[pnpgm] Game Update #45 - File #422 - A old friend..

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 00:04:28 CET 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        tex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
  .Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #45 sequence (file #412)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           "Captain, request permission to learn Dwarf Elder ...2

           If he agrees she will go ahead with the Tongues spell as
           previously mentioned.

           She continues to study Navigation. She will once again cast
           Knowledge spell on herself with same s.o.p. as before.
         GM: Ack. This kind of open post is hard to figure out dates.  So
             it would be great if folks actually include dates these
             things are done.  So I'll have to figure a random date
             based on 4-10 to 4/15.  It only helps you guys for
             the mana in some cases.  Thanks!  As to Tongue prev
             eh?  Making me hunt for it? Geesh.  I'll assume that
             means the normal x5 method.  As to Knowledge that does
             elude me.  :<  Also which day is this Know spell?

         From Dorhak: [Re: Dwarf]
           Dorhak get a perplexed look on his face, though everyone else
           probably thinks he's got gas.  But he says, in Dwarf Elder,
           "Didn't you already

           either way, he agrees to permit it.
         GM: Ack. Actually Z had asked a few times but I guess Dorhak
             forgot to say yes actually. :)

         From Unali: [Re: Dwarf]
           Unali takes the opportunity to use the language amulet at the
           same time and sit in on the Dwarf Elder lesson. Better learn it
           from a native speaker direclty I guess.'
         GM: Ack.

         From Pyan: [Re: language]
           Pyan should probably try to use the language necklace to learn
           some random languages from the group since it's not being used.
           He wants to be a storyteller and having more languages open to
           him would help.
         GM: Ack. But I need to know what  language.  There are plenty of
             slots/days.  Too bad folks not learning the one that
             is kinda important I've mentioned a few times.  :)  But there
             is a document on the site that lists folks landuage and what
             they know.  Feel free to consult that and name a few I can
             do 5-6 or more if want to.

           [Apris 14th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 4:41 pm]

             Z'leyra approaches Dorhak for a formal question.

             "Captain, request permission to learn Dwarf Elder from you.
           It might come in handy if we need to pass information without
           enemies knowing." Z'leyra says to Dorhak.

             Dorhak get a perplexed look on his face, though everyone else
           probably thinks he's got gas.  But he says, in Dwarf Elder,
           "Didn't you already learn that?"

             Unali hears this and asks to join in.  She asks to use the
           language necklace.

             Dorhak begins to speak and is leery of this whole thing.
           No one should learn languages like this way.  Its unnatural!

             Both women pick it up and learn it at a decent level.

           [Apris 15th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 10:08 am]

             Ship docks in Tilal berth.

           [Apris 16th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 11:35 am]

             Unali and Raddok are heading to a tavern for possible lunch
           or at least a drink.  They find a tavern which the two can't
           read the Rogizini sign but there is a fallen mug diagram so
           it must be the Fallen Mug tavern?

             Both enter to find a busy place with a large bar area and
           sitting area that could sit 100 folks but now only has about
           45 or so.  There is a stage with a female dancer dressed in
           dark full body clothing.  Only her hands and eyes are seen.
           It seems females in the Empire are expected to cover up
           fully.  Though those rare ones like Unali who do not are
           either looked down upon or known to be obvious tourist.

             Behind the dancer is a young man stringing a balaika, guitar
           like instrument.

             Unali and Raddok notice the female end her dance and move
           toward a booth.  The lad continues to play his music as the
           dance set is done.  Raddok suggests a table near the windows
           but Unali stops.  There is something about the dancer.

             Unali could not see her eyes well but the way she danced with
           the veils spinning and twirling.  Dancers seem to have a set
           pattern like Z'leyra has a rough aggressive yet subtle dance
           that shows her shamanic side.

             Unali notices the dancer the dancer sit two men.  Then she
           notices a man nearby at a table is watching the door and
           the booth at the same time.  Unali knows those signs as a type
           of bodyguard or bouncer.  Yet.  Unali notices another
           man behind the booth sitting facing the door with his back
           to the two men in the other booth.  He is trying to nurse
           a drink but is obviously watching the crowd.

             Then the dancer lowers her face covering a bit to drink
           something.  That's when Unali sees her face very brief and
           then she smiles briefly.

             The dancer also tries to look away but as she does she
           locks eyes with Unali and then turns away quickly.  Unali
           considers approaching but it is obvious whoever the men with
           her are powerful and man noy want attention.

             Unali nods to Raddok and heads to other side of room to the
           table.  She absently listens to Raddok tell a story of some
           monster he fought in some mine.  Then the dancer stands and
           excuses herself.  She moves toward the bar and then toward
           the left side of the room.  She stops to a table and speaks
           to a woman also covered up briefly then turns and heads
           toward the back to probably a outhouse.

             As she passes Unali her eyes lock and nods toward the back.

             A few minutes later Unali excuses herself and heads out to
           the back.  Raddok oblivious to the dancer at this point.

             Unali exits just as she notice one of the men stand
           and heard toward the rear exit.

             As soon as Unali exits the tavern into the back the dancer
           approaches and uncovers her face.  "What are you doing here?"
           She asks.

             Unali stares at Zabyra and knows there isn't much time to
           talk before that man probably checks on the dancer.  Last
           time Unali saw her was when party was riding toward Donara
           for Fremea's quest.  She had left before enter Donara
           near Aratad if Unali recalls?  That was like almost 2 years
           ago probably 19 months ago?

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Thursdday/Sat/Monday?

           GM:  A short update.  I was hoping for more feed back.  I'll cover
                that below.  I'll give folk as week till next Monday to
                get input on things.  Else will use random  dice and
                such to determine stuff.  The main thing is what are
                folks doing in town and things like that with Inns, baths
                and eating/shopping.  How much one spends and such for the
                3 days.  Once I learn this will figure out any possible
                random encounters in town.  It is not mandatory to leave
                the ship one can stay there.

                The above encounter was planned for Vahear but I figure
                I'll do it here.  Add some 'where are they now' kind of
                stuff for old PCs.  I notice the pbem pcs document does
                have much on her.  But if you search for Zabyra and Zabya
                it will come up.  I think there is a typo on the  name
                I'll have to fix later.  Sadly the player left due to
                family issues.  This is the style of possible encounters
                I will do.  Since Dorhak wants pairs I'll figure out which
                pairs unless stated otherwise randomly.

                Will assume stay on ship and eat on ship unless stated
                otherwise.

                To move on we'll assume Sunday is deadline for actions
                for Tilal.  Then assuming not critical encounters we'll
                leave port for next leg which I've already determined.

                Happy Halloween!!!!!

           GM: Arawn - Will assume go to town to look around.
                 Will assume pair with anyone.  I'll update mana
                 from the treasure stuff this week I hope.

               Dorhak: Will assume a good ale tavern visit is in order so
                  a visit in town.  Will assume pair with anyone but Mae
                  for kinda of obvious issues but probably would prefer
                  Barbosa?  Don't forget details on the Bribe, the
                  berth choice and the treasure.

               Fremea - Will assume using magical disguise item and pair
                 with at least a 'adult'.  Let me know if just looking around
                 town or  other stuff.

               Ix - Miss ya!  Hope still alive.  Will assume pair with anyone?
                 Wolf may not be so welcome in town since its fairly
large though.

               Kiet - Assume pair with anyone.

               Mournath: I assume your inclined to pair with a sailor?

               Mae- Assume will pair with anyone but Dorhak? :) Will assume
                 a bath is in order since you like bathes.

               Pyan: Will assume pair with anyone.

               Raddok: Assume pair with anyone. For supplies let me know whatt
                you want.  Unali will replace spyglass.  But Pyan offered
                 to help with some things if needed.

               Unali: Assume pair with anyone.

               Z'leyra: Assume pair with anyone.

               Sailors: Will probably pair up with other sailors and
                 Mournath as they prefer for a good tavern visit.

               Taverns/Bath/Shopping/other Let me know.

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa