwarf's own 
language.  "My name is Captain Dorhak.  And just who might you be?"  A short
pause (pun intended) then he says "and what the 
hells are you?  By Dvallin's plaited hair!  Your 
face is naked!  Have you no sense of decency or modesty?"

            Fremea hears strange sounds of 
yelling outside, it seems familiar, yet does not 
place it. She thinks that it would be best if she 
makes sure the others will not wake up and 
continues on her way to put another one to sleep.

            She will use her wings slightly to 
move with her levitation to the next one, quickly paralyzing the next one.

            Arawn watched as Raddok joined Dorhak 
near the entrance and Kiet took Pyan in the 
opposite direction. Pressing up against the wall 
or moved to hide amidst the horses, whichever 
afforded the most cover and as his training 
dictated, he considered the possibility of 
battle. Hoping that diplomacy or stealth would 
prevent this he still decided it would be best to prepare for the worst.

            "I'll join us in a Battle Mind if a 
fight seems inevitable," he whispered to those still present.

            Kiet and Pyan round the corner to see a dark set of forms
  One seems motionless as the rest start to 
stir.    Pyan feels a breeze past him and wonders if that is Fremea?

            Fremea levitating pulled her bag to 
her chest and grabbed the flask of paralytic 
poison.  With one hand holding flash and other 
her dagger she dips the dagger in flask.  Then 
levitates over to the stirring forms.

            One sits up on his elbows and looks around, “what is going on?”

            Then suddenly before Fremea gets to 
him the man is knocked to the ground 
unmoving.  Fremea wonders if Unali is here but 
the darkness is deep and no time to investigate.

            Another does the same now sitting up 
on his butt looks around and hears the outside 
folks.  “They caught us!” He moves to wake 
another but Fremea swipes her dagger against his 
arm deep enough to cause a gash and the man falls back unable to move.

            Outside the spokesperson waves his 
torch, “it is late do we have to do this 
?  Fine.  We'll do the routine!  I am Gnorf 
Knarlfinger and you are in the territory of 
Besam!  You know this already and are 
trespassers.  You know the routine surrender, 
leave your weapons.  We'll take you into 
custody.  Go to our nearby village.  Then in 
morning start the usual deportation process!  To 
make things simple for you humans we'll kick your 
butts out of our lands.  Surrender now and it'll 
be peaceful as usual.  Deny us and we'll take you 
by force – that means lethal force which is 
granted to us!  Listen you are surrounded by 
overwhelming forces and in a cave we know only 
has one exit.  It is late and I have rum getting warm!  Let's get this done!”

            Dorhak stares at the unbearded 
man-dwarf? Did he say Besam?  As in Besamar long 
cousins of the dwarves? He has never seen one.

            From outside a figure speaks to the 
leader in a language not known but Dorhak turns 
to check and no one knows it could it be the Besam native language?

            The leader steps forward 5 paces and 
squints at the entrance.  “Captain you are a 
dwarf? You are helping these Harn ...pond scum?”

            Then a figure to Dorhak's left and 
Gnorf's right approaches.  Another dwarf with no 
beard.  He whispers to Gnorf waving to where the 
party came from. Gnorf does hand signals to the hidden dwarves.

            “This has become serious!  We found a 
dead human nearby!  Now we will need to 
investigate this and my rum will get too warm 
tonight!  Surrender now and we'll not smoke you out.”

            Arawn hears this and knows these 
people from his studies.  Not everything but in a 
generic sense.  Is this the Eastern Lands? That 
would mean they have indeed ended up thousands of 
miles away.  That would explain the 
darkness.  But then Arawn sees it.  The book!  By 
the first guard paralyzed.  Just behind the 
lantern.  Could they have tried to read it?  It 
is just collecting dust now.  He bends down and 
dusts it off.  It seems in good shape.

            By now all the Lemasans are paralyzed 
or knocked out.  Kiet, Pyan and Fremea return to 
main cave.  Course that means they can't alibi their story.

            Everyone looks at Dorhak for orders now.

            Dorhak hears rustling outside but it is hard to tell numbers.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Wednesday?

         GM: A good spot to end for now.  Was 
going to do larger update but stuff got in 
way.  Tuesday is last tue/thur of doc visits so 
after 6 months will have a bit more free 
time.  (doc visits for mom) So I can try to do 
update Wednesday and maybe Saturday if we push 
it.  Then Xmas is week after.  Then maybe 
28t?  So can try 2-3 more updates before end of 
year.  Then after that it'll be 5 day work weeks 
:< for 8 months so that'll give a chance for 2 
updates a week again.  We can hope. 
:)  People.txt updated to note Gnorf's name.

                 Well that was the plan 
above.  This is a PS.  I had update DONE saturday 
then staff quit on me early  So could not 
distrubite.  Can't fire them.  Can't beat 
them.  What can you do!  Sorry for delay.  So new 
schedule? I can try to do a update 
Saturday?  Next week being Xmas will be busy so 
maybe 1226? Or that saturday? Will try.  Sorry

         GM: Damage

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5 [Unclear fully, Revived]
                 Unali                   6
                 Raddok          1 [1 Healing]
                 Arawn                   5
               Z'leyra           4




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20191218/dfea86ad/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list