[pnpgm] Game Update #63 - File #461 - Replies ot posts

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 23:44:39 CEST 2016

   HT     Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   W3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   --.Fukishtu.NEwsome......Npc...............Chief...Normal/Human....Ma
   --.Lucria.Cegra..........Npc...............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #63 sequence (file #461)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra makes, enchants and hands out to each party member if
           they want it a large bag that can contain 88 lbs. before it
           starts to feel heavier and maxes out at 128 lbs. capacity when
           it weighs 40 lbs.

           Kell already has been given saddlebags of similar nature.
           Fremea is offered a purse of the same but lesser enchantment
           since a large bag may be a bit much to carry size wise.
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           As water is likely an issue Arawn is working on setting up a
           meeting with Cetric prior to the party heading out to help plot
           out watering holes for the the group as they cross the plains.
           Aside from any snow that might be around he's going to try and
           pick up a portable containment device to help fill skins/trough
           during rain (or during a Tempest spell). And Water from Stone
           would be his last option.

           If anyone has any suggestions or ideas to share he'll be happy
           to hear them.
         GM: Ack. Keep in mind Cetric's area goes away once cross the river.
             So other nomads would need to be found for such info.  So you
             are fine up till river.  So if you want to skip the cetric
             meeting let me know asap so I can skip it in IBT.  He'd
             have said the same thing.  If meeting with Chion he'd say
             the same thing.  Waters do shift on the plains as the nomads
             move with the food.  So once cross the river it will be
             harder.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Regarding food for the horses - from one of Scott's previous
           posts he said that the horses will need 420FP for the journey
           to Kameran. He said that they can graze to cover about 2FP a
           day each (total of 280FP in grazing). And Z'leyra baked horse
           wafers/ treats worth 64FP.   420-280-64 = 76FP remaining to be
           covered.

           If this is correct then we'll only need 1 bag of grain each
           (less if we go with Book 1 v2 which has a 10lb bag of
grain worth 40FP)

           Scott, does this look correct to you?
         GM: Ack. How I do grazing is pure random.  So I base it on
             D4 but its really D40.  So could be 0.0 for 0 grass
             or 4.0 for 4 fp per day for that horse.  This is the
             best and easiest way.  It could be correct.  But I still
             am not sure on route.  Z may decide to go up river and
             west or straight diagonal.  So it may be X or X+Y more
             miles.  My estimate is just that a estimate.

         From Mark: [Re: Sheet]
           Oh yeah. Votes.
           I vote for Excel. I track everything in excel, and find the
           formulas very helpful.  Next vote is an updated text or word
           format.  Between Text and Word there isn't a ton of difference
           to me, just I have to do the math.

           More coming on items (passing them out, as Scott pointed out I
           forgot to hand them out in IBT) and some more on items and
           reaction to Kell's surprise party.
         GM: Ack. Thanks for vote.  I appreciate input.  I'm not saying
             this to sway.  But extra programs/windows does take more
             time than a simple text file.  So more programs means more
             time to do it/process it.  So this could delay things a bit
             longer.  But as you guys are happy with that I'm happy
             with it.  I used to be great with spreadsheets. I have
             some mighty Battle Tech sheets in the 80s/early 90s.  But
             I'm not as skilled as I rarely use them.  So I will have
             to learn to do the formulae and such again.  Which I do not
             mind.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           Kell is planning on carrying 3 bags of grain on his new horse,
           and as much water as possible.  Not sure how much that is yet,
           but should be a good amount of water.

           I'm working on that now and will be sending it to Scott today.
         GM: Ack.  I will be posting my food report after this update.
             It will be how I track things.  IT will be online but
             rarely posted.  Its for my book keeping methods. I already
             see you have 4 bags of grain probably done in IBT.

         From Kiet: [Re: Food]
           Kiet shakes his head slightly in disbelief.  "Whatever" he says
           to himself.

           Out loud, he says "I won't need any grain for my horse.  I
           already have that taken care of.  No need to carry extra for
           me that we won't use."

           [Decalis 24th]

             [None - until done with Arawn's IBT]

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update....Monday??

           GM: Not much a update but just replies on posts.  I'm
               behind on things.  But starting Arawn's IBT today.
               It will take a few days since I work next 5 days.

               We are 5 out of 9 IBTs done.  So getting there.   I
               suspect the others will be quicker than the first
               ones since they have lots to do.  But so far the
               others have not sent in IBTs.

               A note on bags.  Since the '80s I've ALWAYS hated
               magical bags especially bags of holding.  In D&D
               I felt they were abused and too convenient.  I saw
               stupid ridiculous items in it.  Just to me like
               cheating.  Travel should be a hardship not a simple
               teleport to avoid the dangers. :)  A hero's journey
               as Campbell says is much more exciting then the
               destination.  It is a bit exaggeration but putting
               things like a wagon or I've even heard plans to put
               a sailboat in one with magic.  To me is insane.  So
               of all magical items created these are my bane.   So
               I may have to toughen things up harder later :)
               Stay tuned.  Magic is a tool and a privilege to me.
               But it should not be, IMHO, be used to take advantage
               of situations 24/7.   So items to give you +200% to
               gambling is cheating to me.   So this is why I will
               always have Critical failures and successes.  :)  You
               can have 1000% chance of success but a simple die roll
               could mean failure and badly.  In fact badly enough
               to be far worse than having a 77% chance would have.
               This reflects the god's whims.  I believe in strongly
               in the Once Upon a Time magic that all magic has a price.
               While it may not be obvious the fates are recording those
               prices. :)  This isn't personal to Z's bags.  I just
               hate them whoever does them. :)

           GM: IBT Details: [Dec 25 - Jan 7 (Leave Jan 8)]

                   Player      IBT Sent in    Processed
                 Arawn             Yes [#4]      Started...
                 Fremea            No            -
                 Kell              Yes           Completed
                 Kiet              Yes           Completed
                 Unali             No            -
                 Pyan              No            -
                 Z'leyra           Yes           Completed
                 Chief             Yes           Completed
                 lucria            Yes           Completed

           GM: Distances: (to remind myself later)

               Sivas to Village by Land:

                  Path                     Hexes  Distance
                Sivas to Maren [Road]       12      240 miles
                Maren to Cholchara [Road]    9      180 miles
                Road to Marentia Fort        3.5     70 miles
                  Option-to Ba'ru City       3       60 miles
                Fort to Village [Plain]     21      420 miles
                  Option: Ba'ru to Village  23      460 miles

                Total: 910-950Miles depending on Ba'ru visit

               Sivas to Village by water

                River to Village            31      620 miles
                River to Village             5      100 miles

                Total: 720 Miles

               Village to Kameran border (roughly)

                Zen'da Plains to Border     43      860 miles

               These are rough estimates and I may be off a few
               hexes. These are various options.

               So let's say ship wagon/horses by barge up river.
               So let's assume a simple barge doing 10-20 miles
               per day.  Might even do more with good winds.  Let's
               assume 15 on average.  That's 40 days.  Ok.  So shipping
               ahead of time may not be a good option. :)

               How about going to Ba'ru and getting supplies there?
               Wagons? Horses?  That is the closest large city to
               the village.  If prepare is done at start of IBT and
               say a person ships those items (wagon/horses from Ba'ru)
               to village then would need only cross 460 miles.
               At 25 per day would be 19 days.  Almost in the IBT
               time period.

               As GM I'm only trying to cover options.  You guys have
               to do some serious logistics to decide.  Mainly the
               horses and/or wagon/food.  To fit within the 2 weeks.
               Above there are some option as well.  Chion if in town
               could be swayed to help as he could probably teleport
               2-3 wagons in one jump.