[pnpgm] Game Update #106 - File #412 - Interrogation prep

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 01:43:50 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #106 in sequence (file #412)

        From Kiet on actions: [Re: Actions]
          All,

          My problem is that I have been in Israel for over 6 weeks and
          have several more to go.  I am here doing some consulting work.
          I do not have a great deal of time normally to do much else than
          work, eat, and sleep.  I have not spent a lot of time examining
          what the groups separate from Kiet have been up to.  I scan over
          them...at best.  I have little idea, for instance, as to what
          Arawn is up to.

          For the sake of the game, it would be great if you people that
          are with us in the barn would just have a conversation with Kiet
          about what precisely you need to know from our trussed up friend
          Or even just a list would help.  The conversation form could be
          made into part of the narrative, though.   Easier on Scott.

          Literally, I wake up, go to work, get home...to a hotel...try
          to find a place to eat...then come home to sleep.  Sometimes
          the internet here at the hotel doesn't work...like yesterday.
          So my time to search for your questions is limited.  Restaurants
          here usually take over two hours to have a meal.  The only reason
          I'm here now is because I'm skipping dinner (just not hungry).
          Time is tight this trip.
        GM: Ack. I understand.  Two hours?  I know those folks over there
            like full meals not just one plate but full courses. But
            two hours? :)

            Basically Arawn is meeting Jordi to learn info on the plant
            that might help Fremea and other info for future and current
            events.    Now he is playing diplomat about to settle a
            diplomatic crisis :)

            Fremea sought out her ex slaver Grosis who she escaped
            from. He was very abusive and mean.  Now it seems he has
            been removed from the industry and taken down in status
            in the underworld likely due to her escape.  They found
            his place which is a very small lower middle class place
            with a few coins and some papers.  Fremea is it seems
            interested in any stash he may have and information on the
            current slaver network.

            Unali/Kell captured Mavac the city guard Captain who is
            now seemingly in the industry.  He is probably on the
            front line not upper management.  So Unali wanted
            to know where his place is, any stash or wealth, info
            on the network as well as much details.  I believe
            Unali CCed you a email on this.

            Basically that is the gist of the situation.  Two
            prisoners.  Both current/past slavers.  Needing info
            on wealth and industry.

            Hope you enjoy your stay as a masad spy...err I mean as
            work there.  :) j/k

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Gazing dispassionately at the prisoner Z'leyra asks (in a
          language the prisoner will likely understand) those nearby "Does
          this fellow have more information that is needed? I can try to
          wrest it from his mind, of course there is no guarantee that his
          mind will be much use afterwards."

          If given any positive answer she will slowly and carefully
          (giving the prisoner plenty of time to talk) start the process
          of drawing a circle for a Sidh Purification EL1  which she will
          cast if he hasn't talked sufficiently, then loop the spell chain
          over the prisoners wrist and hers then casting through her staff
          she will cast an EL0 Fascination spell on the prisoner. After
          the spell is cast she will tell him to tell the party of
          anything that we would be interested in or would help us,
          starting with the most important things first.

          When it is obvious that he is under her control she will have
          him released and after the most important info has been told
          she will tell him to assist the party in any endeavor that we
          ask.
        GM: Ack.  You and Kiet need to decide who will interrogate.
            Kiet has the skills and you have magic.  Either you
            decide or Fremea can do so as leader.  Course there
            are two prisoners.

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Kiet/Unali/Kell/Fremea/Raban  Group]
          [Time: 11:40:00 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kiet gathers the group to ask what exactly what he is to do
          here and what questions.  it is always good to ask without
          the prisoner knowing so it can be a surprise.  Kiet has
          learned in his training that surprise gives the best reaction
          and body language.

            Z'leyra finishes her examination of the naked man and then
          Grosis.  Grosis is in better shape with just a few scraps
          and bruises.

            Gazing dispassionately at the prisoner Z'leyra asks, in Donaran,
          those nearby "Does this fellow have more information that is
          needed? I can try to wrest it from his mind, of course there is
          no guarantee that his mind will be much use afterwards."

            Before Raban leaves to do the blacksmith's work for him he
          eyes the prisoners and the group.  He is surprised at the
          way Z'leyra acts as she is supposed to be the healer.  Those
          who do no harm.  But if Arawn was here he'd try to act nice
          and just talk with  out any violence.  "I suspect that the
          naked guy will know who is in charge.  We need to know the
          chain of command and then how best to take down his friends."
          He shrugs and then heads out of the barn.

            Unali asks Kiet to extract information to hurt Mavac and the
          slave trade organization in the region as much as possible. "I
          know that Fremea wants everything possible to put these bastards
          out of trade forever. Not that others won't jump up in the gap
          he will leave, but it might just help for a short time. And no,
          slave trade is not something that I have compassion for, so he
          is free game."

            "And as he was smart enough to spill that he is not the head
          guy for the province, we might get some leads to follow up. See
          what you can get."

            Unali informs Kiet of all what Mavac said and what else she
          might could ask.  She then pats the acrobat and leaves the
          barn to walk back to the tavern.

            Kell looks grim as he finds torture a need but he rather
          buy information from a person not beat it out of them.  He
          does not have the stomach either for it.  "I think I agree.
          We need to find as much details on the organization as we can.
          Locations, names, slave hold outs, safe houses, details on
          slaves where they might be and such.  I would help out but
          the sight of things being cut of bodies and such...not my
          thing.  I think I'll join Unali and head back to the tavern."

            Kell looks back before leaving.  "Could you use a blanket?
          There is one there in the corner.  I don't think the blacksmith
          will enjoy a barn full of blood and body parts on the ground.
          So a cleanup might just be good courtesy."

            So this leaves Fremea, Kiet and Z'leyra to witness the
          questioning.

          [Time: 11:45:00 am - Samma city, Donara]

          [Arawn/Jordi's Tavern]
          [Time: 12:15:10 pm - Samma city, Donara] - Arawn

            The group stares at Arawn as he considers his reaction
          the slight mishap of words.  Arawn didn't realize the
          humans did not know of the flying ships.  That secret
          could cause some serious issues.  But it also could
          lead to a rally if treated in the right way.