[pnpgm] Game Update #128 - File #504 - The Tavern Accident

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 07:41:08 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   JH Hooten............YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #128 in sequence (file #504)

        From Kiet: [Re: Illusion EL]
          Correct that maxEL was requested.  My only issue is I thought
          I was EL4 in that spell...was hoping it would last all day.
        GM: Ack.  Correct on EL.  So that is 2^(4+1) or 32 hours.  So
            a full day but not for a week of travel.  BTW you have a
            good level in Donaran already.  So must've used language
            necklace by now (EL49).

        Post from Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:

          Can't recall but has Etain be properly equipped for adventure/
          battle yet (weapon, armor and any other gear he might want)?

          If not Arawn will keep an eye out for a shop (or give gold to
          another party member willing to do the shopping) to purchase
          gear for Etain.

          IC:
            Octagi 3 -

            While working with Fremea to help her let go of the ...

            "It's alright. Much like many an oracle the vision ...

            Octagi 5 -

            "Aside from any shopping or rental returns perhaps it ...
        GM: Ack.  Etain doesn't really desire armor he is more
            a scholar than fighter.  But has padded clothing for
            the winter so sort of armor.  But he does have a simple
            sword.

          [Octagi 3rd, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 8:12:21 pm - Plains, Donara]

            While working with Fremea to help her let go of the
          frustration over the, for now, unclear vision gained from the
          painting he said,

            "It's alright. Much like many an oracle the vision will
          likely become clearer further down the road. Write down your
          vision to help retain the memory for even small details might
          prove beneficial when the time is right."

            Fremea listens to Arawn and understands the wisdom.  But
          she can't help wonder about many things.  Many things that
          just distract her.  He had asked about any dreams she might
          have but like most she doesn't recall great details.  She
          can recall blurs and flashes of being a small fae.  But she
          is not certain if the adults in the flashes were parents or
          not.  She was only a year at most before they "died".  If
          they did indeed die.  Etain believes they are dead but
          there is doubt that may not be the case . Varange seems
          to imply they may not be - but it could just a trick to
          get her to play along.

            Ever since the night she met Varange though in the back
          of her mind she has had feelings of dreams.  Not really
          visual information but a gut feeling.  In her subconscious
          she can sense that has with Varange leads a great Fae army.
          An army against humans, monsters and in the far recesses
          of her mind she feels elves.  Maybe its the first piece she
          touched or the painting's influence or maybe just her
          brain playing tricks.  But she doesn't share some of the
          things as Arawn would find it too disturbing.

            Z'leyra and Unali tells about Varange leading a force
          of Fae in Clima against the fleeing flying ships.  There
          must've been 3 dozen fae and they acted as a unit.  Could
          she be influenced enough to join with Varange as kin-ship
          by the mark to lead her people back to greatness?

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 4th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 11:51:11 pm - Plains, Donara]

            While on watch Arawn decides to cast a blessing spell upon
          himself three times to improve his overall combat ability.
          One never can be careful entering a city that for the most
          part dislikes at best, at worst will kill Sidh on sight.

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 5th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 3:56:33 pm - Plains, Donara]

            "Aside from any shopping or rental returns perhaps it might
          be helpful to look into this 'accident'?," Arawn suggested.
          "The tavern-keeper, alive or dead, might offer us some insight
          and advantage when we finally meet with the Lord Marshall."

          [Time: 4:11:03 pm - Plains, Donara]

            Raban leads the party through the streets.  He has been
          here before.  "It is a nice orderly city.  You can tell from
          the streets that are clean compared to say Samma and Shimana
          that this is the capital.  They take things a bit too
          serious here though.  You won't find much beggars here and
          pick pockets once found are well...never seen again.  Personally
          the whole city creeps me out."

            Arawn notices a jewelry shop and enters.  He asks if they
          sell tools.  But the clerk says no.  This happens at least 3
          more times.

            "They have great pride in their work.  They see you seeking
          tools as if to compete."  Raban adds to Arawn's frustration.

            A fourth shop the owner does have some tools.  But they
          are only for Guild Apprentices.  It would have to be verified
          that Arawn is part of the local guild.

          [Time: 4:38:45 pm - Plains, Donara]

            Arawn finds a sixth story and enters.  "Yes.  We have a
          set of tools.  It is complete for a master.  But I was going
          to ship it to the family of the man who owned him.  He died
          recently and worked with me.  But ...I could part with it for...
          3 gold?"  The clerk looks at Arawn and pretends to look outside
          at the passerbys.

          [Time: 5:18:21 pm - Plains, Donara]

            With some help from folks on the street the party finds the
          tavern of the original meeting.  Indeed it is closed up and
          the windows are tightly shut.  Arawn notices a female vendor
          selling animal hide belts. Arawn asks her about the tavern
          nearby.

            "Ahh...yes.  A pity."  She shakes her head.  "I'm Iedi by
          the way.  She, Gaeduro, was cleaning up.  When things started
          acting strange.  Candles going out.  Things falling off
          tables or bottles crashing from the shelves to the floor
          spilling.  She always has a very large crowd every night and
          many times most of the day.  The tavern is a crossroads of
          sorts for diplomats, merchants and guardsman.  A lot of
          business and activity.  She even gets some Palace courtiers
          and advisors.  Helps even my business."

            "Well it seems yesterday morning just before dawn she
          was on the roof.  She tends to air dry her washed table
          clothes and such.  Saved time and money.  Good sense that
          one.  Though her son drinks too much and robs her blind
          for the loss in profits on what he drinks."

            Arawn tries to get back to the main topic.

            "Of course...I just do like gossip.  My husband says I'm
          the biggest gossip in 500 miles around.  The joker!" The
          middle aged woman shakes her head.  "Well anyways, she
          was up on the roof.  Suddenly some sheet wrapped around
          her head...must've been a strong wind.  She was struggling
          but then all of a sudden fell over the edge."  She points
          to the roof which is two stories.  The family home must
          be upstairs as it doesn't look to be a inn setup.

            "She broke her leg and shattered her left wrist.  She
          had to close up.  She couldn't just leave it in her son's
          hands.  He'd drink her out and would lose so much coin
          by letting his friends drink for free she'd be bankrupt
          in a week.  She left this morning to some family in Xian
          I think...or was it Medhi....or was it Dorma?  One of
          those places.  So she could recover.  Shame.  Shame.  I
          may see if my husband can run it for her.  If I can recall
          where she went....could send a letter...I think it was
          Xian."

             A customer comes to the stand and wants a snake belt so
          Iedi leaves Arawn to do the transaction.

             Kell shrugs, "either some ghosts are in the tavern, or some
          really bad luck with wind and sheets or....Varange might not
          have wanted a more public meeting in a busy place like this."

             Etain looks around, "maybe we should explore a bit more of
          the city and find the tavern in a hour or two?"

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update...Friday??

          GM: A short update.  Not much posted so moved a bit forward a
              couple hours.  Next update I'll do another couple hours
              unless there are specific actions to be done/posted.  Today
              (Monday) was hectic and I suspect Wednesday/thursday will
              be as well due to some things.  So there might be a chance
              that no Friday update will be done.  But one will be done
              for Monday for sure.