[pnpgm] Game Update #106

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sun Feb 5 19:25:49 CET 2017

*** Febris 8th (prior to arriving at Sharedon) ***

   Arawn spent the journey lightly springing about on foot, Corsaya freely roaming about as she pleased, the druid aware that she would remain close by should trouble strike the group. As the hours stretched by his silent walking meditation beneath the forest temple gave way to conversation, mainly directed at the new members of the party in between bouts of banter. He seemed particularly interested in Mournath, his own love of the sea, exploration and scholarly pursuit drawing out his curiousity towards another of similar bent.

   "You're a sailor and chronicler, you say? I have some experience with that, as a sailor and navigator, though not as much as I'd like," Arawn said with a warm smile. "Mainly along the eastern shore of this continent and into the Sea of Tears. But I'm eager to explore more, even into the Great Ocean beyond the known lands."

   "Have you been to been on many adventures? Seen many a far-flung shore?"

   He showed a genuine inquisitiveness, eager to hear news of other places he had yet to see and legends yet to be discovered, as he chatted with the man. He even shared bits and pieces of his own voyages, though skirting topics that could only be held safely by those whose trust had been developed by mutual danger and measure of time - Lymria, the dark elves, and even details of the Dark Lands for now, among other things. But this still left plenty for the druid to talk about - from tales of Katai and other distant nations, to pirate raids, and even the party's rescue at sea by a demi-god sea serpent of the Elemental Lord, Zu. He also shared his own plans to one day build a vessel sturdy enough to cross the great span in search of unknown lands.

*** (in Sharedon village) ***

*5:07-5:32pm*

   Ever generous, Arawn offered up the beds to those who so desired, opting instead to camp by the corral to keep the horses company. Until then he kept the others company, mindful of Kanya and asking the occasional question in hopes of learning more about the village. As other Kameri appeared and the invitation to join the festival offered he gave the villagers his thanks and appreciation, asking if there was anything he could do in return.

*6:19pm*

   As the party prepared to make their way to the festival area Arawn presented Z'leyra with a pile of warm winter blankets, clean and well made.

   "Z'leyra, I don't know who the leader is here but it might be best if you present this gift for them to dispense. The rest I'll gather before we head to the capitol."

*6:40pm*

   Meandering here and there, but close enough to assist the others with translation, Arawn tasted the fare, quietly listened in on village talk, and learned what he could of Vahagn as worshipped by the Kameri. Discovering the recent changes in the hot springs the druid inquired among the women, being the ones most likely in the know. There magic was likely more than sufficient to determine the event a natural one, something not requiring the party's intervention, but he hoped to share some ideas regarding how to take advantage of the change.
   Though the waters had most disappeared he called upon his well of knowledge, from the medicinal to the magical, suggesting such things as crafting theraputic mud baths, refined medicines, as well as collecting and trading the sulfur to those who could use it for other means. Likely this was stuff that had already been considered but if an idea or two slipped his lips for them to ponder and benefit from then he saw it as a good thing, hoping to see the village grow once again.

*7:30-10:29pm*

   Between acting as translator for others in the party Arawn found himself cycling back to the altar. Sacrifice was a regular part of worship, the followers of the sidh and other ancient forces being no exception, but what was given could often vary - it was the exchange of energy, giving up for what was given, that was important. He did not know what the Seran was, though he did ask about, but it seemed a rare and precious thing. He hoped that whatever was in the egg was young enough to not suffer and he kept a vigil, praying for the creature's spirit to have an easy transition into the spirit world and for it's own evolution as compensation for its life. And all the while he sent out loving thoughts to it, and to the village as well that all might benefit and grow.

*** Febris 9th ***

*6:08am*

   The continual pressure on his head had grown day by day but Arawn pushed past it as best he could when the others began to rise. Sipping Kalya beside Dorhak he gave the dwarf a grin as he dealt with his hangover and grumbled about last night's wrestling match.

   "If you'd like I can show you a few moves that you might be able to pull off next time," he offered between sips of spiced tea.

*** [I don't think Z wants to finish home alone so if you want to join that's fine.] ***

   Scott, not sure who this is directed at or what you mean?