[pnpgm] Tones and Chances

d kerr megumimika at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:41:08 CET 2017

Maelorna reaches behind her as Zin stands behind her and she caresses his
chest and looks at the shifter with a knowing smile.  'Ok, you have one,
now what?' she asks herself, 'I don't think they'll fall for a bluff and
damn it, I hate doing this.' she curses mentally as a memory comes to mind
from the succubus that Master Gniled summoned to train her.  'A bluff will
often work better than flattery, both are often better than the reality a
mortal knows.

Having the whistle grabbed before she could touch it was less than
pleasing.  She stops for a moment and looks at shifter #2 while still idly
caressing Zin's chest with a finger, "You seem nervous about letting me
come near you." she purrs, mentally gauging the distance between herself
and shifter #2.

"Another step and stay away?" she giggles playfully, "What makes you think
I care for them?  I was content to remain hidden from most of them, only
two of them knew what I was." as she sighs, "Well, only one of them knew,
well now, it seems that the cat's out of the bag and well honestly, do you
think they'll accept me now?  Besides, this toy, " as she indicates Zin,
"killed the one I actually cared for," as she takes a ragged breath,
holding back an emotion she can't afford at the moment, "To think, I had
hoped that I might have had a chance to learn what it means to care for
another without thinking of them as food.  But no, instead you and your
kind have made certain that I have only my other half to fall back on,
which sees males as both a food source and souls to be given to the
Princess."

"I would have been content to continue as a runaway slave they believed I
was, they actually had freed me from the one who claimed me as his own." as
she narrows her gaze, "and now I've broken my promise to them." as she
narrows her gaze looking at him as her smile fades.  "I'm hungry and if you
kill them, then you've killed my source of food and well," as she looks at
him and gives him a playful grin.  "I can always feed upon you."