[pnpgm] Game Update #24

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Jun 26 04:19:37 CEST 2018

   Part of this post tracks back to Update #22. Meant to send things out sooner but I've been swamped lately. Sorry about that.

OOC:

Glorified Elf:

   Cool, though not sure if I'd call an alfar a glorified elf but I get it - Daoine Sidhe... Alfar... Anwora... True Sidhe (all of whom look similar to elves) and Whispers... Faerry - different species, possibly different genera/families. Arawn does not consider himself an elf but I understand how a Detection spell might identify him as such:)

Friendly Current:

   The spell is in both groups spell families but the rules are different depending on whether it's from Water or Sea Powers.

   - Sea Powers Version - Duration: EL+1 Strategic Turns, Speed: (EL+1) x 3 miles added each day
   - Water Powers Version - as above but Speed is 50% lower.

   Assuming Dorhak would like Arawn to cast this I'll have Arawn cast it at max EL, using Tongue of the Water to boost. Rerolling any failures up to 5 times.  He'll recast it whenever the current spell times out.

Food and Water:

   I'm hoping to have Arawn do at least some of the cooking for the party while at sea (he has training in Cooking as a Skill). Good food hopefully means a happier and healthier party once we disembark!

   Regarding food...

   - Arawn has a scroll with the Sustenance spell (MEL 5/EL 2) that he can use to help extend our food supplies. It would provide 8 FP daily.
   - He can also regularly cast Preservation to extend the life of any fresh food supplies.
   - He also has 40 pieces of Elven Waybread to help out if we run low on food. Scott, how many FP per Waybread?

   Regarding water...

   - If we begin to run low Arawn has two options - Ball Powers (Other/Water) (a lot of water!) and he also has Sweeten Water (a small amount for now but would grow quickly if cast regularly).

   Just let me know if you'd like Arawn to use any of these abilities so I can give Scott details.

Corsaya:

   Once Ix and Zol Zim are returned to Sivas Arawn will Translocate Corsaya and himself to the edge of the Sacred Forest (unless she has another place she'd prefer to be), cross over so she can roam freely in a safe place surrounded by Sidh/Neutral/Elder forces. He'll also leave her gear there as well and then return to board the ship.

IC:

[Kaz's Cabin,  5:29 pm]

   "I do," Arawn calmly replied. "Though I can understand why you might sense me as one. I had only hoped to politely correct the mistake. And I could explain why but I do not think it would change your perceptions. Only time and experience may change that. Perhaps one day we might have the time and the pleasure.

   But it is a wonderful innate talent you have, much like the Sidh's innate talent for empathy or to sense and see magical auras. It would appear we have much in common...

   And, of course, out of respect for your wishes, I have ignored my innate talents while hoping for the same measure of respect."

   He smiled while speaking and continued to do so afterwards. It was a polite smile, soft and thoughtful, though he expected Kaz to interpret it otherwise. However the past might have poisoned the hermit's outlook the man's isolation seemed to do little to heal or add to his worldly wisdom, the opportunity for growth now replaced by the painful feeding of solipsistic views.

---

   Afterwards, shortly before their departure back to Sivas, Arawn took some time to speak with the shamaness.

   "I you don't mind my asking, as you'll be traveling alongside me and my companions, how do you navigate in this world? Is your vision partially or fully impaired?
   I only ask as we'll be facing challenges alongside each other and it would be wise for us to know what limitations you might have, in as well as out of battle?"