[pnpgm] Game Update #38 - File #371 - Giant Combat Turn 1: Phase 3+4

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 23 02:48:45 CEST 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #38 sequence (file #371)

         From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
           Dorhak is quite uncertain what good he can do, but knows it's
           best  not to show such hopelessness to the crew.  He himself
           has no way  to reach out the distance to hurt the giant, so he
           calls out to   the crew "those of you spell casters that can
           damage something...
         GM: Ack. Keep in mind speech to phase time. :)  What is said
             in 3 seconds isn't much. :) So may take a bit of phases.

           [Apris 10th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 2:26:07 pm]
           [Turn 1: Phase 2]

             Unali emerges from the stairs and spots the giant.  She sees
           Arawn ahead of her and yells, "Can you get me out there to stop
           t? Arawn, if we can fly..."  As she moves toward the back of
           the ship.

           [Time: 2:26:07 pm]
           [Turn 1: Phase 3]

             Arawn halts and allocates magical energy to cast
           his first of several spells.

             Z'leyra watches as the giant approaches and grabs her
           drum to begin to expend energy for her own spells.

              Corona dives toward the giant for a 3rd attempt at a blast.
           He is frustrated he missed such a large target twice before.
           This time the blast from his magical eyes hits the giant
           in the shoulder doing 3 points of damage.  The giant stops
           only for a half second to bat his shoulder as if a fly
           had bit him and growls.

             Fremea fires her own bow and hits the giant' dead in the
           center of his cheat doing 9 points (6 penetrate) through
           his tough hide plus another 6 points of fire damage due to
           the magical fire.  The giant growls begins to bat the fire
           from his tunic out as he continues to move.

             Pyan fires his bow but the arrow goes wild and hits the ocean.

             Mournath takes a aim right for the head of the creature with
           a clear target in mind.  It takes him a couple seconds to
           count the sways as the giant moves back and forth.  Back
           and forth.  Figuring out where his main target is as he
           sways left and fires!   The arrow flies right for the
           giant's head as planned.  The giant tilts his head just
           at the last second and bam!  the arrow hits his right
           eye doing 13 points of damage.  The eye ball explodes oozing
           eye matter all over his right  cheek.  The giant roars in
           pain and anger.  Placing a hand to his eye as he stops!

             The crew watches in amazement at the luck of that shot!
           No one breathes.  Then the giant sneers in sheer rage and
           glances at the ship.  Now he is pissed and Mournath gulps
           wondering if this will be very bad.

             Z'leyra begins to tap her drum and begins the orientation of
           her shamanic trance.

             Arawn casts his Battle Mind Spell to group the tactical
           subconscious of Pyan, Mae, Ix, Kiet and Mournath.  Those affected
           feel the tingle and realize the cohesion is starting to work.

              Kiet glances behind him was that Pyan or Mournath.  Then he
            sees the expression of triumph then horror on Mournath's face
            and realizes it was him.  Kiet figures the sailor would be
            a nice snack with little fat on his bones.

             The giant then moves faster toward the ship ready to tear it
           apart and eat some smelly humans.  He gets about 60 feet closer
           to  the ship.

             Unali turns from the railing and to the lockers.  She spots the
           one locker she needs and rushes to it. she opens the locker and
           grabs the equipment out of it and places it on her back.  Then
           turns to move back to the railing.  As she moves she continues
           her speech, "...or walk on water"  But she realizes that Arawn
           is casting some form of magic and realizes he wont' be able to
           fly her out yet.  She mutters, "Where is Raban when you need
           him."

             Brutto fsand Finn continue to tun toward the aft of the ship.

             Zep moves south as well and leaps over the lockers to land
           on the other side to round the corner of the lockers to help
           those at the aft.

             Dorhak moves further south away from Arawn and Mae.

             Dorhak is quite uncertain what good he can do, but knows
           it's best not to show such hopelessness to the crew.  He
           himself has no way to reach out the distance to hurt the
           giant, so he calls out to   the crew "those of you spell
           casters that can damage something  that big and at range had
           best ready your best efforts!"

             Barbosa runs south and ends up along side of Dorhak and smiles
           at the captain.  The eagerness of youth and brave smile that
           Dorhak knows too well.

           [Time: 2:26:10 pm]
           [Turn 1: Phase 4]

             Arawn allocates another set of magical energy for a  spell.

             Z'leyra in her trance prepares to purify the deck below her
           feet by preparing her magic energy.

             Corona dives once more and fires his magical eyes and hits the
           back of the giant doing a scorching 13 points of damage to his
           back.

             Fremea gets within only 40 feet of the giant and aims.  If she
           could take out his other eye he would be harmless.  But the giant
           has learned his mistake and has turned his eyes randomly from
           side to side to prevent such a action.  Her arrow hits the giant
           in the upper left arm doing 21 points (9 of which are pure fire).

             Mournath fires his bow again but this time his luck runs
           out and his shot goes wild missing the giant.

             Pyan on the other hand hits with his arrow in the chest doing
           only 2 points but its a good hit that makes the giant about 50%
           dead at this point.

             Arawn casts his spell to repel evil.  The issue is the range.  It
           as the giant will have to be very close to be affected.

             The giant charges forward closing the distance another 60 feet
           now only about 60-65 feet away.

             Kiet can feel the ship moivng away as ordered by the captain but
           realizes the giant with his special powers is keeping up fat
           enough.  Kiet grins as in the next second or two he can finally
           fire his rings and fry the beast.

             Brutto and Finn reach the aft of the ship and end up near
           Mournath to help him.

             Zepp runs to join next to Finn and Brutto.

             Dorhak continues southward and continues his speech, "Also,
           bowmen, ready your shots." Course he realizes they already
           fired but he means steady their fire.  Turning to Arawn, he
           asks, "can we get any more speed out of this tub?"

             Barbosa ends up next to Dorhak in the aft and both are about
           10 feet from Finn and Brutto.

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Tuesday?

           GM:  A small update.  I'm off all week.  I figure I can try
                the update Tuesday and this gives a good time for next
                update Friday or Saturday?  Since the actions are pretty
                much known it shouldn't be a issue.  But if plans are
                changed let me know.  Next update Giant will be at railing
                of ship so I can still allow bowmen to fire but if you
                want to try melee let me know.   Giant has taken a good 60
                odd points already.  So you guys might survive.  At least
                the ship.  One or two he targets....well..we shall see and
                it will be purely random.  Unless he realizes who Arawn
                is and then probably goes for him. :)

           GM:  Arawn - Since stood in place for casting spells keep this
                  in mind for range.  Next phase- ES Phase after would be
                  the SWB as outlined in email.

                Dorhak: Assume giant smashing time.  :)

                Fremea: Will assume fire from side. could try to fire
                  from rear but you are firing at ship at that point
                  direction wise.

                Ix - Did not move you since unsure on actions.

                Kiet: Do you stay AT railing (kinda need for next phase.
                  After that can move away.  But to get the best range
                  for phase 5 need to be at railing.  I'll assume you back
                  away after the 1st shots are done to fire second salvo.

                Mae - Still unclear on what you needed to do.  You were
                  looking for Arawn.  Your there besides him now.  But
                  wasn't sure after that.

                Mournath: Darn good shot!  Rolled a 3 and with other
                  factors was negative.  Darn good shot!

                Pyan: Assume using bow still.

                Raddok: Do you want to fight giant offensively pure or
                  use shield/attack and try to block those who might be
                  targets?

                Unali: If giant isn't zapped away by Z next couple phases
                  will be fun1

                Z'leyra: Next phase Oblivion can be done in 1 phase and
                  it works.  What if it fails?

           GM: Spells Active:

                  Character       Spell         Ends
               Arawn           Battle Mind  Turn  6: Phase 3
               Arawn           Repel Evil   Turn 13: Phase 4
               Fremea          Fire Arrow   Turn  1: Phase 6

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbosa

           GM: Black Depth Deck plans

           Scale = 1 Hex=    - 10 feet
                   1 Row     -  5 feet
                   1 Column  -  5 feet

       * First Deck (Top Deck)

         1         2
12345678012345678901234
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A   = [F 6] - Stairs to second deck ( 5'x10')
\__/ ____________  __/  B   @ [F12] - Rigging               (30'x30')
/   / o          \   \_ C  ~~ [F 6] - Port Gangplank pullway area
\_ / []          o\  /  D  ~~ [F20] - Starboard Gangplank pullaway area
/ /                \ \_ E     (Railing is able to be removed here)
\_I  =    @        I_/  F
/ I   zI @@@       I \_ G   # [N12] = STorage/Gear lockers  (5'x5')
\_I       @        I_/  H     Locker is 5 feet tall with interior shelves
/ I           X    I \_ I
\ ~~ AE           ~~_/  j   U4-U20 - Start of poop deck (raised by 3
/ I                I \_ K     feet so have to step up.
\_I  P #      #    I_/  L
/ Io   #      #   oI \_ M   * [T11] - Wheel station (raised 3 feet)
\_Io   ########   oI_/  N
/ I    #      #    I \_ O  [] [D 6] - Hatch to 3rd floor hold
\_I    #      #    I_/  P     Shaft is 8' by 8' and 22 feet deep
/ I%$             %I \_ Q     from top deck
\_Io U            oI_/  R
/ Io BD           oI \_ S  o - Rope piles (heavy dock rock) to tie
\_I  T   **        I_/  T      up ship to dock depending on side docks are
/ I_123___4________I \_ U
\_I M Z            I_/  V  % - Anchors (Q4, Q21) heavy metal anchors
/ IK____R__________I \_ W  X - [I12] - Cooking area
\__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/  X  $-- [Q5] - Secret hatch to smuggler's hold
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ Y      hidden by Anchor/Ropes
         1         2
12345678012345678901234

    A - Arawn    [J 6] - Facing SW, Shield, Wand, Sword
    A - Dorhak   [S 7]   Facing SW, Mace, Shield
  * F - Fremea   [W-12]  Flying, Facing SW 70 feet off ship
    I - Ix       [G 9]   Facing SW, Cane, Dagger
    K   Kiet     [W 4[   Facing SW, Dagger, Tulwar
    E   Mae      [J 7]   Facing SW, Dagger
    M   Mournath [V 5[   Facing SW, Bow, Spear
    P   Pyan     [L 6]   Facing SW, Bow, Spear
    R   Raddok   [W10]   Facing SW, Mace, Shield, Leather armor
    U   Unali    [R 6[   Facing SW, Daggers
    Z   Z'leyra  [V 7]   Facing SW, Staff
    B   Barbosa  [S 6]   Facing SW, Mace, Shield
    1   Brutto   [U 5[   Facing SW, Sword
    2   Finn     [U 6]   Facing SW, Sword
    3   Zepp     [U 7]   Facing West, Sword
    4  Ardrackle.[U12[   Facing North, Sword
    C   Corona   Flying over Giant
    z   Zol Zim  [G 8[   Facing SW

    *  Fremea off map about 50 feet high above ocean flying toward
       giant.  The -XX negative coordinate is the rough location.

    SG - Sea Giant is roughly 60-65 feet SW of Kiet's location off map.