[pnpgm] Game Update #35 - File #347 - Arrive at Provini

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 4 06:33:50 CEST 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #35 sequence (file #347)

         From Arawn: [Re: Language]
           "We'll both have good reason to practice the tongue. And
           thank you."

           OOC: Arawn will cast Tongues to learn the language
           permanently.
         GM: Ack. Done when I updated sheet.  Learned.

         From Mae: [Re: Actions]
           Maelorna pauses as the world has passed by without her...

           OOC - During day or night, she's dressed as she normally
           does, no actual gown, but a long shirt and tied off with a
           belt, a dagger is her physical weapon.  She does keep to herself
           as much as she can when not helping as able.  Her gear is stowed
           away, but she'll choose to rest where she can with her back to a
           wall or post.  She will happily take whichever watch is needed.
         GM: Ack. You don't need to isolate your self.  There is no
             hunger issues and you can get along with others fine.

         Post from Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra, once having taught the lubbers enough to be adequate
           seamen,  will turn her attention to studying Navigation from
           those that know  it.
         GM: Ack.   So as I see you mean once others learn the Sea skill
             stop and learn Navigation?  Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Not sure if anyone is still learning swimming from Arawn but i
           f he's  free or can juggle both he'd be happy to train Z'leyra
           in Navigation.
         GM: Ack. Not a major issue as Mournath and others know it
             well enough they can supplement teaching.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           It didn't take someone with his unique traits to see...

           "The next time then. Out here at sea, with safe...
         GM: Ack. Mae has no real hunger issues at all even with the
             few rats on board.  She wasn't even close to needing
             to feed.  So she's doing well.

         From Mae: [Re: Actions]
           Maelorna pauses for a moment, she was no better at this ...
         GM: Ack.   Summoning to just feed is bad for the gods as its
             like a priest calling some beast to kill and drink its
             blood.  Unless that god actually enorses it its not
             good to waste summoned things. :)

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           Apris 5, ~ 7 p.m., with IBT planning & practice (of languages l
           earned  - Dwarf Elder & Marentian; completion of seaman training
           over next few days, & arranging training for Dagger with Kiet)

           Raddok dons his leather armor for watch duty with Ix &....

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 9:41 am]

             The crew and passengers watch the Dwarf Captain sing his song.

             Ix Approaches the dwarf after.

             When the song is over, she will compliment Dorhak and tell him
           he has a wonderful singing voice, she would love to hear more
           whenever he gets a chance to sing more.

             Ix also shows interest in learning Dwarf Elder if it wouldn't
           be too much of a bother to teach multiple >people.  But she
           does want to learn the song and its lyrics or any other
           dwarf songs.

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]
           [After combat for next few hours]

             Ix helps Z'leyra with the heailng the day before any
           help with checking on healing the days after.

             Mae joins the others ready to be healed and treated.  She
           recalls the events of the last few minutes in her mind.

             Maelorna pauses as the world has passed by without her
           realizing what happened.  She had been hurt?  Did the voice do
           more than just antagonize her?  She remembered the fight, the
           merman as it jerked  about from the pain she hit it with.  She
           looks at Arawn and tries to hide the haunted look in her eyes,
           she couldn't have lost herself. But the desire was still there,
           wanting to see the creatures cry out in pain, beg for their
           lives and watch the life drain.  She looks up at Arawn from
           where she was sitting at and gives a wistful smile, "Sadly no,
           I didn't feed upon him, rather I used his trident. I've had to
           stay away from the others, not easy I know.   It's more to avoid
           temptation and have a repeat of the issue that occurred before
           with Dorhak," she gives a distracted smile.

             Arawn watches Mae and feels her tension and stress.

             It didn't take someone with his unique traits to see the
           look of anguish in Mae's eyes. That her internal struggle
           continued  was apparent, though the twists and turns of its
           depths remained a mystery. A slight wave of guilt briefly hit
           the alfar - he had been so preoccupied lately that he hadn't
           sat down to properly work with the succubi-spawn regarding
           meditation and self-control. As it passed a thought came upon
           him, something of considerable weight, but he decided to keep
           it to himself for now.

             "The next time then. Out here at sea, with safe sources
           of replenishment at a premium, it might be wise to take it when
           evil besets us. But I think we've only a few days until the next
           port. Once there perhaps it might be wise to work your 'trade'
           to top off. And we can see to viable sources for the next leg
           of this trip after.

             In the meanwhile, I've been busy training others to swim
           and likely will start soon with navigation skills. But I think
           I'll slow down on my other activities and work with you on
           meditation techniques for the rest of the voyage if you're
           interested."

             Maelorna pauses for a moment, she was no better at this point
           than a damned vampire.  Why there was a sadistic desire to see
           something feel pain she wasn't sure.  A playful giggle at the
           back of her mind reminded her of the voice's influence.  She
           nods, "I may need to, but if I can manage it, without causing
           too much trouble, I may see if I can find another source.  I
           don't believe summoning a creature and feeding on it will work.
           Considering I've had little chance of summoning anything on this
           trip.  But I'll continue to feed only when needed, rather than
           when the desire takes me," she offers, as she hears his offer,
           "I would like that if we can, but I may need to work on my less
           desirable side, if only to ensure it's a viable talent.  At the
           moment, any spells I try and do, they're hit and miss at best,"
           as she remembers the decay demon showing up when she attempted
           to cast hell darts.

             The day ends with the sails repaired mostly sewn back onto
           the rigging by the crew.   There was a few hours of delay
           but it isn't a major waste of time.  The mermen were all
           tossed overboard while their weapnos were kept to be sold
           at the next port.

           [Apris 5th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 8:03 am]

             The day is mostly overcast all day making any day time
           navigation rough aside from using land as a guide.  The
           temperatures today range from a cool 23 degrees very briefly
           in early mornin gto 96 that day.   The ship is able to use
           the superior winds to it's advantage making 25 miles today.
           In fact the winds are so fierce they are at times sotrm
           force gales.

             Arawn asks Raddok to learn Bhamotin from him.  They
           both comment on learning the spell and using it for
           practice over time.  Arawn casts the spell to learn the
           langauge and learns it.

             Arawn adds, "We'll both have good reason to practice the
           tongue. And thank you."

           [Apris 5th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 10:17 am]

             Corona swoops down fast and speaks quickly that ahead
           is a whirlpool.  Z'leyra issues orders to turn swiftly
           to port to avoid it.  As those race forward to watch
           the water they notice a large 18-20 foot whirlpool this
           time swirling a mass of seaweed.  This is  probably how
           Corona spotted it from the air.  Zepp is able to turn
           the ship in tiem and miss the obstacle by about 30 feet
           as the ship passes onward.

           [Apris 5th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 1:42 pm]

             Mournath is practing his harptoon style spear throwing
           into the water and retrieving it with a rope, just after
           lunch.  When he spots a large 22 foot blue water serpent
           gliding fast past the ship about 30 feet away on his
           side of the ship.  Others seem to notice his gaze and join
           in watching the serpent.  It is blue with blue hued scales,
           curved horn and placid eyes.  The ship itself is doing maybe
           2 miles an hour and it seems the serpent is also making
           pace with the ship.

             Mournath considers targeting the snake for a good meal.
           but just before he throws the spear, Arawn stops him by
           pulling his arm away.  Arawn studies the serpent and
           notices the snake is magical and looks very old. based
           on its length.  Arawn whispers that spearing the snake
           would be futile even with a good hit it would only harm
           him making him mad.  They are sturdy creatures.

             The snake eventually turns left away from the ship as it
           seems to gon its business.

           [Apris 5th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 7:00 pm]

             Raddok dons his leather armor for watch duty with Ix & Dorhak.
           During his watch, he will speak Dwarf Elder to Dorhak in
           greeting & when making comments of anything seen (or not seen)
           as much as is practical to help bring his knowledge of the
           language back to easy use. He will also use what knowledge he
           has of Marentian to greet Ix, nod politely to the wolf, and
           during watch ask her (if he's not present if Dorhak  asks
           similar questions) "My apology, but I do not know how you see
           with such clouded eyes. Do you see movement, or shadows, or
           feel it like a breeze, or another way? Will you see me during
           watch - in the  dark - as, uh, me, or do I need to say
           something? Is there something you need help with seeing?" He
           looked down at the nearby wolf, then up again at her. "Or maybe
           you 'see' better than I can at night?" Also, after considering
           the animal at her side, he adds, "Greetings, Friend of Ix," &
           nods to the wolf respectfully. He suddenly feels less fear, and
           more wonder about this creature. Hasn't he heard some tale or
           two - good ones - told of red-eyed wolves? He ponders.

             Whatever he learns or doesn't learn from talking with Dorhak
           and Ix, he will walk his assigned watch area (or stand his post)
           and quietly report anything  he's seen or not seen as he's
           expected to do. He will use any whistle or horn to raise an
           alarm as per instructions.

             Guarding his assigned area of the ship, looking out to sea &
           the sky for anything approaching the ship, he will be thinking
           that he's  approaching the end of his seaman's training (within
           a few more days),  so he should speak with Kiet the next morning
           sometime to arrange starting Dagger practice when K'leyra has
           confirmed he's completed Seaman training.

             Raddok is prepared to be assigned some seaman duties once
           training is complete, so his days are getting busier, which is
           good - he's feeling more useful now. He hopes to get at least
           another hour's swimming practice at the next ports coming up,
           although learning swimming this way is v-e-r-y slow - he's just
           glad for the chance. He then recalls Arawn will be casting a
           spell to learn Dwarf Elder from him, and he wonders if he'll
           get a headache. He then chuckles to himself for his ignorance.

           [Apris 6th, 1636TH]

             While the day before gave great winds today the winds are
           very poor.  The ship crawls along the waves doing only 9
           miles today.  The day is mostly overcast again making it a dreary
           and slow paced day.  While the winds are lacking the temperatures
           to plunge a bit only lasting from 16-41 degrees.

           [Apris 6th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 10:38 am[

             A storm hits the ship and since its not mivn gtoo
           fast it lasts 25 minutes drenching Finn who ha sto
           man the steering wheel while others safely and warmly
           stow below deck.

           [Apris 7th, 1636TH]

             Finally today the overcast parts to only become mostly
           cloudy with some sun seen every so often.  The winds today
           finally pick up at good levels making the ship move around
           16 miles today.  Temperatures range from a brisk 17 degrees
           to a decent 55 degrees.  The crew can tell the area is in
           a fight between winter, spring and summer.

           [Apris 7th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 1:10 pm]

             Finn is in the crows nest on sentry when he alerts
           the crew of a possible whirlpool again.  As those with
           spyglasses head to the bow (Unali, Dorhak) they spot a
           seal flipping on top of the water circling as if trying
           to escape such.  The animal must be too tird to dive
           or figures it too dangerous to submerge so tries
           to deal with this crazy sea.  Dorhak orders the ship
           to avoid the whirlpool which is half a mile away.  The
           crew is getting better at spotting such things.

             Arawn asks for Dorhak to guide the ship close to the
           whirlpool to help the animal.  Dorhak looks a bit
           shocked but seems to defer to the smart Alfar.  He
           orders a cruise by but only at best if possible by 30
           feet or so. To be safe.  Arawn then raises a hand and
           asks the navigator to turn starboard fast.

             With Arawn's Friendly Current in place this spell hits
           the side of the whirlpool and creates a friction against
           the malestrom and very briefly disrupts it.  The animal
           is able to use htis chance to swim away fast.

             Zepp comments that trick could be used for pirate ships
           maybe one day.

           [Apris 7th, 1636TH]

             The ship's luck runs out as there are not even poor winds
           today there are none!  The only thing moving the ship is
           the magic from Arawn.  That only gives a half dozen or so
           miles at best.  The sailors murmur that no winds is a bad
           omen for them.  It fortells disaster.   Temperatures range fro
           29-57.  The day remains cloudy with the clouds moving even
           as little as the ship.

           [Time: 1:16 pm]

             A storm rolls in with not much thunder or lightning just
           pelting rain.  It lasts about 19 minutes just enough to
           drench the deck throughly.

           [Apris 8th, 1636TH]

             The clouds part even further to make it partly cloudy
           most of the day.  The sun is seen quite often warming
           the ship and crew.  There are average winds today which
           makes the previous day better giving the ship 13 miles
           today.  Temperatures climb today due to the sun shining ranging
           from a brisk 26 to a hot 96 degrees.

           [Time: 9:29 am]

             A storm arrives lasting only about 9 minutes asi tpasses
           quickly overhead.

           [Time: 4:17 pm]

             A quick hail storm hits the ship lasting about 4-5
           minutes causing little damage.  The stones are marble
           size only so its not too bad.

           [Time: 10:21 pm]

             Mae is strolling the deck in her short skirt having
           just come on watch.  She spots to the right a mass of
           glowing something.  She goes to the railing for a better
           look and the lights seem to be in the water.  Arawn
           notices Mae and comes nearby.  They both soon discover
           it is a mass of 250-300 jelly fish in the water with
           various colors of blue, red, orange and whites.  As Arawn
           watches the beauty of nature, Mae wonders how many she
           could feed on.  While Pyan laughs at hunting jellyfish.

           [Apris 9th, 1636TH]

             The day becomes overcast today once again with temperatures
           ranging from 45-88.  There are good winds giving the ship 17
           miles of travel today.

           [Time: 12:36 pm]

             During lunch Fremea notices a odd sight in the water.
           The sailors comment that it is a water spout.  Like a
           tornado for land but in the water.  It is rare but
           they do happen.  This one is very thing and short lived
           about 18 feet tall - though water spouts as they get
           higher its is iimpossible to see the true size.  It
           lasts for about 8 minutes before it falls apart.

           [Time: 4:54 pm]

             Those on deck notice to the port side two adult sized
           orca surfacing out of the water.  They are pure black with
           the normal white spots though one does seem to have a brown
           spot on his fin.  They seem to jump above the surface about
           50 feet away from the ship before diving not to be seen again.

           [Apris 9th, 1636TH]

             Today is a partly cloudy slow day with temperatues ranging
           from 49 to 93.  There are good winds giving the ship 17 iles
           of travel toward the next port.

           [Time 9:59 pm]

             A hail storm hits the ship with stones as large as grapes
           peling the ship.  It lasts about 10 minutes with minor damage.

           [Apris 10th, 1636TH]

             The day is partly cloudy again with temperatures ranging from
           27 to 93.  As the ship lifts anchor the crew and passengers
           notice a heavy boat and craft presnce around them.  They
           soon realize their estimates of navigation was a bi toff
           and they are closer to port then figured.  The math is
           determined they then realize they are only a few miles out
           of port.  They could've risked a night berth but didn't
           realize they were that close.

             There are good winds so it only takes two hours for the
           shjip to see the port of Provinig in the distance.

           [Time: 9:18 am]

             The ship waits for tug help to enter the local docks
           but since traffic is light this time of day it doesn't
           take much time.  The city itself is only about a 3rd the
           size of Sivas with a population of only 13,000 orso.

             Anchor is dropped and the sailors complete the dock roping
           process.

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Saturday...

           GM:  Had planned to do this update Tuesday but got off super
                early today and afer a good cook out finished it.  Sadly
                I just realized I forgot to do Navigation rolls.  So I
                will just assume ship doesn't get lost.  :)  With only
                30 minutes before my deadline I wanted to get this out
                as soon as I can.  Mainly since i will be slightly busy
                tomorrow and super busy wednesday.  So I'll try for the
                next leg of travel (roll encounters and such) on Saturday.
                Dorhak how long do you stay in port?  All day or enough
                to get supplies then leave?  Who will pay for dock and
                tug fees? :)  I also had hoped to update IBT stats for
                you guys but ran out of time.  So will try that soon.

           GM: Mini IBT [Marqi 24 Present

                  Player        Skills
                Arawn        Study God's Eyes
                Dorhak       Seamanship *
                Fremea       Seamanship *
                Mournath     Spear - Fighting *
                IX           Dance *
                Pyan         Seamanship*, Eagle
                Raddok       Learn Seamanship, Then Dagger, Marentian
                Unali        Swimming *, Seaman *
                Z'leyra      Seamanship *, Navigation

              * Notes that you can find a teacher/master for more points.

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbosa