[pnpgm] Game Update #78 - File #516 - Unali's Cure

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 20:43:14 CEST 2016

`f
   HT     Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   FH.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   W3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   W2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   ...Kevin Newark..........Dorhak............Warrior.Normal/Dwarf....Ma
   R3.Fukishtu.NEwsome......Npc...............Chief...Normal/Human....Ma
   R3.Lucria.Cegra..........Npc...............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #78 sequence (file #516)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           In Marentian and Zen'dali Z'leyra says, "Please, all of you
           gather close around. Have a seat facing me. Watch. I would
           like to commune with the spirits over this." She indicates
           for them to sit in front of her within 15 feet. Telling the
           horses to stay, she takes out her shamanic drum (tambourine),
           kneels down and starts beating out a repetitive pattern. Soon
           she rocks her head back and starts speaking in Kameran.

           Â Soon she stops beating her drum, she grabs her staff and
           speaks some more and then spends some moments staring into
           the eyes of each person that will meet her gaze.

           Â <Those who know much about shamans or who can see magic
           can tell she cast a spell and may choose to avert their
           eyes or resist the spell. Those that don't know and can't
           see magic just know that she did some shamanic ceremony.>

           The spells she cast were Orient Self on herself EL11 to give
           herself enough time for all the gazing she expects to do.
           Followed by sufficient EL2 Soul Sight spells through her
           staff to gather the relevant information from each that
           would meet her gaze. She also notes which chose to avert
           their gaze or resist the spell.

           [Janaq 15th, 1635TH]
           [Zen'da Eastern Plains - River Sich edge]

           [Time: 7:20 am]

             Kiet's magic just confirmed what his observations already
           told him.

             After Pyangalore approaches Kiet, the acrobat's right
           eyebrow raises and a small smile appears on his lips. This is
           the most the quiet Hunter has said in weeks.  After he asks
           about Unali's mental health, Kiet replies to him in Omava and
           says. "Yes, she is having problems.  She's cursed.  We need to
           talk to Z'leyra at once.  Please. Come."

             Kiet motions to the Hunter to follow him.  He heads over to
           Z'leyra and switches to Marentian.  "Z'leyra, we have a
           problem.  Unali is cursed!  The problem, besides the curse, is
           what will she do to stop anyone from removing the curse?"  He
           looks over to Pyan, then back to Z and says, "I think you are
           the only one that can help her.  Do we need to do anything to
           make her more...um...receptive?  I'm afraid if we aren't careful
           she will begin to hunt us after any such attempt."

             Kiet watches as Z'leyra continues to don her armor for some
           reason.  Why put on armor at time like this?  Unless she
           suspects she could be attacked.  Kiet glances at Unali and
           figures that is possible.

             Arawn overhears Kiet and moves toward his horse.  Unali looks
           down after watching Corona.  She hears her name and stares
           at Kiet.  Why does Kiet say such things?  Is he behind this?
           Did he know?  Maybe if she drives him through it would all
           stop?

             Z'leyra finishes and Arawn notices Unali get even more
           nervous and upset.  Arawn begins to speak that he is
           only helping and not wanting to harm her. He raises his
           hands and moves slowly toward Unali's horse.

             In Marentian and Zen'dali Z'leyra says, "Please, all of you
           gather close around. Have a seat facing me. Watch. I would
           like to commune with the spirits over this." She indicates
           for them to sit in front of her within 15 feet. Telling the
           horses to stay, she takes out her shamanic drum (tambourine),
           kneels down and starts beating out a repetitive pattern. Soon
           she rocks her head back and starts speaking in Kameran.

             AS Z'leyra enters her trance Unali glares at Z'leyra.
           Magic against her?  Unali whirls her horse around and begins
           to gallop fast away.  Arawn curses and runs to his horse
           frowning at Z'leyra for scaring Unali away.

             Fremea hears Z'leyra but is looking at the dead Griffin
           that Kiet kills and inspecting it.  She decides not to
           gather close to Z'leyra.

             Kiet is still nearby but turns his back watching Unali
           as she rides off.  He does not meet her gaze.

             Dorhak sees the odd woman ride off and grunts.  Another
           victory!  Scared of his might!  He lowers the axe finally
           and grunts hearing Z'leyra.  Why is she making music
           with that drum?  Such a odd time to do so.  But the dwarf
           is unsure what this is about.  He steps back beyond the
           15 feet and instead stares at others for the first time
           getting a good look at the others but not meeting Z'leyra's
           gaze.

             Fuk and Lucria glance at each other.  Fuk decides to get
           to his horse.  He is not needed for such things to help
           the crazed woman unless to chase her down.  Fuk moves to
           his horse and prepares it for leaving.

             Lucria shrugs and has nothing to hide.

             Kell considers going to help Unali and moves to his horse.

             Then Arawn mounts the fay horse and gallops off after
           Unali.

             Z'leyra completes her spell and begins the soul sight
           spell.  She notices that only Lucria and Pyan remain in
           the range and who seem to look at her.

             Arawn rides fast and hard after Unali.  The druid smiles
           as the fast horse moves in the wind.  Those who watch
           like Kiet see the horse seem so much faster than the
           others.  In fact Arawn knows his horse is probably faster
           than all the horses combined.

             Z'leyra stares at Lucria.  She learns things already
           known that Lucria seems lawful, that he is not a magic
           user, his emotional state is annoyed and confused by
           this nonsense and seems to have no talents.  Z'leyra can't
           tell if he is lying as he hasn't spoken to her.  His intent
           seems to yawn from boredom and then maybe find a bush to
           relive himself.  Does not seem to be influenced or under
           such forces.

             Arawn is now only 30 feet behind Unali.  She glances
           back and frowns.  Arawn begins to explain he can understand
           her situation  Using magic against her will or with permission
           is not something he'd care to do.  That he can understand
           her reason for fleeing.  That he can help her.  As they
           both ride he pleads and explains that he would never betray
           her.

             Arawn then gets an idea he pleads to Unali's horse to stop
           that he is here to help Unali.  Arawn's fay horse then
           over takes Unali's with ease.

             A few seconds later Unali's horse stops.  She begins
           to spur and demand movement but the horse remains in
           place.  Arawn dismounts and reaches into his pouch before
           turning to face Unali.

             Arawn notices they are now some 250 feet away from
           the others.  Arawn raises his hands.  He explains that
           she is indeed cursed but not from her friends.

             Unali then sees a memory flash in her mind.  A scene
           set in a dark room facing a woman seated.

             Arawn notices Unali seem to relax her hand from her dagger
           as if she is considering this and makes his move.  He
           reaches for Unali's leg and touches his topaz against
           her leg.

             Unali returns back from her memory and glares down.  She
           draws her magical dagger.  The flash of clairvoyance shows
           that Arawn intends no immediate harm.  Then she seems to
           feel a bit different.  She lowers the dagger just a few
           inches and looks around as if confused.

             Arawn smiles and hopes the immunity to a curse is now
           affecting Unali.  It won't be a cure but it will at least
           give him time.  Arawn steps back and raises his hand to
           reveal the stone.  It is attached to a necklace.

             Arawn continues to talk in soft smooth tones.  He explains
           he can help cure her problem.  If she will allow it.

             Unali stares at Arawn then back to the others far away.
           The dagger Z'leyra made reveals no harm from Arawn.  But
           if Kiet cursed her?  No that makes no sense.  He can barely
           avoid snakes much less cause curses.  Unali lowers her
           dagger and dismounts.

             Arawn nods and explains he will make a potion of simple
           water with this stone he points at in his necklace.  It
           will then cure her.

             Unali considers this.  Water?  What harm could this be?
           Then she recalls the talisman with such a stone.  She had
           researched the merits at the time.  Something about curing
           the insane and cursed.  So that is his plan.  She lowers
           the dagger but does not sheath it.

             Arawn nods and moves to his bag to get the needed goblet
           and some of his water.  He shows what he is doing step by
           step to ensure no tricks.  He pours the water in the goblet
           and then drinks some to ensure its not poisoned.  She nods
           and then he continues to make the potion.

             Arawn hands the goblet to Unali.  She inspects it and
           then drinks.  She begins to blink a bit too much and
           recalls that dark room.  The captured woman and her
           threats against Unali.  She sheathes her dagger and
           smiles.

             Arawn smiles back and asks if she would not to return
           to the group.  Unali glances back and sees the dwarf.
           Why is that with them now? She needs to catch up.  She
           nods and mounts up.

             Both ride slowly back to the party as Arawn quickly
           explains the dwarf just appeared and may have helped
           Fremea.

             Everyone turns to see Unali and Arawn arrive.  It is
           clear the tension is gone.  Dorhak even notices she is
           holding no daggers this time.  Unali glances at the dwarf
           and even gives a slight smile.

             Fuk on his horse looks to Unali, "you seem fine now.
           What happened to you?"

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update..Monday???

           GM: A small update.  Tons of behind scene stuff for it and
               some. Emails flowing.  Kiet discovering the curse with
               simple magic and emaiing folks.  Lost of emails back and
               forth on the soul sight spell   Many did not agree
               to the sell on them without being asked or told why.
               I personally would agree with it.  Soul Sight is one
               of those spells that reveals too much private things.
               Its like superman with xray eyes seeing what is under
               some ladies clothing.  Just a bit odd for me.

               I had hoped you guys would've figured out Dorhaks method
               of travel.  Do  you guys just leave him here?  Now that
               Unali is cured still need to resolve that issue.
               I outlined options in update a few weeks ago.  Riding
               on horse would be hard for gear and others.  No pack
               animals.

               Let me know what you guys decide on Dorhak.

               We can't move on until this is resolved.  I work Monday
               so will work on update Monday evening.  (6pm est)

           GM: Soul Sight: I got private wishes on those who did not
               wish to meet gaze or resist.  Thus the above.

               Pyan: Did you meet her gaze?  Being a PC it is your choice.
                 If unsure on spell check Wout's site or I can email
                 you a copy of it.  If you agree I'll give Z the
                 results.  I can do it private or in update.

               Lucria: Already knew it so didn't care.

               Kell: Technically your a pc still so I had no idea
                 if you would allow or not.  Mark I will say if
                 you do not return by 10/1 I'll have to npc you again.
                 I hope your still out there.