[pnpgm] Game Update #17a - File #178 - Recap update

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 05:32:55 CEST 2018

v y     HT         Player       Character Name     Type    Status/Notes   Sex
   -- ------------------------------------------------------------------
   FH.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar... Ma
   ...Kevin Newark..........Dorhak............Warrior.Normal/Dwarf....Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   --.Rachelle.Gauthier ... Ix...........     ??????..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   ...Don.Kerr..............Maelorna..........Dancer..Normal/Human....Fe
   ...Gilbert.Isla..........Mournath..........Sailor..Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   --.Bess.Hadley...........Raddok............Miner...Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Zol Zim (Wolf) - Ix

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #17a sequence (file #178)

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
          Game #8 for Update #17 (1st note; if some dialog opportunities
          come in, will send more)

          OOC: Since we are covering more time for this next update, I'm
          explaining things in general in this note & not writing specific
          dialogue (unless get some before Saturday that spurs me to write
          an immediate response)

          [approx 11 a.m.]

          Raddok will be uncomfortable if/when Arawn leaves the deck &
          will stand ask him if he can accompany him, since no one else
          seems to understand him (that he knows of).

          He'll want to follow Arawn down to the 2nd deck & show him his
          cabin & belongings, & even to the 3rd deck, if Arawn is with him.
          He's naturally leery of being arrested if found alone down there,
          however, in that miasma - he's in a foreign land & barely even
          stepped off the ship here; he doesn't want to land in jail,
          especially when he can't talk to but a few people who might have
          a common language.

          [below: whatever times work for these info points to come into story]

          When asked (by whoever) if he reads Fomorian, he will say he
          cannot read or write anything, but did learn to recognize a few
          Fomorian words on notices, such as "mine," "rates," "fees,"
          "fines," "warning - danger," and how to read the local currency
          listings. He says he understands some 'spoken' Fomorian, having
          spent almost two months there waiting on a ship, and doing odd
          jobs to pay his way. He feels he speaks about as well as an 8-
          10-year old child. (OOC: is this right for EL 24?)

          He can explain he did some teamstering both in Donara & and in
          other places, including Vahear, and was also been a miner in
          Donara, south of Samma, where he et his first dwarves - a
          contracted company to help open a new mine there. He learned a
          lot from them, & respected their vast knowledge of stone.

          He will add he also did some informal security - guard work -
          while travelling with various mining & trading caravans on the
          road in several places, as well as on board ship in the Sea of
          Tears.

          He will say that he's put a hand to the lines on ships when they
          needed help, perhaps a few hours' experience - in storms &
          suchlike - but never got official seaman's training, mostly just
          an extra pair of hands.

          If the two side missions develop, he's most likely, for the
          same ' language' reason, to travel with Arawn, and to start
          trying to learn the group's common language (what is it -
          Marentian?)

          OOC: When he dons his gear, he usually wears the sword to his
          left with a cross-draw setting, the mace on his right (ready to
          hand) & his shield on his back. If he has a horse provided, he
          has a saddle & bridle, & will stash the sword by a special strap
          on the left side of the saddle front & the mace on the right; the
          shield he wears on his back, unless it's friendly/safe territory.
          If the ship is going to be used in the future adventure, he will
          leave his gear there in his cabin(anything cumbersome, like the
          saddle, & his backrack/bags). He has no more gear than he can
          carry, but his hands will be full if he has to hand-carry the
          saddle & a weapon in his hands, backrack & s hield on his back.
          If it's more convenient to the party, he will sell both saddle &
          bridle, but not his personal belongings, most of which are on-
          the-road camping supplies (necessary stuff).

          How comfortable he will be in the city is to be determined by the
          GM; he's pretty close, but not quite, a noobie, with only about 7-
          8 weeks spent in one city (I sent Scott a question re subject)

          Sorry this is so long, but I figure most of this info will come
          out over four hours time (unless there's to be fighting - lol) &
          it's natural for him to share it when he wants to help & this
          group are the ones who seem to be taking action to solve the puzzle.

          P.S> Thanks again for the welcome. Hi, everyone!
         GM: Ack.  Problem with posting ahead of time is it is hard
             for GM to add each generic section into main body of text.
             It is probably better to post after the update and to it
             retroactive.  So can add specific things.  But as GM these
             generic things are harder to coordinate.  So I hope I did
             it well and covered basic points of your post.  Yes.  Marentia
             is common tongue.  As to gear that may be decides in a few
             weeks of our time.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           [Raddok knows of some of the sailor names and rattles a few of
           them off...]

           Arawn committed the information to memory (Memorization
           skill), though he expected that Raddok would be at hand should
           the druid fail to recall every detail. He then thanked both him
           and Mae for their assistance with the wounded before alerting
           Corsaya that all was now well on board the ship.

           [Replies to Bess's post...]

           The alfar smiled and gave the man a nod. "Most of my ...

           [Unali notices Arawn checking the empty berths and briefly
           explains the captain is dead...]

           Arawn asked Unali for any further information, what...

           [OOC: Assuming she tells him - Unali/Wout, let me know if
           Unali would keep anything secret].

           [Smuggler Skills and God's Eyes at max EL to search the ship
           for any hidden rooms, compartments and such.]

           [OOC: Later, once he's done below deck, he'll rejoin the others
           to share any discoveries and ask about any they might have
           discovered. He'll repeat his suggestions shared with Unali to
           the group - Speak with the Dead, Akashic Record. I'll wait to
           see what anyone might have to say
before attempting to speak with dead.

           He'll also spend this time checking in with Mournath, Ix and
           her wolf companion. Basically asking who they are (not Mournath
           of course:), what their story is, languages, goals from here and
           so on. Arawn will mention recognizing Ix from his time in Ba'ru.

           He will also change out of his robes to begin the work of
           cleaning the ship. If all is done before Damon's crew arrives
           Arawn will cast Purification at max EL to remove any taint left
           behind by the unsavory things done on board.

           He will also speak to Damon regarding checking in on the dead
           sailors remaining family so they can be compensated for their
           loss and allow them a fair chance at a good life.

           And Arawn will assist the crew using his Seaman skill when the
           time comes to move the ship. He'll call Corsaya to come aboard
           before doing so or else see her to a place of safety before doing
           so.]
         GM: Ack. Memorize ack but not critical to remember.  Had to
             divide up speeches in 3 parts since it made sense to
             fit in the story.  As to cleaning no it will take days
             to clean the hold.  Probably a half day for the top deck.
             So won't finish at all before Damon arrives and plus you
             will need to get supplies for it.  Can't get rid of smells
             too fast either.  So since this may be weeks from now you
             may need to remind me on this later. :)  Damon doesn't have
             time to sit and figure out who is alive and if they have
             a dad or mom he'll simply deliver the sailors back to Ba'ru
             city and dump them there.  Up to them to go from there.  You'd
             have to go with him though ship may go elsewhere if that is
             the case. ;)

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           I just saw that my post ended up in my Junk Email box again.
           Can  you post my reply so the others can see it just in case.
         GM: Ack.  I posted on that theory elsewhere.  Rest of this post
             was duplicate I just noticed I had twice.

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           Game #8 - re Update #17

           [OOC:  I have seen posts where it seems that non-dwarves are
           speaking Dvallin to Dorhak; I thought Dvallin was only spoken
           between dwarves (per Book 3, Creatures Book); that's why Raddok
           knows Dwarf Elder, their Elder language, which he learned as
           became a Dwarf Friend, but not Dvallin. Is this the way you
           play it, or not? I will go along with whatever works for the
           story]

           [reply to John's post]

           Raddok shares what he knows about the dead sailors - ...

           [If he's present during Arawn's spell-casting, he's going to
           be a bit uncomfortable, but will not 'desert' the elf, unless
           he's told to l eave. He will stand back, & would guard the door,
           if the elf would like that. He's seen enough spell-casting to
           not be scared about it, in general., having known a couple of
           shamans and a few mages]

           [He's willing to go with Arawn to help move the ship, unless
           the elf recommends that he accompany some of the others on one
           of the other missions. He'd like to see the dwarves start their
           way home, but doesn't need to go with them - he feels the
           dwarves' answer to their abduction lay elsewhere & that's
           where he should be looking - with this company if that is also
           their goal. He doesn't really think he can do anything much
           alone, especially in a foreign land.]

           [OOC: He has another odd gift, but not ready to share this yet,
           as GM has not yet indicated whether it's going to effect the
           story, but also because Raddok's rather reticent about it,
           unless it's 'action' makes it obvious to others that something'
           s d ifferent about him & makes it necessary to explain. I feel
           this might happen later in the story, perhaps not far off?]

           [Thanks for the quick notes, John! Fun to answer]
         GM: Ack.  Dorhak is a dwarf so they could share Dvalinn. :)
             I just noticed that rule as well.  So keep this in mind
             a pc or another pc may know it as well so may have
             to change things. :)  Had to figure out which was IC and which
             was OOC stuff.  Like the spell casting comments I assume were
             OOC so left here above.  As to gift I don't recall this but
             I may have missed it in the emails.  :)

         From Ix: [Re: Actions]
           [Replying to Arawan's statement if he is still on deck]

           "I will question the dead, at the least the captain as....

           Ix frowns as she sets down the piece of fruit she was...

           When Damon mentions Ba'ru and the possibility of...
         GM: Ack.  Liked how you gave reference to where to put this
             stuff like the quote and such.  :)  It helps.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet is rather confused but, oddly (for him), pleased...

           He calls over to the man and says "Ho!  Mournath!  I...

           Assuming Unali tells everyone about what happens below...

           If Kiet is invited, he will use his Avian Command spell at
           maximum EL to catch a pigeon or seagull and wring its neck,
           then use that as the 'offering' to the crazy old coot.
         GM: Ack.  Did we have a IBT encounter with vily/wolf? I can't
             recall.  Notice that comment. :)