[pnpgm] Sea Giant and it's Lair

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Fri Oct 12 06:37:53 CEST 2018

   Arawn gave a nod of appreciation when Fremea readily accepted the task presented by the undines. Thoughts raced through his mind but he was practiced enough to not betray them through any sign in body and face.

   "Thank you. And my apologies to you," he said, addressing the elementals. "We were only defending ourselves from your distant kin. And I had made the assumption the mermen were still allied to the Court of Tiamat, not to Domiel, the Prince of Majesty, as the undines are. But they are still kin of sorts in your eyes and I will not make the mistake again. And luckily I sent several of them away to live another day.​
   As to the sharks, I was surprised to see that they had arrived so quickly as well else I would not have called you so close."​
​
   With the task the undines had set forth for Fremea to finish it appeared they were prepared to extend their stay. But to make sure that the elemental alliance would not be broken Arawn spent a moment to inquire on the details of this atypical summons.​

   [OOC:
   From the time stamps on the last 2 updates it seems like the undines extended their summoning time without problems. Just in case though, considering the favor asked of Fremea and the time it would have taken Arawn would have asked the undines about/for details on extending the summons so he can be sure to Banish/return them back to the Upper World in time, assuming they don't wish to stay in the Middle World if that's an option.
​
   However it works out  Arawn just wants to make sure that he doesn't break the Elemental Powers connection. Just let me know if there are any complications I should be aware of.]​

​
[While Fremea and the undines are dealing with the village Arawn will focus on the Sea Giant...]​
​
    "I'll see what I can do regarding the sea giant," he said as the trio made for the coastal village.  "If we have any salvaging equipment I would appreciate it if it can be brought up. And a section of the deck should be cleared of equipment and people in case I need to translocate anything to it.​
   If anyone wishes to accompany me let me know."​

[OOC:
   Arawn will go over his plan with the party in case anyone has any thoughts/suggestions. ​

   His plan is to cast Water Breathing on himself followed by Force Shield. He'll then descend along with a weight (or the anchor line) to speed descent. When he reaches the sea giant he'll take a quick look over any obvious potential treasure and grab any that seem easy to acquire. He'll then focus on removing the heart using his elven dagger. If anyone has ideas on how to boost his speed/damage in doing this please feel free to share!​

   He'll recast Water Breathing as needed. If for some reason it seems necessary (such as his Force Shield close to collapse) he'll use Sound Powers - Sonata to calm the sharks.​
   If there are any obviously valuable but heavy treasure let me know so I can figure out how to deal with it. Most likely he'll Translocate the object to the cleared off section of the deck but this might change depending on what seems best at the moment.​
   If we have a basket/container that can be hauled up quickly he can also stuff the items in there if that seems a better option than carrying it himself. Then the crew can haul it up.​

   He'll strip down to just dagger, wand, and torc after making sure all are tethered to him first just in case anything happens.]​

​
 [When it's time to locate and deal with the sea giant's lair...]​

   With the undines having made their way in and then out of the lair it seemed likely that it was unguarded but to be safe he asked the undines about any defenses that they may have discovered.​

[OOC: Scott, does using the Liberate Spirit spell allow the caster to cast other magics while in spirit form? If so then I can have Arawn do that and Translocate treasure up to the ship. If not then...]​

   "If anyone would like to join and help gather any treasure I can transmute a couple of you into gilled mermen or some other sea creature for the trip down to the cave.
    Otherwise I'll head down and scout things out. If the treasure can be hauled easily to the surface then I'll do that. If it's too large a haul I can try and secure them and translocate some of us back once the ship is in port."

   [OOC:
   Arawn will cast Liberate Spirit before heading underwater to scout out the lair and figure out the best plan to haul up any valuables he might discover. He'll make sure to return to his body before the spell expires and work out the details with the party.
   I imagine that this might be having 1 or 2 volunteers transmuted in mermen and accompany Arawn (as a fish) to the lair. We can bring a container with us and then swim back up or, if necessary, we can secure a net to container and Arawn can cast Ball Powers - Other to create a massive air filled buoy under the net to help lift things to the surface.

   Thoughts anyone?]