[pnpgm] Back in groove...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 05:55:48 CET 2018

Back in the groove finally after a couple weeks.
I started the pnp update again.
I'm about 95% done.
Just fleshing the 3 days of any possible encounters.

Course folks have yet ot send sheets so I'm a bit limited.

But once I'm done with that I'll be done and can post.

Sadly I been trying to get used to working here.
Dosbox has mouse issues.  Bleh.
Notepad is fast but has wordwrap issues.
Openoffice is efficient but the way it breaks up pages is oddball.

So looks like I'll use wordpad.

Just a note on format.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

We had screens that were 80 columns.
This was standard 'letter' size.

BBSes I used edit.com and till recently did.  Old Dos editor.
Based on a form of basic programming ide.

I forced formatting to the updates.
Roster had to be aligned.
indents and alignments.
I beileve I liked column 11 to start and 14 for start of paragraphs.
Then end in late 70s column.

This is why updates look so small on a modern browser.
80 columns.

There are many reasons.  But universally issues with tabs, CRS and LFs.
Tabs could be stripped otu of some emails messing up format.
CRs-Carriage returns - Enter - were forced to make alignemtn.
LF-LIne feed ie a Enter to next level.

If you forced a space to align it could be stripped in some emalis.
There was no particular standard for text.

So all formats were hard enforced.

But now I think since no longer using edit.com I'll try to change this.
I'll let word wrap work its magic.  So after this update you may see
this change.
I still prefer soem form of formating/alignment.

But we'll see how it goes.

Anyone use TinySpell?  It allows spell checking ot wordpad?
Else I'l have ot load in office nad spell check there.

Granted this is what I did on old pc.  I'd work on update in edit.com
Then upload to my word97.  Then make changes in the edit.com ver. ;)

Anyways, last 3 days lost 8 hours since started late working.
If had started on tiem update would've been out.
What can ya do...slackers on my staff.

Next week is turkey day (happy turkey day!)
Got stuff to do mon-Wed.
So it may nto be now until a full week at least before can finish update.
But we'll see.

If only had started on time.  :<

Stay tuned...