[pnpgm] Game Update #25 - File #268 - Ships supplies

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 23:55:53 CEST 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magicina
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Kopas weri........Fe..Human/Shman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion
to Z'Leyra                         [First Mate]
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #25 sequence (file #268)

       Admin Notes: Roster v2!  Hope its better?

         From Raddok: [Re: Ship's weapons]
           Raddok is wondering if he should have asked (before leaving the
           ship to help with supplies), what kind of armament and possible
           cannon does the ship have and/or need? Also, nets, both large &
           small, might be of use, whether to serve as an open flooring,
           or to toss for either fish or pirates, etc. He asks his
           companion obtaining supplies about this. He also explains he
           has no experience with any of those things, unfortunately.
         GM: Ack.  Tech in pnp is Ancient Trireme era.  So 'best' warship
             are Athenian Triremes tech.  This is rowing, sails, ramming
             and maybe ballista style.  No cannon.  Gunpowder is the
             level of Naptha which is a form of greek fire in some sense.
             Gunpowder hasn't been found yet technically.  Magic on
             the other hand is common and that varies for combat or
             defense.  Some ships might have ballista of rocks or
             large archery ballista but this ship has none being a
             simple merchant ship.  This is why there are only 3
             decks not 4-6 18th century 1800s era warship.  Unless you have
             seamanship skill fighting is at half quality and I would not
             wear chainmail or plate on board. :) Fall over..sink.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Replying to Unali in Katai:

           "A pity as we need answers though I can't blame them if....

           OOC: Scott, did the dwarves have boots to match the description
           of the killing blow(s)? And I'll post regarding speaking with
           Damon in a bit.
         GM: Ack. Boots?  They all have such.  Whether it was the same.
             Hard to tell without actually inspecting each boot.
             They were all dirty and soiled.  Two things seem to
             lead to Unali's conclusion though.  This was covered
             in past update.  1). Two dwarves left to go to below
             and then were found in galley eating 2) fingers were
             soiled with blood, guick and iron.  Either from battle
             or clawing out of the cage.. But all dwarves were like
             that except the elder who had clean hands.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Part of this post tracks back to Update #22. Meant to send
           things out sooner but I've been swamped lately. Sorry about
           that.

           OOC: Glorified Elf:

           Cool, though not sure if I'd call an alfar a glorified elf but
           I get it - Daoine Sidhe... Alfar... Anwora... True Sidhe (all of
           whom look similar to elves) and Whispers... Faerry - different
            species, possibly different genera/families. Arawn does not
             consider himself an elf but I understand how a Detection spell
             might identify him as such:)  As to FC spell yes that's what
             I posted in old updae its half power

             Friendly Current:

             The spell is in both groups spell families but the rules are
             different     depending on whether it's from Water or Sea
             Powers.

             Sea Powers Version - Duration: EL+1 Strategic Turns, Speed:
             (EL+1)  x 3 miles added each day
             Water Powers Version - as above but Speed is 50% lower.

             Assuming Dorhak would like Arawn to cast this I'll have Arawn
             cast it at max EL, using Tongue of the Water to boost.
             Rerolling any failures up to 5 times.  He'll recast it
             whenever the current spell times out.

             Food and Water:

             I'm hoping to have Arawn do at least some of the cooking for
             the party while at sea (he has training in Cooking as a
             Skill). Good food hopefully means a happier and healthier
             party once we disembark!

             Regarding food...

             Arawn has a scroll with the Sustenance spell (MEL 5/EL 2) that
             he can use to help extend our food supplies. It would provide
             8 FP daily. He can also regularly cast Preservation to extend
             the life of any fresh food supplies.

             He also has 40 pieces of Elven Waybread to help out if we
             run low on food. Scott, how many FP per Waybread?

             Regarding water...

             If we begin to run low Arawn has two options - Ball Powers
             (Other/ Water) (a lot of water!) and he also has Sweeten Water
             (a small amount for now but would grow quickly if cast
             regularly).

             Just let me know if you'd like Arawn to use any of these
             abilities so I can give Scott details.

             Corsaya:

             Once Ix and Zol Zim are returned to Sivas Arawn will
             Translocate Corsaya and himself to the edge of the Sacred
             Forest (unless she has another place she'd prefer to be),
             cross over so she can roam freely in a safe place surrounded
             by Sidh/Neutral/Elder forces. He' ll also leave her gear
             there as well and then return to board the ship.

             IC:

             [Kaz's Cabin,  5:29 pm]
             "I do," Arawn calmly replied. "Though I can understand...
         GM: Ack. Alfar are a diff species yes. But Elf treat them
             as uber Elf.  IMHO.  When I talked to Richard years
             ago in email he uses the words glorified elf.  But
             I can see the argument that its NOT an elf.  But in
             the MW humans would see Alfar as Elf.  Since so alike.
             As to the old man he may have an issue with all pointy
             eared folks or just elves.  Who knows. :)  In fact
             you would I assume not show your ears.  So how did he
             know?  That is the mystery.  As to FC so cast constantly
             unless asleep.  As to recasting it you may not know it fails
             as its deep under water so would not be 'seen' any sign
             of success or not even mana wise unless you are in the water
             itself maybe.  But one can tell based on generic speed of
             ship if a boost was made unless there are already high winds.
             As to cooking you'll have to remind me during trip for
             skill use.  I think Z also can cook.  Cooking will have
             to be done on deck the galley is too small except for small
             soups.  Scroll - Others have tokens and such spells.  I mainly
             am doing party food/water first.  If run out will take
             rations and tokens, etc.  For easy accounting I'll always
             prefer party food/water.  As to waybread I believe its
             same as Foyson theft formula but if I recall I think its
             in this case 40 for you??  But again I'm not worried
             about it yet unless party starves or gets pirated
             by food eating ants.  As to water
same thing.  I won't know until
             it happens if need is needed.  As to Corsaya she'd care
             less about being in SF.  If that makes you happy then so
             be it.  But she simply needs a forest and a place to
             stay nearby.  Sidh don't need to be there.  In fact
             when visited Ben'dar's ranch she liked it but also
             liked Caladan's forest home north of his ranch in Maren
             City.  Small enough forest and nice cabin for her to
             use as a place of rest.  But you can decide as it
             doesn't matter to her much.  Let me know for spell use.
             I normally don't edit player dialogue.  But I believe you
             meant If you don't mind to Ix? IF .  Not I?

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Supplies]
           Per suggestion, Z'leyra's servant buys for and gets delivered
           to the ship

           10 water barrels filled with fresh clean water.
           .1 barrel of cheap wine. 🍷 to be kept under lock and key.
           Food.. 1000 food points of Travel rations with watertight boxes
           to store them in.

           A hutch of half dozen rabbits for Eagle food.🐇 A bale of
           greenery for rabbit food.

           6 goats as food for wolf.

           One keg of ale for influencing those we meet purposes.
           😉

           [Marqi Frisda 23rd, 1636TH]

           [Time: Earlier that afternoon]

             Arawn speaks to Unali about the murder in the hold.

             Arawn speaks gently, "A pity as we need answers though I can't
           blame them if they did. If I discover otherwise and anything
           else of interest during the journey  I'll make sure to let you
           know. The same with Damon. I'm sure he felt there was a reason
           to keep it out of government hands but I'll have a talk with him
           shortly."

           [Ba'ru - Kaz's Cabin]
           [Time: 6:20 pm]

             Kaz speaks of Arawn's abilities.

             "I do," Arawn calmly replied. "Though I can understand why
           you might sense me as one. I had only hoped to politely correct
           the mistake. And I could explain why but I do not think it would
           change your perceptions. Only time and experience may change
           that. Perhaps one day we might have the time and the pleasure.

             But it is a wonderful innate talent you have, much like the
           Sidh's innate talent for empathy or to sense and see magical
           auras. It would appear we have much in common...

             And, of course, out of respect for your wishes, I have ignored
           my innate talents while hoping for the same measure of respect."

             He smiled while speaking and continued to do so afterwards. It
           was a polite smile, soft and thoughtful, though he expected Kaz
           to interpret it otherwise. However the past might have poisoned
           the hermit's outlook the man's isolation seemed to do little to
           heal or add to his worldly wisdom, the opportunity for growth
           now replaced by the painful feeding of solipsistic views.

             Kaz glances at Arawn with little expression.  He puts his
           tea mug down and turns to the fire.  This time of year fire
           is too much but the man likes the warmth.  "Humans have this
           hospitality down.  I respect it."  Kaz turns from the
           fire and looks at Arawn. "I will not hinder you in any
           way.  I've been...a victim way too long to have any faith
           in people..or anything else."  He glances toward Ix briefly.
           "This small wonder has swayed me a bit.  But decades of
           abuse is not something to forget."  He glances down at Zol
           Zim.  "If this one trusts you then you are probably a fine
           person."  Glances back at Arawn.  "But you have the stink
           of death on you.  Not from this one.  But from another.
           A dangerous being.  One should not trust that being or
           have it live around you.  It will only end in dread and
           death.  Now let's not all get sad here.  Let's talk about
           the future of this fine young lady!"

             Afterwards, shortly before their departure back to Sivas,
           Arawn took some time to speak with the shamaness.

             "If you don't mind my asking, as you'll be traveling alongside
           me and my companions, how do you navigate in this world? Is your
           vision partially or fully impaired? I only ask as we'll be
           facing challenges alongside each other and it would be wise for
           us to know what limitations you might have, in as well as out
           of battle?"

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update....Saturday...

           GM: A short update but all good progress.  I'm done with
               all sheets except for the last 4 people listed below
               still waiting for gear info.  Notice the Roster v2?
               After 20 years I updated it slightly. The reason I use
               ..periods is emails are common to strip tabs and so
               columns in this case would mess up.  So I use periods
               to pad the columns to be aligned.

               Finally got supplies list.  I'll take as is.  But this
               means no cooking supplies or repair supplies.  So be
               warned if ship needs repairs during a storm and there
               is NO way to teleport to get supplies.  As I said teleport
               will be dangerous at times at sea.  One and only warning
               given!  I'll take any more supplies till 7/1 in case
               more urgent needs are done.  As said aside from bunks,  blankets
               a few plates, soup cauldron, lots of ropes there is not
               much of anything else aside from rigging on sails now
               on ship.  So anything else is a bonus.  I'm a detailed
               guy so prefer to have as detailed a supply list as I
               can but to not everyone is as weird as me. :)
               Kiet is buying hammocks as well.

               So agenda! I'm off Thursday/Friday.  So Friday I'll
               roll the first leg of encounters for the first trip
               rrom Sivas to first city.  I'll process Navigation and
               storm and wind data.  I'll try to get this in a new
               update on Saturday.  But at this point even though we
               have a minimal supply list and still waiting for gear
               info from some we can move on.  Gear isn't critical
               until reach Vahear then it will be too late.

               So will try next update Saturday or next Tue/wed if
               possible.  Stay tuned!  We move on!

           GM: Gear finals

                 Player            Gear          Sheet Ready/done
               Mae               Completed            Done
               Mournath          Completed            Done
               Pyan              Completed            Done
               Dorhak            Completed            Done
               Ix                Completed            Done
               Unali             Completed            Done
               Raddok            Completed            Done

               Kiet              Waiting for list     Done
               Fremea            Assume take all      Done
               Z'leyra           **Need Info***       Done
               Arawn             ----                 Done