[pnpgm] ready to start trip?

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Wed Jul 13 21:55:15 CEST 2016

Before leaving town Z'leyra buys leather, gut twine, horn and glue
making materials to make perhaps 4 large waterbags with. Looking at her
satchel, boots and other leather items she is amazed at the masterful
quality of work she used to do. Apparently getting hit in the head gave
her aphasia which necessitates that she relearn her leather working skills.

Because she apparently has memory problems she double checks the items
she is leaving in her manor, just to see if she should take any of the
items. She checks her own gear she is taking and adds a few items for
use as presents.

[I will send Scott ANOTHER list of what Z'leyra takes and what she
leaves as they may have been miscommunication about the first such list.]

Z'leyra tells the party "Water bags can be filled with snow, put behind
the saddles, under the bedrolls and use the heat of the horses to melt
the snow. Several gallons a day can be obtained this way if we fill the
waterbags with snow at each stop. We will be traveling about 29 miles
per day. Fremea can ride along with any that don't have heavily loaded
horses."

She checks with each to see if they have appropriate winter gear, boots,
mittens, et cetera. She plans to also check with each horse and examine
horseshoes, hooves and tack.