[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 04:41:44 CEST 2018

Dorhak is appalled at the damage done by the fish people.  Why, they damn near destroyed his (well, his with the other dwarves) boat.  No.  The sailors all say ship.  The fiends.  He’s just sorry there aren’t more of them to kill.

"sailors, repair the sails as best you can.  We'll limp into the next port and hope to find more."  He looks like he is thinking a bit, then says "Arawn, can you still keep the ship going with your magic?"

also, I think this means we will need to keep arms close at hand every day and night.  I’ll set up a schedule.  You Fae will do best at night, as will we dwarves.  You sailors from Damon will not have any night duty.  Those that are on guard are expected to be armed, with shields nearby.  Armor is up to you."

ooc- the schedule will be developed later.  But the assignment happen here.

toward evening that day, just before sundown, Dorhak walks to the bow of the ship, proud that he’s using the correct terms.  He stands there for a short time, looking out over the water, the sun looking like a red fire about to douse itself in the sea.  He bows his head and begins to sing in a deep voice:

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep, and caverns old
We must away,'ere break of day
To find our long forgotten gold
The pines were roaring on the height
The winds were moaning in the night
The fire was red, it flaming spread
The trees like torches blazed with light

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep, and caverns old
For ancient king, and elvish lord
There many a gleaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems, on hilt of sword

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep, and caverns old
We must away ere break of day
To see the pale, enchanted gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v65ffiQvo6A

Ooc- if you want real audio click the link

After he's done, and the sun passes away for this day, he turns away wearily, and heads to his cabin.