[pnpgm] Kiet's

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 22:44:03 CEST 2015

To Z'leyra's question about who will join her Kiet asks, "For how long to...Ticasi was it?  I'm not real familiar with that place.  Is it a country?  City?"  Kiet also throws in, "Who would you like to go with you?  What do you want them to do?  I'm certainly willing to go, but I don't understand why you need accompanied."

OOC...I'm not certain that Kiet would know the necessity of going or the background for why it would be needed.

When Kiet arrives to the party, he sees several members and associates of the group already at the tavern.  He's feeling rather pleased that he has a date for the party.  He's fought Herensuge before, but asking out a girl is SO much scarier!  At least she said 'yes'.

Kiet takes her over to Kell first and introduces them. "Hello Kell!  I'd like to introduce you to Tesara (pronounced tess-SAHR-ruh).  Tesara, this is my very good friend Kell."  Kiet leans over to her and says in a stage whisper, "Go ahead and shake his hand, but don't let him sell you anything!  You'd end up owning swampland."

After Kell, Kiet takes Tesara over meet the faeries. She is rather surprised and somewhat wary of them.  There are lots of rumors about them, but in meeting them they seem so harmless.  She doesn't really know Fremea, though!

Next up Kiet takes her over to meet Z'leyra.  He tells Tesara about how kind she has been allowing Kiet to stay at her manor house while he looks for a place of his own.  Kiet tells her, "Yes, I'm looking.  I'm just not certain yet where would be best or how much space I need."

After finishing with 'Z', they head over to Cholan.  Kiet says "Cholan, this is Tesara.  She's the daughter of the gentleman that taught me more about horses."  To Tesara he says, "And Cholan, here, has been quite generous with his time and help.  He owns this place with his wife, Kes.  She's a sweetheart...I think you would like her.  She's also a mom."

After Unali came in there wasn't much time to speak with her.  Kiet figured he could make acquaintances later.  Kiet didn't even really know the purpose of the party today.  He was almost as surprised as was Unali!  And it was especially nice to see Caladan and really nice to see Ben'dar again.

The other two people with them, however, truly drew attention.  The way they were richly dressed, and the way that the others deferred to them, led Kiet to believe they must be really important.  Kiet looked over to Tesara, and she looked over at Kiet with a look of shock on her face.  "Do you know who that is?" She asked Kiet.  Kiet just shook his head.  "No, I've never seen them before."  She tightly grabs his upper arm and says "That's their Graces, Duke Aren and Dutchess Marta!"  She gets a panicked look on her face and continues "I am not dressed properly for this!"  She also begins to wonder about her 'date'.  Who is this guy, and his friends, that attends parties with Royalty...and even has them appear for his friends birthday party!

Kiet pats her on the hand, and gently removes it from his arm...it was starting to hurt...and says, "It'll be fine.  You look great.  Besides, you aren't alone.  I've never met them either!"

Kiet wasn't exactly sure how the Duke would welcome him, being a foreigner and all."

After the party, Kiet and Tesara start to relax some...at least until Kell announces what he did with the ruby necklace.  Tesara's eyebrows rise when she hears him mention the 8GC, then her jaw drops when he says he got 42GC for it...and obviously had that amount in the purse dangling before her eyes.  Kiet just looks over to her and surprises her by saying, "My share works out to between 5 and 7GC."  She just shakes her head in shock.

Sent from my iPad