[pnpgm] Game Update #71 - File #568 - Wrym Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 18 07:44:43 CEST 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #71 sequence (file #568)

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions[
                 OOC...I don’t know if Kiet went
to bed after his shift or where he is.

                 Bic...back in context
As soon as he becomes aware of the horrid
creature, he will launch fire from his ring(s) as
necessary to put it down...assuming it
works.  Purposely not reading that section before determining action.
            GM: Ack.  I figured all are awake thus see map.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Apris 30, ~8 AM

                  Raddok is awake by 7 AM, and
although the day promises to be warm, past
experience aboard has him donning his leather
armor (he doesn't want to wear the quilted and
get it all damp with sweat - it sticks to him
more than the leather) & helmet. Since it's an
even-numbered day, he dons his mace & dagger, but
sets his shield on top of his locker before
sitting down to have breakfast. He is wearing his
magic ring (He hasn't removed it since he got it.)

                  When the Wyrm attacks, Raddok
is startled with the others into action, and
starts to run for his shield, but then sees Kiet
firing his own fire ring, and Raddok turns
swiftly toward the beast & fires his own ring
once at it (unless the lockers are blocking his
view [since I don't currently know where he's
located on the ship] - if the lockers are in the
way, he will continue to head for his shield,
ducking slightly & cursing under his breath, but
he prepares to use the ring as soon as he has a
visible target in range - which seems likely).
After firing off the ring once, he continues to
head for his shield, and will draw his mace.
            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions
                 [Now knowing Raddok's position
(why was he in the secret hold? On orders, an
errand? I don't fee he'd just wander there unless
he was storing something for someone. My
questions are: 1) is the secret hatch door open?
- and how far from the actual top deck is Raddok
located (i.e.: is he at bottom of stairs or in
back of the secret hold & how many phases to get
up to the deck & see the Wyrm/) -- just want to
know how many phases until he can actually fight]

                 Once enough phases have passed
for Raddok to reach the top deck (unless he's
already at the secret hold's doorway), Raddok
will see the Wyrm ahead of him along the port
side of the ship at the far end of the ship (just
over 60' away & slightly out of range for the
ring). He slams the hold' cover/door & starts
running for his shield & will fire his ring once
after he reaches the lockers, because he wants to
be sure he's  in range of the beast, but wants
his shield before he tries firing a 2nd time.
            GM: Ack. Why there who knows.  Could
be checking hull integrity who knows. Hatch could
be open since it gets very hot in that hold.  At
least until in port or a storm.  It'd probably
take a phase to get back up to top deck.  Its all a random placement. :)

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions
                 As soon as she heard Corona's
warning Z'leyra triggers her boots speed
enhancement while grabbing her staff and drum.
She casts Orient self on herself at EL4 (which
will increase her casting speed with other
shamanic spells) while positioning herself near
the center of the ship. Upon seeing the wyrm she
yells out "It is surrounded by poison vapor!" as
she then casts a shamanic max EL Protection from
Chaos spell through her staff to help protect the
party while hindering the wyrm. Following this
she will cast thru her staff a max EL Abandon
spell on the wyrm to give the party one phase of
ambush bonus in their attacks on it.

                 She will try to stay out of melee range of the wyrm.

         [Apris 30th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 8:03:00 am]
         [Phase 1]

            Corona dives toward the beast with
the green-gray-cloud of poison around it.  He
fires his magical eyes to unleash a fire dart
like beam but it splashes into the water nearby.

            Fremea takes to the air and grabs her
bow on her back.  She knocks the bow and fires an
arrow.  But it goes wild and she misses.

            Zol Zim growls but remains in place
next to Ix until ordered otherwise.

            The Wyrm raises his neck and tries to
bite at Fremea as she moves past but she is too agile and he misses.

            Unali draws both daggers but remains
in place having recalled something in the past.

            Arawn backs away from the edge out of
his range of the neck and yells that's he's doing a battle mind spell.

            The sailors pulls weapons and get
close but are wary of the cloud especially seeing
both Arawn and Unali backing away – a very bad sign.

            Pyan moves to the lockers and grabs his bow and quiver.

            Mournath runs port side and grabs his spear.

            Kiet moves from the aft toward the
creature to get closer for his rings.

            Z'leyra activates her boots and yells
out, “It is surrounded by poison vapor!" Then prepares to cast a spell.

            Raddok hears the yelling in the
smuggler's hold and doesn't get the full details.
Maybe its Barbosa swinging from the rigging yet
again and Dorhak yelling. But he decides to climb
the stairs.  Upon getting topside he blinks at
the sight of the beast.  Then moves slightly forward.

            Barbosa runs to grab his mace from
the lockers and hears Z'leyra and slows a bit worried.

            Dorhak grabs his mace and hopes Arawn
has a plan as he moves lightly toward the beast.

            Mae in the hold hears nothing.

            Ix tries to figure out what is going
on but her magical sight-blindness gives less
details than possible at this range.

                         -------

         [Time: 8:03:04 am]
         [Phase 2]

            Fremea fires her bow and hits the
beast but the arrow bounces off his tough hide.

            Pyan fires his own bow but his arrow misses.

            Corona dives again but fails to hit again with his eyes.

            Kiet triggers both of his rings now
in range by the southern lockers. Both smokeless
flames hit the beast and do 35 and 25
points.  The beast screams and writhes in pain.

            Raddok now a few feet ahead of Kiet
raises his hand and invokes his own magical
shifter ring.  This is slightly different and a
fire dart and even with the beasts high magical
defense the dart hits on his neck and does 17 more points of damage.

            The Wyrm screams and shakes his head
in pain as he has lost over 70% of his life in a
few seconds.  It turns and dives under the water going deep.

            The ship looks and wait.  The water
is quiet and the air is tense.  Corona and Fremea
circle and try to spot the creature.  But the
water is deep as much as 300-400 feet deep and
murky so hard to see below the waves.

            Finally it seems the danger is
gone.  It seems the beast has fled to save his
own life.  But some figure the beast will
remember this ship and the Black Depths has a new
powerful enemy under the waves.

            Unali sheaths her daggers she reminds
the group, "When we met one of these creatures on
the grass plains Thig mentioned that they are
great hoarders of treasure. It should have a lair
or something nearby where its treasure may be
found, but I have no means to find it."

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Saturday?

         GM: Ok.  That was shorter than I
expected.  Even with a MDV 27 good rolls on those
rings.  Oh well.  But I rolled and he fled.  A
decade ago I'd have beast fight to death.  But
I'm a diff gm now. :) Not many loot treasure
resolutions folks?  I figure that'd be settled by
now.  We move on.  Saturday I'll do a 'where are
we now – what do we know' update.  A adventure
recap.  Then maybe end up at Vahear.  We'll
see.  Sorry for delays.  Last Wednesday I was so
blurry of eyes (eye bug?) I did non vital stuff
on pc.  Last few chance for IBT/Language updates.

         GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning          Notes
                   Pyan          Apr  27th     Fomorian From Unali Failure
                   Pyan          Apr  28th     Fomorian From Unali Failure
                   Pyan          Apr  29th     Fomorian From Unali Success
                     ---     Apr  30-Ma 2nd?

         GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10am) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix

--
                    Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath