[pnpgm] Game Update #28 - File #285 - Raddok always armed

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 03:55:12 CEST 2018

Game Update #28 - File #285 - Raddok always armed

[OOC: I thought the months were only 30 days long & posts had Marqi with 31 days. As per the posted schedule (with the extra day), I have selected the weapon(s) Raddok would have for this day (Apris 4).

[IC] Raddok has received not just a fighting dagger, but a throwing one from Z'leyra. He secretly hopes to pay her back for at least some of the cost, but is very grateful that his few coins are still intact. After learning about the loss of fighting skills on board ship, has asked Z'leyra if he could focus on learning Seamanship for the first two weeks at sea, then explains to Kiet that he had decided to delay learning dagger skills until they were on dry land. He has spent every day learning Seamanship.

Raddok is taking advantage of the offer to learn swimming while in port, and spends a bare hour in the water, learning how to float and the basic strokes. He feels fatigue (after all, he is learning seamanship as well) after that, so knows this will be a slow process - but at least he can keep his head above water along the wharf.

Raddok has worn a weapon every day, whether on board ship or not. [OOC: I'm keeping a calendar/schedule]
 As Raddok has come along on this trip offering his fighting skills, as well as mining, he feels an obligation to use those skills, so is always wearing a weapon, in its belt sling (both mace & sword have belt slings), even while undergoing seamanship training. He rotates the weapons he carries daily, and is wearing his mace on Apris 4th (the day of the attack). He is not wearing armor, due to the heat, but since he's got the mace, he also has his shield out, sitting on top of his weapons locker nearby, covered by his quilted armor to keep the sun from heating it up too much to handle. His leather armor is in the locker with his sword today.

When Raddok (top deck, midship) perceives the first invaders, he leap to a stand, draws his mace and scrambles for his shield, which is on top of the locker nearby (also top deck, midship). If a merman is within reach, he will strike at the merman first, then head for the shield. He will avoid turning his back on the attackers, and will move at a sideways scramble toward the shield. He will also give out a very loud yell for attention.

[OOC- I figure this uses up the 2 phases, if only 6 seconds long. I figure he won't reach the shield to slip it in place until the 3rd phase (or 4th, if delayed by mermen) - another 6 seconds? --This is only if his plan is not forced to be changed by whatever is going to happen next. If I'm off on figuring the time, let me know & add more as per what I've already written here.]

Bess L. Hadley