[pnpgm] Game #8 - update #17 - Raddok

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 27 21:09:56 CEST 2018

Update #17 - Raddok

[~12:50pm]

As Raddok returns to the top deck with the other two from the smugglers hold, he feels himself relax in the warm sunlight & takes a deep breath of the sea air. Then he suddenly remembers something he's overheard from a (now-former) Baru crew member & turns to Arawn. "Are we in Sivas?" he asks, feeling foolish that he's forgotten which port the ship had docked in. Arawn, looking mildly surprised, turns to him & answers "Yes."

"That's good, then. This is the city where I had my horse sent." He turns to Arawn & says seriously, while also looking about him at the new dock site & the people on board. "I feel a bit responsible that those dwarves were slaves & that I let myself stay in the dark about them." He looks around, & sees the dwarves haven't returned yet. "Now, they seem free to return home, but what if there's another ship, or more, out there gathering more dwarf miners for slaves?" He put his gear down & began to don his armor, but only put on the tan quilted armor, leaving the leather set & his leather helmet off in the warm weather, for now.

He looks at the elf & the red-haired beauty, Mae, and notices Mae looking around as if her mind was elsewhere. Raddok tell Arawn, "If you or your friends are following up on this - situation, I want to go with you. I feel I must help, however I can. I can carry my own weight in a fight." He scans the horizon, quickly at the sea & more slowly over the city skyline.

"If you are taking horses, I can pick mine up, if someone will give me the directions to the stable where I had him shipped. I could even leave now, while we're waiting for everyone to return."

He pauses, then adds, "But I'm sure you all will first have a lot to discuss, so I'm willing to wait on your decision. What else can I do while we wait? Do you want me to rustle up a meal, not that I've experience cooking for others, only myself, but I can sear meat & wash some fruit & vegetables & maybe boil some potatoes, if there are any."

[IC: here he waits for a (hopefully positive) response, or a chore, and possible acceptance on the venture, & either directions or an escort or guide to gather his horse, a buckskin warhorse II (if it's going to be needed).]

Bess L. Hadley