[pnpgm] Game Update #41 - Who killed Tiren....Truth time...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 06:06:56 CET 2016

   HT     Player        DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #41 sequence (file #299)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra decides to practice Akasha seven more times to get to
           the skill level needed for the distance into the past she must
           go so over the next two hours she will demonstrate the spell at
           EL0 for any interested at her uncle's house. The demonstrations
           are of who handled various objects (cups, silverware and similar
           objects). To do so, using her wand she first casts Purification
           EL0 then again using the wand casts the EL0 Akasha and describes
           who (if any) handled the item in the last two weeks. this she
           does for seven items.

           [This should use 28+7=35 mana to get the 28 xp to improve her
           skill in the spell to EL7.]

           She will then take off her Chalcedony necklace and hand it to
           Arawn for temporary safekeeping. Then keeping more than a dozen
           feet from Arawn Z'leyra will cast thru her wand a Major Illusion
           of a doghouse with a funny looking beagle lying on his back
           asleep on top of it. After it is cast she motions Arawn towards
           it and the illusion should vanish when Arawn gets within 10
           feet of it. She takes the Chalcedony necklace and puts it on
           again.

           "Fremea. A favor if I may. Could you observe these...

           At the appointed time she and whomever goes with her arrive at
           the site of the burnt workshop/house. She again explains what
           she plans to do and offers the deputy and whomever he brought
           with them the chance to examine her wand and ring which she
           plans to use to assist in her spell casting.

           After given the go ahead by the deputy, Z'leyra will then
           cast (all thru her wand) the Purification for the Ward Pact at
           EL2; the Sidh Purification EL2 for the Major illusion; the Ward
           Pact at EL2; (she hands off her Chalcedony necklace to Arawn to
           keep more than 10' away) then casts the Major Illusion at EL2
           to complete the Ward. Then she pays the 10 mana points to put
           the Ward in effect. [The intent she puts into the ward is that
           any time an Akasha spell is cast in the area it will trigger a
           Major Illusion that will be somewhat transparent and show  what
           is revealed by the Akasha spell. No more, no less.]

           After the ward is set and verified by the deputy, Z'leyra will
           cast (thru the wand) the Purification EL0 for the Akasha, then
           the Akasha at EL7. She will first observe the week just past,
           up to the present moment, then quickly go back to the last day
           that the workshop/house was still standing in good shape, then
           she will observe the last day standing through to when the
           investigators are through looking at the burnt remains.

            Afterwards she retrieves her necklace and checks to see what
            the deputy's reaction is.
         GM: Ack. I've decided this type of retro action to practice
             is too late.  There was a month before hand to practice.
             Since this greatly affects the current from benefits of
             changing the past can't do.  Its like that book you need
             to solve something but forget it 100 miles away but then
             just say you took it with you.  It would benefit the
             current thing so not allowed.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           [ooc- First, I'm sorry for just dropping like that.  I've
           been depressed, and that is one of the bad things I do.
           Sadly.  So I just ran away from everything.  I apologize.
           Thanks for accepting me back. :)  I have missed it an all
           you guys!  Onto the game...

           One more thing. There is a small sporting event today, maybe
           you have heard of it?  Denver happens to be playing, so go
           Denver!!! I like in Colorado and have been a Broncos fan for
           a good 30 years. Not the best fan, but a fan.   ]

           [At the library]

           Ha'Kell is excited to find some books that may help his
           search. He will try to get them copied even faster if possible.
           Possibly into a language he can read very well too.

           [At the lunch with the big speech]
           He sits and uses Mana Sensing on each person as they...

           [.....]

           Kell doesn't like Mr. Smith, is he just a jerk or something
           more there?  He's going to discreetly ask around and spend the
           next few hours trying to learn what he can about Mr. Smith.
           Possibly this is just some neo-lythic man with no manners,
           but Kell wants to be sure.

           [...]

           Kell goes to the house 20 minutes early and setups up where he
           can watch everyone arrive.  Making sure he has his armor and
           Vambraces on, ready to assist however necessary.
         GM: Ack.  Broncos...those truck things?  Yeah they are cool. :)
             Books.  Books around 400 pages.  Takes 15 pages to be copied
             per hour (they copy every letter down to the shape from
             original styled text).   Thanks to the Google Demons it
             seems average books have 350 words at average 5 character
             words.  A scribe can do 2 characters per second.  So
             that's 350x5=1750 characters.  So scribe can do a page
             in 875 seconds or roughly 15 minutes per page.  The
             two books are 291 and 330 pages or total of 621 pages (sorry
             I'm a details guy).  A scribe working 8 hours can do 15x4
             for 4 pages per hour.  So 8x4=32 pages.  If you hire 3 for
             3 8 hour shifts that's 32*3=96 pages per day.  If doing 2
             books that's 192 pages per day.  621/192=3.2 days  Course
             that means no breaks.  A scribe will need an hour each day.
             So that's 8 pages lost per day.  8x15=120 min or 2 extra
             hours.  If 3.2 is time plus 2 hours that's (0.2x60\12 min)
             round up to 2.5 hours so 3 days and 2.5 hours.  Now that
             we have some data.  Here is expenses:
                 (Day) Scribe normal pay - 1   CC/Hour  (26.5 hrs)
                 (Night) Scribe overtime - 1.5 CC/Hour  (48   hrs)
                 Candle replacement      - 2   BB
                 Quill replacement       - 24  BB
                 Ink replacement (4 oz)  -  4  SC
                 Total Man Hours 3d2.5h  - 74.5 Hours
                           Total         - 102 CC 31 BB
                 Translate to Marentian  - 49  BB
                           Grand Total   - 110 CC
             Whew!  Now I have some data for future situations.  Isn't
             it odd how they do fee for translation at just 49 BB?  Odd
             but it just makes round sense.  I assume you approve this.
             So 4 days.  You can have it shipped to Sivas by ship or
             wagon.  Can probably get 5 BB per 10 miles for wagon and
             10 BB per 10 miles.  By road its 1000 miles by sea probably
             around 800.
                 Wagon Transport         - 5 SC (500 BB) - ~30 days
                 Sea Transport           -10 SC (1000BB) - ~14-20 days
                 Hold per day in Ticasi  - 1 CC per day
             So what do you want done?  Like I say I like details. :)

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea looks a little shocked, but only for a short second,
           when Z asks her to observe the magics. Did she forget that
           no one except the party knows she is a Faerry? Then she
           considers what Z is going through right now, and simply nods
           that she will be glad to do this for her.
         GM: Ack.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           - Kell uses his elf-bred senses and skills to get a reading on
           Smith. He wants to know just how experienced this Smith is,
           whilst not being obvious to Smith.

           --  Oh this dismissive reaction, and especially calling ..

           ---  Kell will be sure to arrive at the house at least 30
           minutes early, staking a good place where he can watch as much
           of the comings and goings as possible.  The handsome half-elf
           doesn't want anyone to leave without them knowing it.  Unless
           Mr. Smith takes too much of his time, or doesn't plan to visit
           the house, then he will need to decide which task is more
           important.  Following or visiting and watching the casting.
         GM: Ack. I appreciate you quoting the section in Reference.  It
             helps to know where to put things.  You could also just
             use the Time Mark and one line of the text.  Arawn quotes
             with time marks and it helps.  But your method is fine.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           [Alone with the party before meeting with the witnesses]

           From the man stomping on the grass to the gazebo out back...

           "At some point it might be worth using your magic on the ...
         GM: Ack.