[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #406 - Fort Afee Introductions

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 00:54:08 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #104 in sequence (file #406)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet is rather more than surprised when he opens that ...
          ...en he recovers he simply asks "I'm not interrupting...

          (Empathy is NOT Kiet's strong attribute!) Kiet does admit,
        GM: Ack.  Good post with the introspection.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          At the inn, Z'leyra decides to see what party members are
          around, inform them of her recent activities and find out what
          else has been happening.

          If someone says they are good at dealing with traps she will
          offer to lead them back to the house and point out the trap on
          the ladder and show them the chest that she suspects is trapped.
          When going back there she will bring sacks for carrying stuff
          just in case.
        GM: Ack.  Ok.  So take it  you stay at the inn rather than
            joining the others.  Ack.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Fremea/Raban group]
          [Time: 11:05:23 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Raban stares at Fremea waiting for info on what to do next.

                                 ---------------

          [Kiet/Unali/Kell  Group]
          [Time: 11:18:21 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Back at the Inn Z'leyra checks to see who is around.  But
          only sees Etain and Will is upstairs sleeping or something.
          She asks about traps but Etain has no clue who migth know
          that skill.  So Z'leyra decides to wait and see if others
          come while Kiet goes to find Kell and Unali.

            At the blacksmith barn on the south edge of town where
          Kell and Unali are waiting, Kiet enters the small barn.

            Kiet is rather more than surprised when he opens that barn
          door.  He looks over at Unali and Kell with their weapons drawn
          and simply gawks for a moment.  When he recovers he simply asks
          "I'm not interrupting anything between you three am I?"  Then
          he grins.

            Kell grins and lowers his spear, "just a nice dance and some
          floor show acts."  He points to Mavac. "This one with the
          small....Well this is Captain Mavac of the Donaran Guard."

            Mavac tries to look over his shoulder toward Kiet behind
          him and struggles a bit.  Then he laughs, "this is your
          interrogator?  Looks more like a pie maker."

            Kell then nods, "She was trying to get some advice and
          words from him.  But he seems a bit stubborn.  We figure
          you might want to adjust his attention span?"  He then
          moves toward Kiet and waves him over.  The three then talk
          quietly in whispers.  Unali goes over the questions and
          the information she learned.  But would want more results
          back.

            Kiet grins and turns around to stare at the naked man.
          Most guards are trained to take pain and hits.  Mostly
          combat training.  Simple sword sparring in training can
          cause pain.  But this is a captain and so likely has some
          advanced pain resolution techniques.  Kiet turns to the
          others and looks around the barn.

            After that, Kiet wants to know if there is any wood, wide
          mouth funnels or tubes (solid, not flexible), fire, pincers,
          mallets, rags, rope or water and pail around close by.  Oh, and
          some feathers.  After that, Kiet inquires as to how much time
          they have.  Kiet, after all, doesn't have much to work with
          here.

            Kiet wonders at the actions of his companions in this case.
          They have been so squeamish about such procedures before and
          now...?  Just because the man is a slaver?  Scum, yes.  But
          slavery has always existed and back home in Lemasa we have
          made it an art form, especially with those red-skinned animals
          from the east. He just doesn't have the same point of view of
          them as do the rest of the group. Kiet does admit, however, that
          he would never like to be a slave or have a master other than the
          one who taught him these magnificent mysteries of magic.  Between
          that and his wealth, it might be difficult on anyone so foolish
          as to attempt to enslave 'Little Kiet'.

            Kell looks around and comments, "I think I've seen all of
          what you need around here.  Except for the funnel, tubes
          and the feathers.  We'll collect the stuff.  But I should
          talk to the blacksmith.  This is Etain's idea.  This is
          a friend or something.  But we can't just make the blacksmith
          nervous.  So I will have to see if I can persuade him with
          some coins. "  He looks for the rope.  Then grins, "of course
          will need to be repaid for my expenses."  Kiet can't tell
          if that was a joke or not but Kiet gets to work collecting
          the stuff.

            Kell exits the barn and looks around.  Ah!  A chicken has
          feathers.  Come here little chicken.  Kell does a bit of
          dance and chase at the chicken using Squirt as a way to
          get the chicken.  He then plucks 3 feathers though they
          are not very large from the bird and lets him back down.  All
          this at the side of the barn away from the blacksmith shop
          view.  Then he moves toward the shop to ask the man for
          some lee way on their antics.

          [Time: 11:25:03 am - Samma city, Donara]

          [Arawn/Jordi's Tavern]
          [Time: 12:04:07 pm - Samma city, Donara] - Arawn

            Moments earlier Jordi introduced the group in front of
          Arawn.  He tries to remember all the names and info that
          they are related to.

            Jordi first introduces the humans which seems odd for
          this to be a primary Elven operation.  But its is probably
          just to make the humans feel better for their status.

            "This is Javon Harlon who is here to oversee things."  Jordi
          gives a quiet shrug that seems to denote the man may be a bit
          special circumstances.  But the man remains quiet for the
          enter meeting with Arawn there.  But Arawn notice Jordi nods
          slightly toward the east and makes a gesture.  Based on this
          hint and the looks of this man which is well dressed in a fine
          blue tunic and his features this man must be a Donaran.  If
          Jordi did not identify this it means he is here as a quiet
          observer.  Maybe the Donarans do not want a full war with
          Clima and so will see where this goes.  Probably the
          Donarans will give their best intelligence form ship
          movements.  But this is all a guess from Arawn.

            The next three men are all wearing simple leathers of
          a more woodsman nature.  Almost like Will dresses.  From
          their looks they seem to be rough and tumble men who
          are ideal for wilderness work rather than city.  "This
          is Exur Demaris from Xan.   This one here is Udor Man'kali
          from Gom."  He then lets the Gom man nod in silent
          acknowledgement.  "This is Ghent Tuxa from the Kolari
          people."

            Arawn doesn't know every nation in this world but has
          looked at the world maps that Unali has and some in
          in Marentia.  If he recalls these last three nations
          are what the humans call Barbarians.  They surely have
          no major navy but they are neighbors and likely will
          give men and supplies.

            But any assault on the coastal Climan fort will have
          to have some ships.  The Elves do not have by nature
          a navy.  Maybe some sailing and fishing ships.  But
          no warships, at least that he is aware of.  If the Dark
          Elves are to be believed though they may have a large
          navy if they can land in Katai.

            The last man nearest Arawn is dressed in a nice
          brown tunic, tan vest and green pants of nice design.
          "Xoma Yuen from Bhamotin.  While his nation has no
          direct links to the fort they do have trouble with
          Climans.  They are considering loaning some ships for
          our mission.  But we are still early in the talks on that."

            Xoma grunts, "it would be good to have more local
          ships.  But we do see the merit in this task if it
          only the Climans are knocked from the mainland."

            Arawn sees Javon shrug slightly but does not say
          anything to the bait.

            Exur nods, "at least the filthy Rogizins will not
          be a part of this."  He picks up his mug of something
          red and drinks it.

            Jordi smiles and shrugs showing that he has a lot
          of work ahead to get all these humans to agree for
          the mission.  He turns toward the Elves.

            "Dei Ansor from the northern groups.  Panel Zuni from
          the south areas, Emstri Balkar from the east and Bandy from
          the West."

            Arawn listens to the names.   Bandy just a single name?
          Some Elves do only prefer single names.  But maybe this is
          a nick name as it does not seem to be Elven at all.

            Each elf looks basically the same.  White, gray or
          brown tunics and pants.  Most Elves prefer wearing
          green in the forest for obvious reasons but outside
          the forest many like to wear rather dull colored clothing.

            Then Jordi waves the center Elf, "General Abreis Yenoti who
          will be the commander of the ground forces."