[pnpgm] Game Update #120 - File #465 - Estate Combat Aftermath

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 08:03:39 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #120 in sequence (file #465)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          I don't recall if anyone is with me...but if so I will give
          them a length of rope to secure the maid.  I will tell her
          "do not worry.  No harm shall come to you.  This is...

          As I search, I want to see if there are records being kept...
          and monetary stashes of any sort.  Plus small artworks...maybe
          something will be attractive.

          If the exploration of the second floor is uninteresting, then
          go ahead and Dispell it.
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re:
Actions]
          As for the slaves, those will be left with our allies, we have
          nothing to really do with them. Most of the estate can be given
          over to the allies, but we need to take as much of the goods
          that can be traded for gold later, but easy to take with us.

          As for the Count and who ever this other rich guy is, they can
          be used by the allies to gain favor with the capital and
          possible get more backing themselves. Anyone that is knocked
          out should be given over to the allies also.

          Any suggestions are welcome right now. Fremea just wanted to
          remove this Count from power and not allow slaver to continue
          here, where she herself experienced it.

          She will help search the house for anything hidden, magical or
          important that they can use.
        GM: Ack

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 4:10:08 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell whispers to Arawn.  "So?  Stop the guy going to find
          Mavac's friend? Leave here? Track the runner to the actual
          loot and take the stuff from there?  Get Etain to do something
          not just sitting in the wagon?"

                                 -------------
                                 ---------------

          [Time: 4:16:51 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Kiet absently hands a rope to Will to bind the maid he found.
          He concentrates on his mental picture of his sphere.  But as
          he does he speaks to the maid.  "do not worry.  No harm shall
          come to you.  This is only for our protection.  You will be
          safely released when this is over."

            Unali stares at the half naked man with the slave besides
          him.  Her daggers are already out and ready.  But if she
          is to act like a slave she has to look the part.  She places
          her arms behind her to belt her daggers.  But then a flash of
          alarm hits her.

            "Watch out!" The female inside the library yells at the same
          time.

            Fearing a sudden attack from the side or rear, Unali suddenly
          moves forward and rolls onto her back in case its a head swing
          attack.  In that instant she sees a shadow in the dim darkness.
          She sweeps her left leg toward the leg of the man who suddenly
          starts to stumble.   But the man is large and he regains his
          balance.  The glint of a sword is seen where Unali's shoulders
          would've been a second before.

            Unali can hear barking likely from the wolf to the south.
          Using her acrobatic skills she rolls and uses her legs to
          jettison herself to a crouch.  A move that would probably
          kill the back of most people.

            The man swings and this time hits the right side of her
          ribs.  But her magical armor protects fully against the blow.

            Unali kicks the man against the wall of the room she did
          not explore near its room door.  The door is still closed
          so the man must've been north of this area just out of sigh
          in the shadows.  Maybe a bodyguard for the half naked rich
          guy.  Slammed against the wall Unali moves forward with both
          daggers.

            The magical fails to hit the attacker but at least it warned
          her of the attack.  The normal dagger pierces the leather
          armor of his lower left chest doing minor damage.

            The man stabs his sword again this time forward into her
          chest but again her magical armor protects the blade form
          penetrating.

            The normal dagger hits the man's left arm but does not
          cut. But the magical dagger pierces the man's left shoulder
          killing him instantly.  The man slumps to the floor  just
          as the wolf lunges at him.

            Unali spins around ignoring the dead man and looks at library.
          But this time the half naked man is chasing the girl around.
          "Get back here!"  He yells in frustration.

            Unali steps inside the library to chase the man as well. But
          just the man catches the female.  He does a choke hold on her
          and pins her to a table.  Unali stops fearing the girl could
          be hurt.  Now the wolf is in the doorway growling.

            Unali lowers her daggers to her side and grins slightly. The
          man's front is still in full view.  She turns slightly and
          points the wolf.  She doesn't know if the wolf knows hand
          signals but so doesn't the man.  Unali points to her lower
          area where he is on display and raises a hand as if to snap
          a finger.

            The man with no weapon other than his arms seems to understand
          the meaning.  He suddenly grows wide eyed and release the girl.
          He runs behind a thick cushioned chair and tries to duck.  "No!"

            Unali calmly enters the library and hoists the man to his
          face and shakes her head.  For good measure she rams the right
          knee toward his naked man parts and the man falls to the ground
          grabbing his crotch.

          [Time: 4:20:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Raban looks at Z'leyra who tries to examine the dead girl.  If
          it wasn't so big a wound she might save her.  But with tissue
          damage, ribs sliced and lung punctured it would need a miracle.
          She shakes her head in sadness.

            Roerick sheathes his sword and issues orders to his men to
          check on the other girls.  Then he looks to Z'leyra with a bit
          of annoyance.  "What was that drum crap for? Expecting him to
          just dance?  She died for that ..."  He turns around and stops
          talking a bit clear sign of anger on his face.

          [Time: 4:30:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Ten minutes later thanks to Kiet's sphere the allies clear
          the upstairs.  There is another slave and another maid upstairs.
          But no other persons.  Once it was clear the place was a living
          area he directed his spheres into nooks and crannies to find
          places that might hold good stuff.

          [Time: 4:25:00 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Now everyone is gathered and a quick report is given on
          the status of things.

            The upstairs has a master bedroom with typical count level
          furnishings, there are four other bedrooms that must be for
          guests with decent furnishings, a inside bathroom with a nice
          tub that would cost a peasant half a year's wages, storage area
          and a slave pen.  This slave pen is a simple empty room with
          a blanket for a bed.  There are chains that are attached to
          the walls.  Shelves show various training implements for
          slaves in learning sex and other things.  The found slave
          was not here but in a bedroom tied to a bed.  This pen must
          be for training purposes likely by the count himself.  At
          the last minute of searching for others another female is
          found.  This is the count's wife who is in her early 30s.  She
          was hiding in the storage room.  But now she is captured.

            Roerick gives a quick report, "there are 14 dead guards. We
          have 3 knocked out and tied up."  He looks to Fremea who he
          figures to be the leader which is odd for who she is.  But
          the man hides his revulsion.  If it helps to get a head then
          he'll work with even them he figures.  "I say we just kill
          the three guards.  They signed up for the duty or was forced
          to it and they know the risks.  What do you say?  For the dead
          we'll leave them here to rot.  As a sign to other slavers." The
          man looks a bit grim faced and sees reactions of others.  "We
          aren't cruel men.  We know they should be buried.  But there
          is a time when a stand has to be made.  Word will spread and
          we can't stop that.  We need to scare the other slavers."

            "We have 12 slaves all in decent to good shape.  One..was
          killed as you know."  He glares toward Z'leyra.  "We'll
          deal with and get them situated.  The other slaves tell
          us the one girl that died had tried to escape 3 times.  You
          can see the burns to her hands and arms from the fence.  She
          was desperate and tried to also kill herself.  We'll see that
          if her family is around she is returned if not a decent burial."

            "Others we found include the Count, his wife, Cook, two maids
          the stable boy and the merchant and the count's aide."  Fremea
          later learns the second person she knocked out was the aide to
          the count.  He must've been heading to warn the count of the
          intruders.

            "A quick interview suggests the maids were slaves as well.  The
          stableboy seems innocent as well.  The count is from town and
          does seem to be a regular servant.  I say we let the stable boy
          and cook free to return to town.   We'll free the maids to
          the other slaves.  The count, his aide and merchant we'll keep
          for further questions and leverage."

            The man Unali took down seems to have been a merchant who was
          here to "interview" a potential slave to buy.  Though one that
          interviews with pants down leaves a bit to be desired.  It
          seems that was the man's bodyguard who attacked Unali.  "We should
          keep his wife as leverage as well.  Not forever for all of them
          but enough time to get details on things.  But not as...colorful
          as Mavac's questioning."

            "Two of my men were hurt.  One with minor wounds and one with
          moderate wounds.  But they should live."

          [Time: 4:47:12 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            With everyone that can be free to search the house except
          those two allies guarding the prisoners, the house is ransacked
          for everything.  With Kiet's sphere info and Raban's knowledge
          of secret places even the hidden areas are searched.

            Of the treasure found the most important is the documents.
          The study and office had loads of it.  Including every buyer,
          every slave, every transaction, every middleman, every other
          person from city guards on the payroll to river bandit payrolls.
          Roerick is very pleased to have this information. The documents
          just for this city alone will allow many frees to be helped.
          There are hundreds of other documents that seem to point to
          province wide similar information in other cities including
          the capital.  "I even skimmed one list and found my relative
          and can free here! If she is safe.  But these documents will
          be researched and studied for months.  It may take years for
          us to deal with it all.  But we might be able to do a serious
          dent in the market.  At least until the slavers and nobles
          fight back.  We'll need resources to fund our plans though."

            The bulk of the count's loot is found in the office in a floor
          safe.  Together with a hidden alcove in the master bedroom that
          Kiet's sphere found which has many of the gems and related
          items.  It seems the trade of slaves, river and road banditry
          is quite profitable.  Either the count does not spend any
          of his coins or he stores it here.  The merchant had a small
          bag of silver coins for his purchase.  But the party finds
          17 gold and hundreds of silver and copper coins.  The chest
          of coins has to be lifted by Raban as its pretty heavy.

            The other treasure is very nice as well.  The crown seems to
          be some possible ancient one for some ancient noble.  It is
          unclear who or for what purpose though.

            Aside from the fence outside there are only two magic items
          in the house found.  One is a Potion found in the kitchen
          cupboard.  The other is a talisman found in the count's
          private study on his desk.  The aide explains some basic
          info on them but doesn't know the details.  "The potion is
          to cure poison in case some tried to hurt the count.  The
          other item seems to help the count in some way.  Not sure how
          but he liked to play with it at times."

            The merchant and count each have a nice ring but nothing
          over special about them.  There are hundreds of gems and
          related such items.  Most are little to no value.  But the
          most common ones are outlined by quick jewelry skill checks.
          The Count's wife protests demanding the filthy men leave
          her estate this instant.  But she is ignored.

            Of the 11 gems none are magical ready.  The largest is
          decent but not of great value.  There are 7 decent items of
          jewelry from rings, necklaces, bracelets and clasps. But
          none are magical ready.  Of the 9 Jewels the largest and
          best the Agate is nice but the clarity is not great for
          magical ability.

            Roerick then adds, "the barn has 8 horses and a wagon the
          merchant must've used  The horses are decent but not that
          great."

            Roerick looks to Fremea, "I appreciate the help you did here.
          It was easier than I suspected.  But we will need resources.
          We are all peasants and some slightly off.  We aren't here for
          the money.  We have our own goals.  Will you share some of
          this so we can help grow our group and free more slaves?"

          [Time: 4:52:10 pm - Samma city, Donara]

            Raban finds Fremea with a bit of weary eyes. The loss of
          the slave is great to him.  He blessed her before she was
          taken to the wagon.  But he feels responsible as well.  He
          adds, "we should be leaving soon.  It will be dark in a hour
          and maybe a bit more.  It will take time to get to town and
          get out of the city after we meet Arawn.  With three wagons
          and some of them having horses we have been given one wagon.
          So we could ride.  I'll just fly back to town due to my
          load for the horses.  When should we leave?"