[pnpgm] Game Update #127 - File #501 - Party enters Donara City

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 05:14:00 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   JH Hooten............YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #127 in sequence (file #501)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn is going to cut that gem...eventually...and turn it
          into a jewelry item.  No problem there...

          Kiet was just saying that it (the gem) needs to remain part of
          the overall group treasure, especially considering its potential
          high value.  Unless, of course, Arawn chooses to ask for it to be
          part of his share...but, then, we might need to decide how to deal
          with those items that can be made into higher value items...the gems
          I was asking about as well.  Many of the 'claim' items we run across
          are unique but usually not able to be made greater...gems and
          jewels can be made into more.  Kiet's not so interested in the
          jewels...though he may want some to keep as a form of currency...
          again, only as part of an equal share.. .but I think the potential
          value of these items must be considered.

          Perhaps if we do have items such as this, each player might be asked
          to bid for it with the max bid being their entire share for that
          adventure (fair for all).  It could be a one-time thing like written
          bids or an email bidding process....could be fun.  Or it could be
          too much hassle to deal with.
        GM: Ack.   I'm fine with an auction.  But I was hoping you'd two
            just fight to the death.  But oh well.  I think one flaming
            spell before he figured out what was happening and you'd win.
            :) (maybe).  Personally I figure one can just go to a gem
            market and buy cheap sell high later.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Dark Ruby - Kiet is correct, Arawn is just planning on cutting
          and mounting the gem (raising it from Gem to Jewel to Jewelry)
          and then returning it to the pile as party treasure.

          - Arawn currently has no interest in claiming the final piece
          as part of his treasure at the end of the adventure

           - Arawn's interest is in both practicing his Jeweler skill and
           to hopefully benefit the party with a more valuable item to sell
           and split the profits amongst themselves

            - Arawn plans on slowly working on the piece, starting with
            the gem and raising it to a jewel. He'll apply time during camp
            to work on it and when resting in towns. He'll look to
            purchasing metal to mount the stone IC, once the party is in
            town and time permits.

            - Any other references Arawn made toward working with Kiet on
            gem pieces is in regards to any pieces they get as their own
            share at the end of the adventure or purchased along the way.
            He's not referring to the rest of the gem/jewel/jewelry pile
            listed at the bottom of the last couple of updates unless some
            become part of their share at the end of the mission (as good
            as he is he doesn't want to risk damaging the gems and
            upsetting the party plus time during the adventure to work on
            them during the adventure is limited)

            Hope this clears things up:)
        GM: Ack.  First part is fine.  I suspect all jewelers in the party
            have highest skill.  So its a matter of who should be doing
            the work.  That is up to you guys to decide.  As to working on
            the item I need to know if anyone doesn't like this idea.  But
            I don't see Jeweler tools in your sheet?  Some Elf tools for
            elf metals like armor or sword. But not like fine tuned gem
            stuff.  If party has no issue then fine.  Assuming one can
            find jewelry tools (likely low outside the cities).

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Etain -

          Just want to make sure that I'm reading things correctly, has
          the disease been cured and he's now concious and recovering?
          I'm guessing he's cured and up but as there seemed to be a jump
          between him being out and then up again wanted to double check.

          Assuming the disease has been cured and Etain is conscious, Arawn
          will use his Healer (Elf) skill to aid Etain in his recovery.
          But if a complication arises or it seems that more than 2 days
          will be required to fully restore the elf to normal Arawn will
          resort to magic, using Healing Mist as needed to restore Life
          Points or Energy Level as needed. He'll extend this to an area
          of effect if others in the party desire this healing.

          Fremea -

          Arawn will continue to work with Fremea on meditation and coming
          to terms with her inner demons/healing.

          He would like to focus some of these sessions on the link that
          exists between Fremea and Varange. He'd try to help her see
          through his eyes or at least get a sense of Varange. He'll ask
          Fremea if she had any interesting dreams or emotions the night
          of the animal/storm attack that could hint at her sensing Varange
          then (Arawn assumes the Lord Marshall would have had some sort
          of emotional reaction to wanting to use and then using the
          An's'alum).

          Talisman -
          If no one else has succesfully identified the item's power by
          the end of Octagi 2 Arawn will attempt to discover more through
          a Perception spell, having one of the other party members record
          the info for him.
          ____

          During the party's journey Arawn periodically checked in on
          the Moon-Gort, now moved into a more appropriate and secure
          container on the cart.

          "I know there's much on our minds but I think we should spend some

          Octagi 2:
          Village -

          Even with physical healing no longer necessary Arawn put to use
          his empathic nature and abilities, soothing and comforting the
          mind and soul during the party's time at the peasant village. He
          consoled them, letting them know the madness of the night, of
          beloved animals turned savage was the work of evil magic and
          that he would seek justice for them.

          Ritual prayers were performed for the dead, both human and
          animal, and for those likely to be cast aside, the animals, he
          worked hard to see them treated in proper druidic manner before
          the party's exit.

          _________
          Destroyed Cabin -

          OOC:
          Arawn will take advantage of his magical topaz, smuggler
          training and Mana Sense to scan the ruins. If this fails to turn
          anything up he'll then cast God's Eyes EL1 to see through the
          most prevalent debris (wood, I'm guessing) to search for anything
          of interest (papers, treasure, hidden compartments or chambers).

          IC:

          Octagi 4:

          (Assuming Arawn hasn't been asked to look for the Elven Council
          and already left...)

          "A blessing upon you," Arawn told the trio of shrouded..
         ________
        GM: Ack.  Etain is fine and was cured but fell asleep to recover
            some energy not energy in life force but energy as in strength.
            No need to do more magic plus it would endanger him with two
            healings (cure disease, etc.)

        From Tobie: [Re: Decisions]
          Illusion - Fremea would be up for this, but she really does not
          want to know what it is, so everyone will need to help create it.
          Otherwise, she might not believe it herself.

          She doesn't understand what the Eleven council is, so to her
          that is a waste of time and resources.

          Unless there is really a possibility of this not be the mage
          that they encountered, no point in speaking to the spirit or
          using Akasha. She realizes that it could be the mage that made
          the necklaces, but not the mage the used them on the apes too.
          So, take time up to figure that out right now is not needed.

          At this point, unless the group can help with the illusion that
          she could believe, her push is now to get to the city and check
          things out and plan before meeting up with Varange.
        GM: Ack.

        From John: [Re: Decisions]
          Arawn is good with any decision made so we can move on.
          However, remember questioning isn't going to bother Arawn and
          should only take up a few minutes at best. If no reply on this
          I'll assume we just return to camp.

          [Octagi 1st, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 6:12:08 am - Plains, Donara]

            The morning after the Moon Gort was gathered the party is
          enjoying a nice breakfast watching a flight of geese in
          numbers around 50 pass overhead.

            Arawn speaks up to the others, "I know there's much on our
          minds but I think we should spend some time considering our next
          step or two," he said to the party during a meal-break.

            "We have the option of illusions to mislead and the Moon-Gort
          to mask. With the last piece of the artifact so close to falling
          into Varange's hands we should consider when to use which
          resource, assuming someone hasn't already formed a plan."

            "Varange is going to need our help to acquire the last
          piece, both sides working together if I interpret his words to
          Fremea properly. However he has hinted that another means exists
          to acquire it, one that would be more 'drastic'.

            And Fremea's ultimate goal, to locate her missing family,
          seems to hinge on giving Varange the last piece. Of course we
          can't allow him to use and retain this item."

            "Aside from calling upon divine guidance, which has its own
          risks, the Elf Council hid the item and some among them may still
          have important information to share. I have never been to the
          main center but if anyone here has been or if Jordi is free I
          can try to translocate there and speak with the Head Council
          member before we start the final mission."

            Arawn looked to the others to hear their thoughts and
          suggestions.

            Raban looks puzzled, "Varange is no fool it seems.  I have no
          doubt he knows where the final piece is.  But he needs us...or
          rather I suspect one of us for that purpose."

            Kell sips some water from his skin and wipes his face, "You
          said a couple days ago or maybe I misheard....that based on
          Jordi's group here and that general guy that the council is not
          often in session.  You might find one council person on duty
          but would it be the head guy or the most knowledgeable?  Maybe
          if you had weeks to find the others sure.  But seems like that
          is a risk to do so.  If they learn we are after the pieces they
          might be well offended and try to stop us."

            Etain looks a bit worried, "Elves are not known for their
          sharing of secrets.  Especially of items of this type.  If
          they could not destroy it they either wanted it safe for future
          use or left it as a trap.  I'm surprised no wards were around
          to alert them.  But then I suspect that General fellow you met
          would have acted.  But if they are aware and want to keep it
          safe and secret....we should be wary either way."

                                         ---------

          [Octagi 2nd, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 10:26:42 am - Plains, Donara]

            In the ruined village Arawn uses his Druid and Priest skills
          to help console and comfort.  He especially gives special
          attention to the kids and elderly.  The kids because they would
          be scared.  The elderly because as the oldest group they would
          tend to be more influential.  Best to stop hate and folks
          bad mouthing everything based on ignorance.  This is how fear
          for magic comes about.

            Arawn tries to give rushed prayers and non-magical blessings.
          But the villagers are still awe struck and worried. They give
          lip service to him but for the most part the kids are flexible
          and adapt.  Arawn knows though it would take months to get back
          to normal and there is little they can do in a hour or two.

            At one point a girl of maybe 4 is crying deeply over the
          death of her cat.  It seems the cat attacked her mom and
          her dad had to deal with it using a frying pan to bash his
          skull in.  Arawn explains that evil magic was done here the
          night before.  To not to take this personally or as a sign
          of animals being cruel.  To show this he uses his eagle call
          to Corona.  Corona lands nearby and nods.  The girl stares
          but clings to her mom.  It takes about 15 minutes for Arawn
          to even get her to stop being scared and stop crying. He
          asks if she would like to pet the eagle.

            Before she answers though, Kell steps forward and shows her
          Squirt.  "This is my friend named Squirt.  Don't be afraid.  His
          eyes are that color naturally.  In fact he is as friendly as
          any cat."  Kell leans and whispers to the girl.  "But not as
          cute or nice smelling."  This causes the girl to laugh and
          she wipes tears from her eyes.

            Kell places Squirt on the ground.  "He can do tricks." Kell
          gives some hand signals for Squirt to run around in circles.
          Then to roll over and play dead.  But Kell realizes that is not
          something to do after the cat loss so nudges Squirt awake.  His
          idea quickly leaving his mind.  "He is hungry.  I have some
          berries in this pouch.  But he only eats out of very cute
          girl's hands.  I'm too ugly."  The girl laughs again.  "You
          know any cute girls I could ask to feed him?"  Kell pretends
          to look around.

            "Me!"

            "Really? Well one condition.  The girl must smile while doing
          it.  It helps him chew better."

            The girl smiles and puts her hand out. The mother nods to
          Kell and gives a half grin.  Kell gives her the berries and
          gives Squirt a signal to eat.

            After feeding and petting Squirt the girl looks at Raban
          move around hauling a half destroyed wagon with ease away
          from a store front.  "Who is that?"

            Kell glances over at Raban, "a friend.  He likes cute girls
          like yourself."

            "Really?  He's cute!"

            Kell sighs as usual Raban draws the girls even at her age.
          He notices the mother nod in agreement.  Kell frowns knowing
          that his ugly mug draws customers, maybe that's just better.

            Raban watches this all go down as Arawn helps to carry
          animal bodies to the town center.  Raban helps him and
          warns him that the guards are becoming more interested
          in the group.  He tells Arawn not to say things like
          he'll seek justice for this attack.  That implies that
          the group may know more about the attack.  So the party
          decides it is best to leave as attention is drawn to them.

            As Raban walks to the wagon he wraps his large arms around
          Arawn and Kell.  "You two did well."  He speaks up to Fremea
          and Z'leyra as well.  "Same to you.  But we should move out
          fsat those guards are anxious about this whole thing."

          [Time: 11:32:11 am - Plains, Donara]

            Later the trio translocate to the mage's cabin.

            Arawn, Fremea and Raban search the mage cabin but find
          nothing.  No magical aurae of any kind.  Raban can easily
          move any debris with ease.  Aside form some torn and burnt
          clothing from debris and the fire there is little beyond
          normal cabin stuff like utensils.

            Once the search was done Arawn looked to the man's burnt and
          broken body. He might not be alive for Fremea to interrogate but
          that didn't mean she couldn't.

            "He may yet prove useful to us," he told his companions, his
          voice quite somber.

            "I can try and summon his spirit for questioning, no more than
          3. Such is not without risk and his words, though truthful, may
          prove cryptic if vengeance does not lure him towards clear
          answers."

            "If the answer is yes then choose your questions carefully. And
          if the time of death is ascertained then the akashic records may
          be called upon to view the attack and time prior. I can call upon
          the Akasha though Z'leyra is undoubtedly more skilled at that."

            Fremea considers this and thinks of Z'leyra.  She has
          made many things. If this dead man is the mage then what
          would they learn?  The deal between Varange and him?  In
          just three questions?  Why he helped the Lord Marshall.  That
          seems obvious - to gain the pieces for his own agenda.  But
          Varange is a manipulator.  If he killed this man he'd have
          done it far worse to leave no trail.  No.  This must be
          something else.  Fremea's mind goes back to the builder
          Z'leyra.  If this man just made the collars then we have
          finished this mission.

            She looks to Arawn and Raban.  What could they ask to learn
          the truth in 3 simple questions?  No.  This is too simple.
          The cabin itself too clean.  No clues of this person.  No
          clues of Varange.  It is simply too easy.  A way maybe to
          waste time and energy.  She decides not to question the
          spirits this time.  Plus from the sign of the fire it was
          maybe 12 or more hours before.  Would the spirit even still
          be around after 12 hours?  Most spirits pass on and can't
          be questioned if they cross the threshold.

            Fremea takes one last look at the cabin and moves out
          waiting to return to the camp.

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 3rd, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 11:43:21 am - Plains, Donara]

            The group is stopping having some lunch.  They got lucky
          and a passing vendor sold them honey bread and cheese.  It
          was fresh and great.

            Arawn has considered to find the Elven Council.  Not only
          to learn some info on these pieces but on pure curiosity.
          To be among the chief of his people on this world.  But Kell
          had made some points about having the elves alerted to their
          mission and trying to stop them.  Arawn asks Fremea if he
          should locate them.

            After eating three hot honey buns, which is about 3 times
          as much as she normally would fill her up - those things
          were darn good, she considers the options.  It would take
          time and effort.  With maybe a couple days before meeting
          Varange would it be beneficial?  She knows her people but
          not the Elves.  While the Fae tend to be cautious and
          mischievous at times the elves are more dignified.  They
          proud themselves on honor, duty and the means to an end
          with or without justice at times.  Look at these pieces why
          not throw them into a volcano or a ocean?  They wanted to
          use them again.  Why in a human culture like Donara around
          cities?  Maybe they wanted to be the ones to stop the
          humans from using it - a duty to do so.  A means to an
          end to a quest for raising elven dominance in a world full
          of humans who breed like rabbits.

            Standing too full to even fly she paces and considers the
          options.  Aside from possible methods of how to work against
          the device if it is used would they learn enough?  Sure the
          Elves would fall apart at seeing an Alfar and swoon to his
          power.  But would even they find the answers in a day or two?
          Probably not or at least a small chance.

            She turns to Arawn and denies the request for now.  It would
          be too much a waste of time and resources.  Arawn nods and
          though his curiosity is still not sated at least his stomach
          is content.

          [Time: 8:12:21 pm - Plains, Donara]

            For the last week or so and especially the last 3-4 days, Arawn
          has been working with Fremea on her emotions and inner demons.
          Being neglected, abandoned and abused.  For a long time she
          even believed her parents just got rid of her.  But thanks to
          Etain the details are a bit more sinister and full of intrigue.
          The royals feared that her training would be tainted by having
          emotional ties to her parents.  So they asked them to leave.
          Then someone, even Etain is unsure who, in Avalon sough to
          destroy them entirely.  News of the fire and their "deaths".

            She resented Etain for a long time for all of this but
          he seems to be remorseful and sad on the events.  She may
          never know the full details and secrets he holds but maybe
          that is for the best.  Everyone has secrets.

            Arawn has worked on her strengths like the love of the kids.
          Using this to calm her mind and soul.  They've done this
          sessions for the most part away from others.  Fremea now
          realizes that emotion in combat can kill and blind.  But
          emotion must be part of combat for empathy and for control.
          Arawn recalls his Sword Master Aelic in his realm would
          say that a fine line is needed for the best warrior diplomats.
          The best warriors can control his or her rage while seeing
          the wise means to end conflict.  Course the old fart was
          often drunk on Mos-Berry juice.

            Fremea knows that the third piece is known by Varange
          and its possible exact location.  But the party does not.
          It could be a bluff or fact.  Probably a bluff knowing
          the blowhard.  Fremea knows she will need to use the
          painting from Shimana to at least see where it might be.
          But doing so would alert Varange.  But now they have the
          Moon Gort which should block the affect of the mysterious
          mark-bond they have.

            Arawn has been working for a few days on a plan with
          the others to figure out ways to fool Varange.  But the
          key is that she must believe it.  Kell had a interesting
          plan to cast a Dreams spell while she touched the artwork.
          But would it convey to Varange in that way?  Some thought
          of using blindness and maybe having Fremea's third eye
          in her mind see the vision.  But that might not work as well.

            Finally after days of arguing away from Fremea a plan is
          formed.  Some fear it will not work but it should be tried.
          In the quiet meditations both Sidh have Fremea is almost
          in a trance-like state where she is more open to suggestion
          and listening.  This means that is the best time to fool
          Varange.

            Last few days Fremea has lowered her defenses in order to
          listen fully to Arawn.  While his influence over her is not
          magical in that sense it is soothing the way he speaks as if
          he has a innate ability to influence others just like her.
          Z'leyra had suggested using that very spell on to make her
          believe stronger.  But Fremea might block that since it would
          be a direct spell.  But in her altered trance like state
          it is better than a spell.

            This night Arawn finishes a session on conflict resolution
          through wisdom not blades.  He then brings the painting
          nearby saying that it is time to see the last piece.  Arawn
          uses his smuggler hands to swap the artwork for a simple
          blanket.  He then has her go through her breathing technique.
          He nods to Z'leyra to get ready.  While either person could
          do it the best might be Z'leyra with just a edge of experience
          on the spell.

            Arawn has Fremea concentrate on Varange and stare at the
          campfire as she touched the fake-painting-blanket.  Then
          Z'leyra casts the spell around her to do an illusion.
          Z'leyra had to prepare removing her illusion blocking
          item and get her powers ready.

            To the party they are determined to "believe" the
          spell.  So as they can realize it as well.

            The spell shifts the campfire into darkness.  A second
          passes and then a Elf on a horse is riding fast as the
          half-moon shines down.  The horse seems to ride for some
          time then passes a sign that says "The Bogs."  The sign
          shows symbols like to slow and keep it safe as horses tend
          to trip in the area.  But the Elf continues fast down the
          dirt path.

            The horse soon turns and enters a thick patch of trees
          and finds a stone small temple of some kind.  He enters
          without light and finds an altar in the darkness.  Looking
          around for anyone he shatters the base with a hammer.  Then
          he inserts the piece inside the base.  Going into a bag
          he pulls a strange metal object out and casts a spell using
          it to magically rebuild the base completely.  Etain had said
          some magical wizards use spells to rebuild walls but the
          magic is lost for the most part.  Then the illusion fades.

            Arawn goes to Fremea and wakes her from her trance.  They
          begin to chat and then Fremea realizes she missed something.
          The memory comes back and she begins to speak about the
          vision.  Arawn ensures the mark is not glowing then advises
          it was the fake illusion.  Fremea explains that the campfire
          was a good trick to stare at.  It distracted her mind.

            Then Arawn plans to use the Gort before things go further.
          Earlier he prepared the flower by removing the petals that
          have soaked in milk.  They are so white and fragile that
          it is easy to grind them into a fine powder.  He was told
          to add a bit of garlic to cover the taste.  Then burning
          the stalking and placing the thin main vein-tissue he grind
          it into a power which took him almost an hour.  Then reciting
          the ritual words he mixes it with clear spring water gained
          from the last town.  The powder mixes well but Arawn realizes
          that maybe half the powder could've been used.

            With some hesitation, Fremea drinks the mixture.  The garlic
          does block the after taste better than expected.  It is like
          drinking chalk but at least the garlic helps.

            Moving quickly Fremea touches the painting and readies
          herself.

            As they do this Raban smiles.  The Bogs were a old swamp
          area east of Donara city.  It was a famous battle site.  The
          said temple was sunken by magic.  Now all that remains of
          that area is a very deep quarry full of water.  The actual
          swamp now gone.  If the piece is underwater it will take
          Varange some time to find it.

            Fremea is instantly reeled by the new vision.  This time
          a Elf on a large white house is riding down a street in
          some city.  Then soon leaves the city to woods.  Soon the
          horse ends on a path that leads to some small cave mouth.
          it is dark and small for a cave.  The Elf enters using
          a torch.  But the Elf turns to a sound that Fremea can't
          hear.  The elf is seen being chased by someone or something.
          The Elf runs deeper into the cave.  As the Elf turns a
          corner he suddenly trips and falls over the edge of a large
          cliff or hole.  The vision suddenly ends.

            Fremea explains her vision which confuses her.  So the
          piece is in a cave or was it found at the death of the
          elf by someone else?  But there are no major landmarks
          she can recall.  She tries to recall the stores and shops.
          But it was dark and only saw windows with lanterns but
          no signs.  Frustrated she tries to see the vision again
          But Arawn warns her that the powder drink will not last
          long.  Nevertheless, the vision does not return.  She
          discards the artwork in anger and stands.

            Arawn calms her down and they both realize now above
          all they will need Varange.  Maybe his information is better
          than hers.  But it takes a half hour before her anger ebbs.

          [Time: 9:44:44 pm - Plains, Donara]

            Arawn asks Kell to watch him as he casts Perception on
          the talisman to learn more about it.  Z'leyra has experience
          in this area but doesn't seem to want to do it.

            Casting the spell he quickly has Kell note what he finds.

            Out of the trance he learns as before it is Law aligned
          used to affect the body.  Made by a low level apprentice
          with starting skills (MEL4/EL2). It seems the item was
          made to influence archers in a contest controlled by
          a particular person.  It decreased their dexterity and
          agility (-6 each).  The count must've kept it as a token
          or joke.  It could definitely influence a contest like
          archery or swords.

                                 -----------------

          [Octagi 4th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 4:10:17 pm - Plains, Donara]

            As the peasants move on Arawn bids them farewell.

            "A blessing upon you," Arawn told the trio of shrouded
          peasants. "But are sickness and problems an issue in these parts?
          And how fare things between here and the capital?"

            "No.  We are...not open people.  There is no disease in the
          area running rampant that I know of.  We just do not wish
          to get close to folks who can spread things.  May your day
          be bright and cleanful."

                                 ----------

          [Octagi 5th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Plains, Donara]

          [Time: 5:51:15 am - Plains, Donara]

            Arawn smiled at the news of Raban's careful tending of the
          dog. The sun-shy cast his gaze to the horizon, hoping to catch
          some sign of the dog. The wound would heal but he had to wonder
          why the dog was separated from it's pack? Or was it simply loose
          from an outlying farm?

          [Time: 3:42:11 pm - Plains, Donara]

            The party might've been here at this point 3-4 hours before.
          But with stops and side trips the party finally sees the
          south gate of Donara the capital.  From the distance the
          capital is like any other city.  But one thing that is clear
          is that things are newer and cleaner.  There are also many
          taller structures as tall as five stories for some places
          even seen above the walls.

            As the party approaches the gate they can see a squad of
          gold uniformed gleam in the sunlight.  The guards here are
          well armed and armored.  The party approaches to wait
          in line to enter.  They have a few hours till they meet
          Varange for this final mission.  Fremea will kill him
          if he doesn't give him her parents or give that info he
          said he had on them.

            The people and guards stare at Raban as usual.  But
          they take little notice of the others.  They pass
          the gate without incident.  But as they round a second
          smaller gate a boy runs up to Raban.

            "You."  He looks to the eyes and tries to stare
          quietly at them.  Then turns back to Raban.  "You
          are him.  Can't be many with you and them in the
          area." He laughs slightly.  "I was told by a small
          man that plans have changed.  I was told to say this
          word for word....'the tavern owner had a slight
          accident and closed up.'  So will need to meet you
          at a new place.  It is called the Rotten Egg tavern.
          To be there around 8 if possible.  He'll meet you then.
          Now he said you'd pay me."  He hands out his hand.

            Raban grunts, just like Varange to assume.  He digs
          in his pouch.  He doesn't tend to carry much.  He hands
          the boy a copper.  The boy continues to hold out his
          hand.  Raban frowns. "He said a full silver!"  Raban
          grunts and digs and finds a silver and snatches the
          copper back or tries to.  The boy closes his hand
          and runs off.

          [Time: 3:56:33 pm - Plains, Donara]

            The group learns of where this tavern is located.  Seems
          to be on the west side of town on a run down section of
          a manufacturing zone.

            "So what now?  Is the palace a good tourist spot?" Kell
          asks Raban who has been in Donara before.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update...Monday...

          GM: Ok.  We move on to the final leg of the adventure.
              We are probably 85% done now.  Sorry about the email
              last night it was 3am and I was too lazy to beat
              the dwarves to spell check it.  At this point you guys
              are caught up and can plan any actions for the 4
              hours or so before meeting Varange.  So post those
              actions.  IBT has been added to sheets.    Well
              I think I'll get this out for now.  I had notes
              on some things but I gotta recall what I meant by
              it :).  It was on the Fremea/Varange connection but
              I think it was covered. If not I can go over it again.
              Consider this the Friday update.  Since we are winding
              down don't forget the post on future adventures and
              those votes.

              I hope I handled things above well.  Especially the
              illusion stuff.  I could've waited for back and forth
              between Arawn/Tobie and such but it might've been
              another week.  So I chatted live with Alex and Tobie
              and got some ideas.  It may not have been a perfect
              solution but I think it will have to do.

              Be warned.  This computer I do updates on is ancient
              (2000).  Back then it was top of line.  But I have
              a fan going.  I need to sit after the adventure and
              move all files from here to my super new computer.
              But I may have to get a new fan this could result in
              temp non use of this computer and could affect the updates
              but I'll let you know.

          GM: Kiet - I forgot if you wanted a EL0 or Max Illusion
                Its a matter of 2 hours or 16 hours if I recall.
                Let me know I assumed max.  I used Wand mana so
                that reflects the 93% on the mana chart down for
                current day.

          GM: Arawn - Your mana is at full except for Wand.  Those
                things do take time to recharge.

          GM: Mana report updated - I've removed some old experience
                for ease of reading.  Basically to sum up everyone
                is at 100% except Kiet/Arawn for somatic aid mana.

          GM: Minor IBT Time: [7 Days] - Added to sheets

                Player            Skill/Action
              Arawn           Shield          - 14 Points
              Fremea          Herbalist       - 14 Points (found nothing)
              Kell            Teamster        -  8 Points (+3 EL)
              Kiet            Teamster        -  8 Points (+2 EL)
              Raban           Horsemanship    - 14 Points
              Unali           None
              Will            Horsemanship    - 14 Points (+2 EL)
              Z'leyra         Plains Survival -  7 Points (+1 EL)
              Etain           Artist-Drawing  -  7 Points